Psst... Crayon
I can confirm what you've said in another thread about a certain society and its members. It's players like that that make this game less fun, unfortunately. 

I was on the fence about who to believe before, but not anymore.
You're talking about the one Olly's in right? I hear their players ignore imprints and throw OOC hissy-fits when things don't go their way.

Or maybe that's just you.

Since we're responding to other threads in here, I have to hazard a guess that the reason people don't flock when they see you on where is that your RP is thrace-esque at best. Sadly, you're not always at your best.
I don't know what thrace-esque means if I'm being honest. Google's kinda pointing me toward thinking you meant homoerotic, but that doesn't sound right.
(02-28-2018, 03:19 PM)SubtleBeast Wrote: I don't know what thrace-esque means if I'm being honest. Google's kinda pointing me toward thinking you meant homoerotic, but that doesn't sound right.

Thrace being that guy that's super thirsty. His OOC handle was Isaac... and Thrace. Just posting for educational purposes.
Ahh, thanks Stacie. Smile
Aquietghost Wrote:I hear their players ignore imprints

Fucking lol.

Reminds me of this one time an entire society ignored their imprints in favor of spamming gank attempts at the people responsible because like, you know, why not respond to creativity with garbage, and why not retaliate in response to an imprint that you're just going to ignore anyhow?

Hate to break it to you, bud, but you don't really have ground to stand on to bash Thrace when you think it's kosher to break into somebody's house and grief-brand a complete stranger. And that's coming from the big daddy of Thrace bashers. Dude usually puts in the effort when you give him a chance, he's just a little bit comedically thirsty. Same with RRK.

Maybe stop looking to Azazello as a role model and source of advice. Idk. Doesn't seem to be working out well for any of you.

Lemme ask you a question. How many people have quit or stopped playing characters as a result of RP with your society, total? In the last week?

I can think of at least four. Generally, should be a giant red flag that maybe you're not doing so hot at the being fun, not being a self-interested shitbird slinger of competitive e-peen ragebaby bullshit, thing.
"The day our glorious collective decides that being decent is as important as being competent (as they often go hand in hand), I'm sure several people will decide that the forums are suddenly a much more welcoming place to share ideas." - Dev
Yo. I have no horse in this race. I like Aquietghost and Subtlebeast equally, also I have no idea what you guys are talking about because I'm on break from Haven while I muster up the willpower to make a new character after you fucktards sucked all the joy out of playing Bonnie.

I just wanna say, in SubtleBeast's defense, while I have no idea what he may or may not have recently done — I've been really impressed with what I've seen of Olly's RP. I had no idea it was you, for a really long time.

I played Sunny last version. (My handle was Panacea.) You and I did not get along, or at the very least, I was very much not fond of the way you played Lou. But from what I've seen, you've improved tremendously, so I'm keeping an open mind until I see evidence suggesting otherwise — keep it up.

I don't avoid you on where and for me at least, it's not you. I thought about posting in your other thread, but didn't want to take the time to format things more formally and thought it might veer off topic.

I do however tend to dislike social RP that ignores society/archetype enmities; my characters will always treat an enemy like an enemy, even if it's beneath a thin, shady side-eye veneer of banter and courtesy. I don't know if that's part of what you were referring to in the other thread, with not being able to find just normal social RP — I'm just not your guy unfortunately, if normal coffee shop chit-chat is your kind of bag. The main draw in Haven for me is noir, dark/gritty realism and shadow government politics/spy-fi. If I wanted mundane social interactions, I'd just pick up the phone IRL. (In fact, the prospect of being bitten by a vampire would make me more, not less likely to show up to a scene.)

Also, until SubtleBeast becomes known for sexually harassing someone, I'm not going to compare him to Thrissac. I don't think you should either, Aquietghost. Save that insult for the lousy creepers who've earned it. Crayon: Stop calling Thrissac 'thirsty' or 'comedically thirsty'. He's not thirsty. He's a creep. It's not a 'boys will be boys' situation. There's a massive difference between being a little too eager to score tang and transgressing other people's boundaries, stalking them across multiple alts and social media platforms, to try to forcefully insert yourself into their beeswax when they've repeatedly told you to leave them alone. Being thirsty can be quite harmless. Being creepy is not; it's also not funny or cute.

(You did ignore imprints on Lou though. It drove me bonkers. But that's in the past now, as far as I'm concerned, since I don't know and can't make a fair judgement on whatever Aquietghost is talking about. I've enjoyed interactions with both Gale and Olly, so I'll remain on the fence.)

"Our pain is the mirror in which we can see the reflection of our humanity."
Make a difference.
[OOC] dev: 'when kes says ur goin 2 hard, u know u need 2 rethink ur life choices'
I didn't know you played Sunny, Kestrel so that's cool, thanks for the feedback also. I don't really know about the imprints you're talking about, but I'll concede you could be right and/or I probably didn't play them overtly enough. But if I did outright ignore them, I apologize.

Also thanks for the compliments to Olly, I've been trying to play him better than I played Lou, so it sounds like I may be making some progress there, I'll just keep working on it.

I'm not even going to get into the thrace/thrissac argument, mainly cause I don't know who the hell their char(s) were and/or what they did (I'm also not asking for someone to fill me in just to clarify).

Good to hear from you though Kestrel.
My experience with ritual imprints is they can be really hit or miss, honestly it feels like a 50/50 chance that they even hit the intended target. I feel that there needs to be a better feedback from the ritual when it ends if this is an intended feature. like you conclude your ritual, you were unable to affect your targets mind. Or else we get far too much of this kind of ooc shit going on behind the scenes, with people saying xxx is bad because they ignore imprints.

In 3.0 someone did a ritual imprint on my character, a few days later someone asked me on their behalf if I got it and was ignoring it, or what. I never got hit with it. This happened to me again where I heard someone was grumbling I was bad for ignoring an imprint.

I've also myself done imprint rituals on people where I felt they were ignoring, but found out later they weren't hit. So maybe this is something that needs to be addressed via code.
Kestrel Wrote:Crayon: Stop calling Thrissac 'thirsty' or 'comedically thirsty'. He's not thirsty. He's a creep. It's not a 'boys will be boys' situation. There's a massive difference between being a little too eager to score tang and transgressing other people's boundaries, stalking them across multiple alts and social media platforms, to try to forcefully insert yourself into their beeswax when they've repeatedly told you to leave them alone.

I agree, though I'm not really sure what specifically you're talking about, that Thrissac's behavior with regards to female players is generally reprehensible and in dire need of correction, but we're also talking about a game full of some pretty gross people. As far as I'm concerned there's a pretty big difference between boundary slippage and active stalking. I've definitely seen and heard of plenty of the former, but not so much the latter, or I would, in fact, be more condemnatory. While repugnant, there's a line for me between being unable to maintain and respect boundaries, being thirsty as a motherfucker, utilizing emotional manipulation and other infantile tools to pressure people into RP or into specific types of RP, which is all thirstbucket creepsterism, and outright active stalking, blackmail, threats, continuing to contact people that have told you to fuck off, etc. I'm not saying that what I've seen of what he has done has been okay, but not really witch hunt worthy, and as much as I've ridiculed the man in public, I feel obliged to treat him as fairly as I can in actual RP, and he's usually given me the same effort back. I'm also kind of a weirdo who goes out of his way to put in extra effort with people he doesn't get along with or has a bad opinion of in the hopes of having that opinion changed or improving things, right up about until they piss me off. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone further and done worse than I've heard about, though, I guess.

SubtleBeast Wrote:Also thanks for the compliments to Olly, I've been trying to play him better than I played Lou, so it sounds like I may be making some progress there, I'll just keep working on it.

I enjoyed all of my interactions with you. Definitely liked some of our banter on the occasions we met in character. The feet conversation was amusing. You're helpful and active and available and that's a great thing to have for new players or players of new characters without existing connections. If I wasn't a misanthropic idle-happy loner I probably would've clung to you for attention like a newborn when I rolled into your society. I don't have a bad thing to say about you really.
"The day our glorious collective decides that being decent is as important as being competent (as they often go hand in hand), I'm sure several people will decide that the forums are suddenly a much more welcoming place to share ideas." - Dev