\ Haven:Mist and Shadow Logs/Blood Circuses Complete
Logs

Blood Circuses Complete

Blood and Circuses

For Control-F quick find: Prologue, Part 1, Part 2, Interlude, Part 3

Prologue

Desari's phone starts ringing.

Desari answers her phone with a quizzical, "Hello?" clearly not recognizing the number.

The voice of Lee comes through. "Desari?" He sounds agitated. You can hear a crowd in the background.

Desari gasps with a flicker of affection and a lot of surprise at hearing the man's voice. "Lee?" she says, body tensing at the note in the man's voice. "Hey. You at a bar?" she asks, trying to sound casual, still. "Hard to hear you over the noise. What's up?"

"Yeah, I'm at a bar," Lee replies through the phone. "Listen, Des, something's up. I wouldn't have called you if it wasn't serious." You think you hear a door open, then shut. The sound fades into the background, but is still audible. "Are you still in Haven?"

"Damn it. We're going back to this? You damn well know you can call me any time you want, Lee," Desari says, letting a note of agitation free, though she holds it in check, after that brief snap. "Yeah. I'm in Haven. What's going on?"

"Hey, don't be like that," Lee says. It's that same damn line he used whenever he wanted you to just stop being angry at him without him having to change anything he was doing. "Look, some of the gang are missing. I think something's happened to them. I think someone's been following me. I don't know what to do. You were always better with this shit than me."

"You don't get to tell me what to do any more. You all left me." Desari breathes out the faintest of sighs, fingers clenching tightly around her phone. Shaking her head, she focuses on what's really important here, and says, "I'll help if you think you need me to. You know that. You guys are fucking family. Where are you? Not sure I've got enough to catch a plane but..."

"Plane? Des, I'm in Boston," he replies. "We've all been in Boston for a couple months. I don't know what the hell is going on."

"The fuck?" Desari growls, aggravation flickering with hints of feral in her eyes. "You didn't tell me? Nice, Lee. Thanks." She quite nearly hangs up the phone at that, finger hovering over the disconnect before she drags out a sigh and says, "Fill me in. Who's missing. Where'd they go missing? Where are you? I'll be there soon, but if I punch you, it's your own damn fault."

"Jesus Christ, Des, I didn't call you because I didn't think you wanted to fucking talk to me," Lee's voice has just a tinge of hurt, but he covers it up with a growl of his own, the panther in him rising. "Jordy and Diego," he says. "They've just vanished. I found their bikes, but I don't know where the hell they are and I just get their voicemail."

"I'm over it." Given the snap and growl in Desari's tone, perhaps she's not as over it as she claims. But whatever! She gives her head a fierce shake and says, "I'll be there in... ten. Fuck the speedlimit. Where's the bar? And stay where people can see you in the meantime, Lee. If this shit's bad, I don't want you taken out from under my nose too. Got it?"

"I'm at a place called the Drinking Fountain," Lee says. He rattles off the address...it's in the Roxbury neighborhood in south Boston. Not a great place at night. "I'll head back in. Just...get here soon, will you?" The phone hangs up.

"Ten," Desari repeats, but apparently to dead air. She turns, tossing her poor phone across the room with a rarely displayed anger. It takes maybe one minute for her to grab her coat and boots, slap on her beret, and retrieve her phone again, before she's out the door and running to her bike.

The streets of Boston fly past. You soon find yourself driving through Roxbury. The streets are mostly empty except for the occasional group of young men. One of them is dumb enough to whistle at you as you speed past on your bike. You soon find yourself on the same block as the Drinking Fountain. It seems that a crowd is moving out through the door and dispersing into the streets- perhaps a show just ended. You pull off on the side of the street and find yourself outside the establishment. People walking past you on both sides.

Desari starts to move into the crowd, dodging through people. Ears open, eyes wide, she searches the faces of those who go by for the one in particular she's looking for. At the same time, she's listening for anything at all, out of the ordinary for a late night bar-crowd. Short as she is, however, she eventually resorts to calling out, "Lee!" to try and let the panther shifter know of her presence.

                Stat Report:You
        You are extremely supernaturally perceptive.(5)

                Stat Report:You
        You have particularly acute hearing.(1)

                Stat Report:You
        You have particularly acute vision.(1)

Lee is not among the crowd. You can pick out conversations. From what you can tell, a band just finished playing for the night and most of the crowd are talking about the performance or complaining about having to go to work tomorrow. Your eyes flick between faces. Some of the guys are openly checking you out. Most people are content to ignore you. The door finally stops opening...the crowd must be departing entirely. It seems that the place is still open, though. You know they can't serve beer since it's Sunday in Massachusetts, so you anticipate a very light crowd inside.

Worry is starting to etch onto Desari's features. "God damn you Lee," she growls beneath her breath, shoving through the doorway herself and into the room. "You should not have hung up the phone." Just inside, she stops again, searching whomever is left for the familiar face of the man she's growing more and more furious at.

Inside the Drinking Fountain This area seems well populated.

  This looks like your typical dive bar- pool tables, juke box, swinging

lights that occasionally flicker.

Clouds of cigarette smoke drift through the air, in flagrant violation of Massachusetts law.

The crowd seems pretty sparse tonight.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waxing gibbous moon.

Places: An out of the way booth

You feel a growing sense of worry, and a need to find -- and then punch -- that man.

You step into the Drinking Fountain. You immediately smell cigarette smoke and perspiration. The place is small, dark, and cramped. You can see a band on one end of the bar, grizzly roadies taking down their equipment and putting it into thick black cases. The waitresses are serving soda, thanks to Massachusetts' old Puritan laws. You scan the bar and find the familiar form of Lee hiding in an out of the way booth in the background. If not for your superior perception, you probably would've overlooked him.

All of the tension ebbs out of Desari in a rush. "Coke," she says to a nearby waitress. "Two of them, yeah?" She turns then, assuming the waitress will bring the drinks to her, and crosses the bar in a hurry, to slide into the booth near Lee. "God damn it. You scared the everloving shit out of me," she growls, leaning across the table to curl her fingers in the front of his jacket, or whatever he's wearing. Despite the anger that has her pupil's slanting catlike, there's true affection and honest worry emanating from her.

You join An out of the way booth. Crammed into the corner and without a light directly overhead, this booth offers some concealment from the rest of the patrons. Between the noise from the jukebox and the chatter of bar patrons, a private conversation can easily occur here.

A couple of shabby menus and various bar condiments are crammed together at the center of the table.

Lee tenses when you hiss at him and grab his jacket. He's dressed in a faded, battered jacket with some band t-shirt worn under it. His hair is spiked up, just like it always was, and you think he has even more piercings than he did last time. "Fucking Christ," he growls. "Good to see you too, babe." You can't tell if the term babe is sarcasm or not, but he does look into your eyes for a long moment before simply saying, "I'm glad you're here."

Desari leans in, grazing her lips across Lee's. Unless he's going to pull away, that is. So much for hitting him. She releases him after, falling back onto her side of the booth, and instead nudging his shin with a toe. "I'm here. You knew I'd come or you wouldn't have called," she says, tongue touching her lower lip as she tilts her head to study the bar thoughtfully. "Who's following you? Someone in here?"

Lee's lips twitch briefly as you brush his. You aren't sure if it's reflex or an attempt to kiss him back, but your mouth is gone too quickly to find out. He exhales and relaxes back into the booth. "Yeah, I knew you'd probably come," he said, "And if there was anyone else, I'd have called them first. I think we're being hunted." He scans the bar, his perception not as good as yours, but definitely beyond that of a natural human. "This guy- I keep seeing him everywhere. I mean, it could be a coincidence, but I just get a bad feeling about him. Don't think he's here tonight, though."

Desari's lips press into a thin line, clearly not taking Lee's claim as a compliment. She draws in a breath, releasing it slowly to work the agitation out of her system. "Describe him?" she asks finally. "Our instincts. Bad feelings are almost always right."

"Big bastard," Lee says, framing the guy's imaginary shoulder width. "Mean looking bastard. Kind of like a younger Jordy. Bigger beard. Big coat. Scars." He draws three fingers across his cheeks, illustrating the injury. "I keep seeing this big white van around, too." He frowns. "It's not just Jordy and Diego. I know people around here who haven't been around much. Just a few. The community's starting to worry that the Keepers are on a tear."

Lee's phone buzzes. Your acute hearing and supernatural perception are able to pick it up over the din of the bar.

Desari listens. Pensive silence fills the air as she curls her hands in, clenching fists until her knuckles are white. "Fucking Keepers better not have them..." She tilts her head, eyes on someone again abruptly. "Is that them?"

"Is that who?" Lee asks, checking his phone. He fires off a quick text, then ducks the device into the pocket of his leather jacket. "Shit, Des, I don't know what the fuck to do. We have to find them." You don't recall the last time you heard worry in Lee's voice.

"Right. So it's not them." Desari groans softly to herself, but whatever her thoughts, she doesn't voice them to Lee. Instead, she says quietly, "Lee, I'm here, alright? I'm here and I'm going to help you. You know I'm not about to abandon them either..."

You think; 'So it's some other girl. Lovely, Lee. You're so worried about your friends, you’re checking in with a girl.'

You feel aggravated and at the same time, intensely worried about the other two that aren't womanizing jerks she wants to punch and kiss and punch again.

You say, to Lee, 'Easiest way to find them, is probably to find this guy.'

"Right," Lee says, nodding. "Yeah. Well, what do you want to do? Hunt him, or let him come to us?"

Desari sighs. "Have you got anything else to go on?" she says, rubbing hands over her face tiredly. "You said you thought you saw him here tonight, right?"

"No, I don't think he's in here tonight," Lee says. "All I know is where Jordy and Diego were when I last heard from them. Jordy was at Pineapple's, Diego was at Lucky's."

Lee tenses, falling quiet.

Desari starts to shift from her seat, turning her legs to the side. She doesn't rise, though, for Lee's reaction has her pausing, looking up at him again worriedly. "What is it?" she asks quietly.

"Nothing," Lee says. "Anyway, that's what I know. They both got grabbed on the same night. It was maybe three days ago. Grabbed or whatever... I don't know. That's just the last I heard from them."

"Lee..." Desari arches an eyebrow. "If there's something else, you damn well need to tell me. I can't help working on partial evidence." Her frown deepens, and then she leans forward to murmur, "So there's at /least/ two of them, and they're damn strong if they're taking out our bear. Okay... Let's head outside. You first. But I'll be right behind you. Take a look for any signs of anything that reminds you of him, yeah?"

There's a subtle 'snick' beneath the table as Desari pulls her knife from the waistband of her pants, keeping it otherwise well concealed within her coat.

Lee nods and slides out of the booth. His phone vibrates again, barely audible even to you since it's jammed into his pocket. He makes his way out of the bar into the night air. You slip behind him and find yourselves outside of the Drinking Fountain.

Though she has little to work on, Desari keeps a close eye on Lee as they walk out of the building. Doing her best to blend in, silent feet follow the panther at a short distance, but nothing she can't close in a hurry if she has to. Pausing every now and then, she looks around for the white van, or the man who looks sort of like her friend, only hairier. "I can hear you if you talk low," she reminds Lee, in a soft voice of her own.

"I know," Lee says quietly, the voice drifting to your ears as he starts toward an alleyway between the Drinking Fountain and a tobacconist.

Desari ducks into the alley, feet padding on softly, letting Lee maintain his lead. Glancing back over her shoulder, she studies the parking lot for a moment, thoughtfully.

Your ears pick up the sounds of squealing tires nearby.

This late at night, that has Desari tensing again, whipping around with a low, feline hiss that hopefully, Lee will catch on to. Her head tilts, ears attempting to identify the direction of the sounds before stepping hesitantly towards them. Nocturnal eyes strain through the dim alley, to see if she can identify the vehicle at all, before giving herself away.

A van pulls up across the opposite mouth of the alley, a large, white thing. It stops so that the side door is parallel with the alley.

"Shit," Desari hisses. "Lee, back, now!" She's already moving forward to try and pull Lee with her, in the opposite direction of the van. "That's no fucking coincidence..."

                Stat Report:You
        You have ranged defense.(4)

The door opens up. You see two men kneeling, rifles shouldered and pointed in their direction. You're at about the middle of the alley. You can attack, you can flee, you can try to ascend the fire escape, you can try to smash through a side door.... but you'd better decide quickly.

Desari does react quickly. She twists around, shoving Lee in front of her, so that he's a little further from those guns. "Fuck, get on your bike and ride like hell's after you to Haven. The trailer's still there," she hisses to her ex. "I'll get a license plate. Get Link to trace it for us, and we'll fight these fuckers on our terms, yeah?" She waits until he's on his way, before twisting about and leaping for the fire escape.

                Stat Report:You
        You are more agile and adroit than any human.(3)

                Stat Report:You
        You have incredibly quick reflexes.(2)

                Stat Report:You
        You can perform more advanced acrobatics than any human.(3)

                Stat Report:You
        You can run incredibly fast or 50 MPH.(5)

Lee runs out of the alley. It seems one of the shooters is firing at him, and one at you. Oddly, the alley does not fill with the sharp sound or rifle fire, but rather with soft "twhip" sounds. You feel a very light impact as something hits you in the back...luckily it doesn't penetrate your concealed vest. You bound up the fire escape onto the roof, projectiles whizzing past as you expertly avoid them. You are now on top of the roof. You hear the men arguing as to whether or not they should follow you. After a moment, the van door slams and the van begins driving like the proverbial bat out of hell down the street behind the bar.

Desari drops back down from the fire escape the moment the men give up the chase. She lands hurriedly, in a crouch that slows her briefly. But then she's up into a sprinter's pose, putting on a burst of speed and following that van through the dark for long enough to hopefully catch a glimpse of the license plate.

You bound after the van. You're about as fast as it is, but they have a head start. You can see the plates, you make out about half of the letters and numbers, but then one of the back doors opens, a man bracing himself against the van interior and leveling a weapon at you...some kind of long arm.

Desari hopefully can tell if it's a local plate or not. But either way, she hits the ground, rolling herself off to the side and falling still as quickly as possible. It lets the van get away, but she's got about as much as she's going to, apparently, and doesn't need a bullet for her trouble, as well. As the vehicle pulls away, she jumps back to her feet brushing at bruises and scrapes as she heads for her bike to chase after the man who is, hopefully, well on his way to Haven.

Definitely a local plate... Boston. Given your toughness, you have only a few superficial bruises and scrapes, nothing to worry about. As you gather yourself, however, you become aware that whatever the man shot at you with is still lodged in the back of your armor. The van vanishes around a corner.

At a more comfortable lope back to the alley, and the parking lot beyond where her bike awaits, Desari reaches back to tug the dart (?) from her vest. She glances at it curiously, before tucking it into the satchel she's never without, putting it away for proper study by someone who knows what they're doing.

It is, in fact, a dart. Luckily the rifle was low powered and your vest was not penetrated. You pocket the dart and easily find your bike.

Desari heads back to Haven then, calling on those Temple contacts of hers to analyze the dart and try to tap into Boston's street cameras for a location on that van, as well as checking in with Lee to make sure he's alright. Chances are, they'll spend that night in the ratty old trailer, downing a bottle of whiskey, and thanking their lucky stars. Plans can be made once the hangovers ebb.

((The following night))

South Boston- 10 pm on a Tuesday night. With college nearing Spring Break, there's actually a rather active crowd out tonight: students burned out and tired of their studies, looking to drink the night away.

Boston- Streets of Roxbury This area seems well populated. You are standing in the Roxbury neighborhood in south Boston. The neighborhood consists of cramped old apartment buildings, dive bars, narrow alleys, and railroad tracks.

 M                                        n

While some parts of the neighborhood are starting to see some signs of gentrification, mostly this is just run down Southie.

Franklin Park is nearby.

It is night, about 48F(8C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waxing gibbous moon.

[ ] [ ]

Desari is standing here.

You apply to run the room.

You are now running the room.

Apparently Desari is. Pissed off by 'work', she's taken matters into her own hands, and gotten the hell out of Dodge, at least for awhile. Parking her bike, she slips off and stands beside it, hands shoved into her pockets and ignoring the buzzing of her phone, for now. After a moment or two passes, she turns to head with the crowd to a nearby bar. Why not?

All of them are pretty run down looking, some artfully so as gentrification begins to creep into the edges of the neighborhood, others are genuine blue collar bars. There are bars aplenty in Roxbury. College bars, working class Irish bars, hipster bars... Desari need only walk a few blocks in any direction and she can have her choice of watering hole. All of them are pretty run down looking, some artfully so as gentrification begins to creep into the edges of the neighborhood, others are genuine blue collar bars.

With a toss of her head, Desari pulls a hand from her pocket to tuck stray hair behind her ears. Then, setting off at a casual walk, she heads towards one of the bars Lee had mentioned on Sunday night.

Desari feels uncertain about her choice.

Desari thinks; 'May as well go back to where they were taken, see if anyone shows up again...'

Reaching the bar, Desari takes a long, curious, careful look around the parking lot and the exterior, before joining those heading on in. Once inside, she claims a stool at the bar, angling her body to let her look around easily enough, while ordering a drink from the bartender.

Desari types a message out on their phone.

Desari types a message out on their phone.

Desari types a message out on their phone.

South Boston- Pineapple's This area seems well populated. Inside a crumbling brick buidling is a dive bar- or rather, it seems to be a Gentleman's Club. Lurid neon pink lights run through the place, giving it a slightly 80's feel. The wall is decorated with neon pineapple-shapped light displays. The waitresses scurry between tables, filling pitchers, delivering buckets, and wearing insanely tight yellow shirts with pineapple graphics over their breasts. Various women perform on stage, sliding along poles, grinding in laps, etc. A spiral staircase is in the northeast corner of the bar, roped off with a red velvet rope and a "VIP ONLY" sign... and a rather large bouncer.

It is night, about 46F(7C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waxing gibbous moon.

You should've known, when the bouncer at the door let you cut in front of a couple of generic, douchey frat guys *and* waived the cover charge for you. Yet here you are, inside what is obviously a kitschy and shameless strip club. You instantly get why Jordy was here. He loves places like this.

Desari can't help the amused grin as she wanders in, and gets an eyeful of the sort of place this is. Clearly not worried about standing out, she saunters across the room. "Ahh, Jordy," she says with a shake of her head, the amusement dampened by worry. She keeps that off her face, however, as she settles herself at a table, fiddling with the collar of her jacket, and eventually sliding it off entirely. "Damned old bear." Her blue eyes narrow, just slightly, taking in the surroundings thoughtfully, and looking for anything like a familiar face.

Eyes watch you- not familiar faces, but rather the leering of patrons. Several cocktails are brought to your table in short order, the waitress informing you that they are complimentary of this or that guy. A stripper slinks past you, glaring at you for some reason. A different one approaches you a few seconds later, offering you a lap dance.

You apply to run the room.

You are now running the room.

Desari takes one of the drinks, lifting it in playful thanks to the guy it's from. Taking a slow sip, she studies the waitress for a moment and then murmurs, "I'm sort of waiting for a... friend of mine. He'd be a little disappointed, I think, if I took you up on that offer before he got here, sweetie." She tilts her head though, lashes fluttering in a wink. "Don't suppose you know him? He comes here time to time, but this is the first time I've talked him into letting me join him. Big old guy with a bald head and beard, goes by Jordy?"

"Lots of big ol' bald guys with beards here, honey," the stripper sasses back. "Jordy... I dunno, lemme check with the other girls. Seems kinda familiar, but you don't learn a lot o' names, here." She flits off, her ass wiggling pleasantly behind her.

The place is pretty raucous for a Tuesday night. A decent sized patronage attends the place. The bartenders wear gaudy Hawaiian shirts. You wait for the stripper to return, hopefully with some information for you.

Desari is content to continue her people watching and sip her drink in the meantime, nursing it slowly enough that it doesn't go to her head.

The bartenders wear gaudy Hawaiian shirts. You wait for the stripper to return, hopefully with some information for you.

Desari meant 'in the meantime' as in, while she waits for the stripper chick. She also toys with her phone, sending off a couple of random texts and letting her expression grow faintly irritated, as if she had, in fact, been stood up.

The stripper returns. "Uh," she says, looking at you with some sympathy. "Sorry, hon. He, uh... he was here a few nights ago, but he left with Vicky. She does a little business on the side, know what I mean?" She frowns. "Next coupla drinks are on the house."

"Ah fuck," Desari grumbles. She looks aggravated, for sure, but hey. Free drinks. Her expression slowly smooths out and she murmurs, "Awfully nice of you. Any chance this Vicky chick is working tonight?" Holding up her hands in a gesture of harmlessness she adds, "Not going to claw out her eyes or anything. Just want to chat."

Desari types a message out on their phone.

Desari feels frustrated, both at the dumbass bear for going home with a stranger, and the lack of a lead.

Desari thinks; 'Was it her? How the fuck did a girl take out Jordy?'

"Uh, Iunno," the stripper says, turning to scan the rowdy establishment. Suddenly, you notice something- your eyes and senses being far more keen than a human's. There's a girl headed toward the back door with a weasly little guy- the kind of guy who'd probably have to pay for a lady's attentions. But you think you see her hand on the small of his back, but... to shove. You get the distinct impression that he is being forced out of the establishment. The stripper looks back over her shoulder. "Oh, there she is. Jeez, she's awfully busy for a Tuesday," she mutters. "She should at least let us get a few dances out of 'em first." She looks down at you. "Sorry, hon. You got your own problems." She slinks off and moments later is giving a lap dance to a gruff looking customer.

Desari wiggles her fingers in a wave, before standing. Putting a disgruntled look on her face for any who might have been watching, she turns and does what she does best. Blending into the crowded room, she follows after the indicated woman and her 'target' of the moment.

Desari types a message out on their phone.

(Subtly) It's a crappy little phone camera indeed, on her cheapass little phone, but Desari attempts to snap a quick picture of the girl's profile as she follows them.

. Click.

Between the noise and the crowd, you are easily able to follow the couple, though given the distance you have to cross, they make it out the door before you do. You emerge out into the alley behind Pineapples...

Desari thinks; 'Fucking alleys. It's like they /want/ people to be mugged around here.'

Desari thinks; 'Oh... that's right. They do.'

Desari feels a surge of caution as she slips into the dim alleyway.

Desari steps forward to catch the door, slipping out before it latches, to hopefully not alert anyone listening. Carefully, she pulls up a number, ready to dial with the simple press of a fingertip (Evan's) and types into it a quick: 911, Pineapple's, Boston. Of course, it's not sent yet. Instead, she continues to prowl soundlessly after the couple.

The first sound that greets your acute hearing is the `ythud`w of flesh hitting flesh, followed by a low, masculine moan. The sounds is coming from down the alley. Your available cover options are limited to a dumpster and the shadows themselves. Think fast. The first sound that greets your acute hearing is the thud of flesh hitting flesh, followed by a low, masculine moan. The sounds is coming from down the alley. Your available cover options are limited to a dumpster and the shadows themselves. Think fast.

Desari takes the dumpster, for now. Slipping in behind it, she lets her eyes narrow and change, the feline pupil letting in more light as she strains to see exactly what is happening out there.

Further down the alley, you see three figures, more clearly now that your eyes have shifted to feline perceptions. The woman, Vicky, is standing off to the side, hand in her cropped brown leather jacket. The second figure is a burly man wearing a black balaclava and a bulky coat. He has a build similar to Jordy's, but you're pretty sure it isn't him. The third is the weasly little guy who accompanied Vicky, and he seems to be in the process of being slammed against the brick wall of the alley with a sputtering cough. You'll be able to hear their conversation with your acute hearing if you choose to eavesdrop. You seem to be completely undetected for the moment.

Desari releases a soft breath, her pulse relaxing as she remains undetected. But at the same time, her muscles grow more tense, jaw clenching as she watches the little weasel getting bullied. Straining her ears, eyes as much on Vicky as the bruiser, she listens.

"Which ones?" Vicky asks the weasly little man. "I didn't get a good look," he says in a nasal voice. For his answer, he is rewarded a solid punch to the stomach by the bruiser. He coughs, doubling over, but he is quickly seized by his collar and pulled to his feet, held up and slammed against the back wall of the bar. "Try again," Vicky hisses. "Which ones?"

Desari bites on her lip. But for now, she keeps listening.

"There's just one tonight," he chokes out. "Just one. The girl- the one in the jacket...black hair." You realize that he is describing you. "And what is she?" hisses Vicky. "I don't know," he moans. "She's not a wolf, though. I know wolves when I see 'em." The bruiser grabs the weasel by his neck and slams him in to the wall again. You hear the dull crack of his skull against the bricks. "You better not be lying to us, Joey," the man rumbles. "I find out you're holding out on us, I'm taking one of your fuckin' fingers, you got it?"

Desari breathes out a low hiss, reaching into her satchel for her knife. With it, she pulls a small vial and a capped syringe. The knife is, for now, tucked into her belt, and the syringe loaded quickly, with skilled and practiced hands. It's certainly not the powerful mess that was loaded into tranq darts, but it's her go-to.

Desari gets a small vial of rohypnol from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Desari gets a KA-BAR knife from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Joey tries to curl himself into a little ball. The bruiser kicks him in the side, illiciting a pathetic yelp from the man. "What do you want to do about her?" The bruiser asks Vicky. "She might be a shifter," the woman reasons. "If she is, we tranq her and tank her. If she's not, we put a bullet through her fucking face and leave her in an alley." The bruiser nods. "Unless she's a lezzie, you aren't going to get her out here," the bruiser says. "Go back in and watch her 'til she leaves. When you figure out where she's parked, text me and I'll bring the van around." He looks down at the poor guy, Joey. "Go head. Me and Joey are gonna have a little chat about the money Joey said he'd be bringing me tonight." The man crouches down. "You got my money, Joey?" He growls in the man's ear. "I told you on Friday I'd give you three more days. Now...where's my goddamn money?"

There is no Shroud in Boston, you realize suddenly... how can he tell you aren't human, and, specifically, not a werewolf?

Desari lingers where she's crouched, syringe in hand and knife at easy reach. Ignoring the two men for just a moment, she waits for Vicky to walk past.

Desari feels anxious and aggravated, the feral streak within barely contained now that she knows /she/ is somehow a target.

Desari thinks; 'Come on bitch. Just walk past...'

Vicky comes walking down the alley toward your position. Over the click of her heels on the dirty concrete, you can hear the sickening sounds flesh and bone hitting each other, accompanied by sadistic growls and cries of agony.

Desari waits until Vicky is just a few steps past where she crouches in the darkness. Not a sound is given, at least not deliberately, as she moves swiftly to wrap a hand around the woman's mouth and inject that syringe's contents into her neck. (just using the vial to represent the drugs that are apparently amazing when she abducts people, if you're cool with that.)

Stat Report:Desari she has incredibly quick reflexes.(2)

Stat Report:Desari she is more agile and adroit than any human.(3)

Stat Report:Desari she can run incredibly fast or 50 MPH.(5)

Stat Report:Desari she can blend into any background and move completely silently.(5)

Desari puts a small vial of rohypnol down.

You throw a small vial of rohypnol away.

look

Ability Report:Desari she knows how to grapple with someone to stop them leaving.

Although Vicky lets out a strangled cry, her partner's brutality is so loud that he likely can't hear it. After a few moments, Vicky succumbs to the effects of the tranquilizer, going limp in your arms.

You notice Vicky is wearing a rather unusual ring...

The ring is inscribed with an hourglass insignia...

Desari thinks; 'Fuck. Keepers. It is. God damn... Well there's no fucking Understanding here, now is there?'

No Understanding... the beast within you stirs. You could just kill her...

You then realize that you have no idea if your friends are alive, or in one piece....

Desari feels an intense desire to do just that, though it's damped down with a struggle.

Desari thinks; 'Questions first. Him, first.'

You hear the sound of a body hitting the ground. "Next time, Joey, you better have my goddamn fucking money." The man seems to be stepping out of the alley and onto the street...

After a moment's hesitation, Desari makes up her mind. She steps cautiously into the alley, moving closer to shadow the bruiser. A quick look aside at the fallen 'Joey' is given to assess his condition (that faeborn sense weakness trait <3) before she makes up her mind which of the two to take after.

Joey is severely wounded. He's going to need medical attention.

Desari thinks; 'I could take him. He's obviously /not/ human. But he doesn't look like he's got the ins and outs of the game...'

Desari feels a moment's indecision, before choosing to follow after the aggressor.

Desari thinks; 'What is this guy? Supernatural? They're Keepers. The fuck are they doing, working with supers?'

The man is walking down the street, moving through throngs of college students and blue collar guys who are on the Tuesday night bar crawl. He has removed his balaclava and stowed it somewhere. You can see his head is bald. Your acute sight can pick out the hourglass tattoo on the back of his neck, ringed by stylied black text reading Time's Up, Freaks. His fists are clenched at his sides and he strides with purpose.

Desari continues to follow, blending into the crowd. She's not that much older than most of those college kids anyway. She lifts her phone, snapping a picture of the back of the man's head, though who knows how clear the photo will be, in the long run. But after a moment, she pauses and turns, heading back to the injured and unconscious pair she's left behind in the alley.

Desari thinks; 'If he's not human, I'm risking way too much. Information first.'

Desari thinks; 'Note to self: New phone. Better camera.'

Thankfully, both figures are still in the alley. Joey coughs wetly, barely conscious, his face bruised and bloodied. Vicky is slumped in the shadows, out cold.

Desari bends to lift Joey. "You've had one hell of a night, rat," she purrs, not even trying to hide the feral note in her voice. "But it's not over yet..." Dragging him down the alley to her little hidey-hole behind the dumpster, she drops the injured man beside the unconscious woman, and lifts her phone to dial Lee.

Joey coughs, going fetal as you deposit him behind the dumpster next to Vicky. The phone rings.

"Where the fuck are you?" Comes Lee's agitated voice through the phone. "I was -waiting- for you."

Desari speaks softly into her phone, focus on the end of the alley and the back door of the bar. "Outside Pineapple's. Turns out they had a couple of packages for us, babe," she purrs, though he's very likely to hear the beast just below the surface, right now. "Too big to take anywhere on my bike, and can't bring either one into Haven. You want to meet me?"

Desari says, in just a whisper, 'One of 'em's the whore that turned Jordy in.' "I'm already in Roxbury," your phone replies. "I'll be there in ten."

The person on the other end hangs up.

Desari feels a flash of dry amusement, as she realizes that the term loosely describes both of them.

Desari takes the time to do a brief assessment of Joey's injuries, before binding his wrists, in front of him rather than aggravating injuries any further. She turns to do the same to his ankles, and then asks in a light tone, cat with a mouse for sure, now. "How'd you know it was me, Joey?"

Joey coughs. "I can tell," he moans. "I can tell when people aren't normal, an' I can tell when they're werewolves." He spits blood onto the pavement.

Desari thinks; 'Hurry, Lee. If the bastard shows up...'

Desari feels a flash of inspiration.

Desari thinks; 'We can text him to meet us, from her phone, when we're ready. '

Desari reaches over, patting down the unconscious and bound woman in search of her cellphone. "Yeah? Lucky you," she says with a wrinkle of her nose, and if she finds a phone, it's tucked into her satchel with her own belongings, for now. "Can you tell a vampire, when you see one?" She reaches over, running a fingertip through the fresh blood on Joey's face, while looking him over for any sign of the Keeper insignia. "How'd you get involved in all this?"

On Vicky's person, you find a wallet empty of much save for a debit card (for Hank Bachus), an ID that bears the name Victoria Ryan, and a photo of what looks like a younger, cleaner Vicky with a smiling man and two children. In her jacket, you find a taser, a bottle of chloroform, and a .38 revolver loaded with six hollow-point bullets. You then begin interrogating Joey... "I can't tell vampires," he says, "They just look like everyone who ain't a werewolf... you're either a werewolf, or something, or human... I ain't workin' with them. They threaten me. If I don't scout the bars for 'em, they said they're gonna kill me. They said it's gonna take a week for me to die..."

"Yeah," Desari says to the poor, battered guy, as she tugs the gun, taser, chloroform (useful stuff! No phone?) away from the unconscious woman. "And when they're done with you?" she goes on, in that same low, conversational tone. "When you've handed us all over to them? Guess what then?" She 'pats' his cheek, and not very gently at all, as she says, "I wonder if they skin non-shifters alive too? Probably. Joey, Joey, Joey. You know you're in over your head, yeah? Ever thought about... I dunno. Relocating to Spain?" Her lip curls up, the gleam in her eyes bold. "Tell me what you know. Everything about them. Start with how they found you in the first place, and how you contact them."

Oh yes, there's a phone in her jacket. It screams 'I'm a burner phone.'

score

"They only want shapeshifters," Joey says frantically. "They want shifters- big ones. Tough ones. I don't turn into nothin' they want," he says. "The girl," he looks to Vicky, "She told me she was a fae, one that can hide how they are. Said she'd teach me how to do it. It was a trick. She ain’t a fae. Now these guys come around all the time, they ask me to help 'em find people. They tell me they got people watchin' me, that I can't get away..."

"Yeah well..." Desari gives another little shrug. "Looks to me like he left you in an alley to live or die. And it seems to me like you've got two choices, Joey. You can figure out a way to get the fuck away from here or die trying or..." She tilts a finger beneath his chin, letting him see the angry cat in her eyes. "You can let them use you, abuse you, and eventually kill you. Rabbit, or possum, Joey?"

Desari lets the question linger in the air for a time, before asking again, "How do you get in touch with them when you find someone?"

"They tell me where to be. They tell me what bars to scout," Joey says. "I don't have any money to get out of here...they shake me down every week."

"So you just wait til one of them drags you out?" Desari says, arching an eyebrow at the poor guy, incredulously.

He nods. "I'm scared to try and hide from them. I'm scared to tell 'em no."

Desari feels a faint idea of a plan beginning, but a lot of concern about it's flimsy nature.

"Yeah and look how well telling them 'yes' went tonight," Desari points out. She reaches into her bag, however, and pulls out a painkiller. She spends enough time in medbay, after all. "Take this, and tell me something. You willing to help me strike back at them, if I promise to get you out, after?"

Joey nods, though his eyes are wide with terror. "I want out," he croaks. "I just want to get away from them."

"Right then. You're going to start texting me the locations you're scouting at night. Got it?" Desari narrows her eyes at him, and adds in a husky, yet definitely no-nonsense tone. "And you're going to do your damned best not to turn anyone else over, in the meantime. I've already got friends missing. And you'd better hope they aren't dead. You're going to help me bust this ring and end these murderers."

End Prologue

Part 1

You are now running the room.

South Boston- Alleyways: Saturday night, South Boston. Desari and Lee have returned to follow up on what little information they managed to glean from Vicky and Joey. Both of them suggested that there's a Keeper cell operating in South Boston. Vicky claimed to be bait and has no idea why they're targeting shapeshifters, other than the fact that they're goddamn animals like the one who murdered her family....

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari doesn't believe the 'bait' bit at all, after hearing Vicky tell the unknown bully in the alley to shoot her in the face. But for all that, there's little to go on. And so, on the way here, she's taken the time to fill Lee in on what she's learned about the van, and it's owner, after a quickly run background check on him. This includes the poorly taken pictures of his profile and the tattoo on the back of his neck, from when she followed him through town.

South Boston- Alleyways: Interestingly enough, the van's owner is Hank Bachus, the name that was on the debit card in Vicky's wallet. Records list him, however, as being 52 years old...the tattooed man you were following seemed to be awfully beefy. You have an address for Hank Bachus. There has been no activity on Vicky's phone since you bugged it... but then again, it looked like a burner phone to begin with. The pictures you took are....less than stellar, with only vague details available. Note to self: get a phone with a better camera.

South Boston- Alleyways: Where are Desari and Lee tonight? Where do they begin their search?

South Boston- Alleyways

  A series of dark, claustrophobic alleys in South Boston. The cracked

concrete is littered with trash and the walls are marred with graffiti. Back doors to various establishments are set into the dirty walls. You can hear the traffic of the neighborhood nearby.

It is night, about 41F(5C) degrees, and there are a few thin white clouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Desari lingers at the intersection, watching traffic

Boston- Streets of Roxbury This area seems well populated.

  You are standing in the Roxbury neighborhood in south Boston. The

neighborhood consists of cramped old apartment buildings, dive bars, narrow alleys, and railroad tracks.

While some parts of the neighborhood are starting to see some signs of gentrification, mostly this is just run down Southie.

Franklin Park is nearby.

It is night, about 41F(5C) degrees, and there are a few thin white clouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Mikhail arrives.

Mikhail is standing here. Risa is standing here. Veronica is standing here.

South Boston- Alleyways: Tonight, Desari and Lee are going to check out the house, first. Dressed in black from head to toe, she's totally ready to play cat burglar. As they arrive at the location, she pauses, turning to hug him swiftly. "You stay out here," she suggests. "Keep an eye on the road and text me if there's any signs of anything out of the ordinary, okay? If this guy's really as old as he's supposed to be, this'll be a quick in and out..." She smiles, and pulls away, slipping out of sight as she heads for the bac door.

The Order crew arrives in south Boston, acting on intel from faction staffers and unsavory contacts. According to what you know, there are abductions here that mirror those in Haven, and you have reason to believe the van from the abductions has been active in this area. Roxbury is bustling on a Saturday night- college students eager for spring break, blue collar workers enjoying the weekend, and hipsters who are bringing gentrification to the neighborhood.

Somewhere along the way to the site, Risa tells the other two Orderites in disappointment, "I forgot the sake."

Mikhail drinks from his bottle of Vodka.

As Mikhail continues to drive onwards, as he takes a swig from his vodka bottle before he pulls over to the side, "I came prepared, Comrade!"

Veronica at least attempts to dominate the choice of music on the tape deck, frequently switching between songs with a random select of various hard rock bands, mostly the classics with a few more modern selections in there. "I have plenty of whiskey, it's fine." She reassures Risa. "Though.. sorry Mikhail I only brought two cheesecakes."

"...After we are done. Maybe we can get some," Risa comments to the others as she looks outside to the area of Boston as they drive up. She looks over the various faces, eyes scanning the crowd of individuals attentively. Looking for anything that would be eye-catching to her, or so it would seem. "Do we intend to tail them? It may be easier for me to do so as a spirit."

		Stat Report:Risa
	she can detect supernaturals.(2)

South Boston- Alleyways: The address is a shitty basement apartment in a run down brick tenement building. There is no sign of the van nearby. The door is a beat to hell white wooden door set at the bottom of some concrete stairs leading down from the sidewalk. Crumbling numbers on the door indicate that this is Apartment 5B. There is a small black mailbox fastened to the front of the door. It appears to be absolutely busting with uncollected mail.

Climbing out of the jeep, Veronica too scans the faces, her head tipping to the side as she tries to pick up on anything of note. She does up the zip on the front of her biker jacket and tucks her hair within the hood, perhaps trying to blend in a bit with the locals.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she has particularly acute hearing.(1)


		Stat Report:Veronica
	she has particularly acute vision.(1)

Mikhail slowly trudges out of his car as he nods his head, slipping his bottle of vodka into his coat pocket as he heads over towards the back of the jeep and pops it to pick up his heavy bag.

Nothing out of the ordinary yet. Mostly just a normal Saturday night bar crawl crowd. You are on the sidewalk outside of the various store and business fronts. If you have underworld contacts, they could possibly be in the area. This is one of those neighborhoods that blends the college crowd with the less savory elements of society.

"I believe that we may be looking for their next target. In addition to them. With the activity considered," Risa says quietly to the other two Orderites. She stops to peer into some of the store windows nearby, as the hour is late for businesses to be open. Several further steps are taken away, and she readjusts the long suede jacket that she wears. "A walkabout, maybe?" she wonders to her companions.

South Boston- Alleyways: "Yeah... this doesn't look good," Desari murmurs to herself. She takes a moment to flick her fingers through the visible mail, looking for anything important there, though she doesn't really linger too long. Instead, she turns quietly, studying the lock on the crappy door for a moment too. Quietly, she pulls out her tools and after assessing what she's actually up again, works to pop the lock open.

Looking for a familiar face amongst the people coming and going at this time of night, Veronica tries to establish contact with one of her connections in the Boston area, drawing them aside and trying to gain a bit more additional information.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she has a low level friend in the criminal underground.(2)

South Boston- Alleyways: The mail is all to either Hank Bachus or "Current Resident." Coupons, overdue bill notices, stuff from the AARP...nothing telling. You go to pop the lock and discover that the door has actually been forced open, then later closed to disguise that fact. You can literally push the door open with no problems.

"Da." Mikhail tells Veronica as he trudges forwards, slipping the strap of his bag over his shoulder, "I will follow your command, my friend." he tells her as his eyes slowly move around the incoming flow of people.

Veronica pulls aside a guy who she apparently recognizes, engaging him in a conversation.

You tell Veronica 'Feel free to emote. Throw in whatever details and I'll play off you. '

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari thinks; 'Oh. This is not good at all... Not good...'

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari feels a sudden surge of worry, though she's still determined to scout the place properly.

While Veronica chats with her 'friend', Risa draws in nearer to Mikhail in order to speak to him on a quieter level, "We may be encountering other factions here. My investigators have run into the Hand also exploring this issue." It's said by way of warning to the Russian, as she keeps near to him. "Unless they are hostile, or a danger to others, we will not be engaging."

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari gingerly pushes the door open, cautious enough to hopefully avoid any squeaking hinges, whether or not such things are any real concern right now. She slides inside, not bothering to turn on any lights. Just inside the door, she lets her eyes adjust, night vision reshaping her pupils in their feline fashion as she studies the interior of the apartment.

Having drawn someone to the side, Veronica gives a brief glance to Risa and Mikhail, before she starts to talk in low tones to the man. "Hey-- Don't spose you know anythin' bout people disappearin' round here? From a van?" She prompts, noticably altering her manner of speaking as she talks to him.

The contact squirms uncomfortably. "Yeah," he mutters. "White van, takin' people. Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, places like that." He glances around. "Don't know who it is, but I think you ain't the only one askin' around. No cops, though. Cops don't seem to give a fuck."

Mikhail's hand moves over towards Risa as he nods his head towards the Asian woman, giving her a soft smile, "I will be on best behavior." he promises with a grin

South Boston- Alleyways: You enter a ratty living room that wouldn't be out of place on that reality show about hoarders. Stacks of newspapers and magazines tower to either side of you. A small, out of date television sits on a milk crate across from a worn out sofa that has stains better left uncontemplated. A narrow path winds between the stacks of newspapers back into the unit. There is a watery, salty stench pervading the area.

"I know," Risa doesn't seem surprised by Mikhail's agreement to her words. She takes a subtle step back, looking over to Veronica and then once more to the Russian. "I will need you to take care of me, if I must spirit walk," she continues quietly to the man. "But I am armed in my body."

"They never do give a shit bout tha kinda people yeah?" Veronica says, sweeping her hood back from her brow and exposing more of her features in the dim flickering light of the street lamp. "Seen 'em recently? Know iffin they're movin' in on anyone tonight? An' who they're kinda goin' for?"

Mikhail's hand moves into his jacket as he pulls out his pack of cigarettes, slipping one in his mouth, "It is a good night." he offers towards Risa as he pats down his pockets to produce a lighter.

You tell Veronica 'Is this contact aware, or no?'

Veronica tells you 'Yes, I would think so. '

"...It is warmer," Risa decides as she looks back at the streets, watching the passersby with a calm expression. Her hands reach up to draw her coat more closely around her slender frame, and she soon casts one eye onto Veronica. But she's giving the Swann time with her contact, instead of being too watchful there. "I am glad for that."

"Your kinda people," Veronica's contact replies."An' I think they all the kinda people that got more than one skin, more than one face." He grins nervously. "Think they been hittin' a couple bars regularly. Drinkin' Fountain..." He pauses, thinking. "Lucky's Lounge, an' Pineapples. I think they also hittin' alleys."

South Boston- Alleyways: Wrinkling her nose, Desari prowls on, walking through the mess of the living room The smell soon causes her to lift the corner of her jacket, hoping to avoid what she's starting to become extremely suspicious of. Pulling out her phone, she sends off a quick text to Lee, informing him, "Prob. ID fraud. Guy's gotta be dead. 1 more room, then coming back.'"

South Boston- Alleyways: In what passes for a kitchen, you find a corpse. It's a man, decomposing, a pool of liquid formed around his stiff body. His head seems to have suffered a pretty massive blunt trauma. Blood mars his white undershirt, dried and nearly black now. As you near, you can see that an hourglass pattern has been carved into his chest...

"Than's mate. Which of those bars is closest to 'ere? Think you can put out word to get to 'em that one of the kind they're after will be there?" Veronica asks of her contact, and she pulls a fifty out of her pocket, offering it out to the man.

The contact snatches up the fifty. "Pineapple's," he suggests. "They's there a coupla nights ago. Someone else there, too, not sure who she was."

Veronica drops some money.

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari thinks; 'You poor, damned motherfucker. What were you?'

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari feels disgust and a building urge to gag -- if not outright vomit.

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari looks down at the dead man, her features strained and sad. The hourglass itself seems to make up her mind for her. Dialing a number, she calls in to Temple requesting a clean-up team at the location. Then, rather quickly now, she turns to leave the building.

You throw a pile of of 50 dollars away.

"Thinking we can hit Pineapple, no secret that I'm a shifter. If they want one, then I'd be quite the prize. Might be enough to lure them out." Veronica says, keeping her tone low, so as to not carry beyond Risa and Mikhail. After the words said to them and the note handed over, she nods to the contact. "Anything of note about her? Was she.. wearing any symbols? Say a fist?"

Having gone quiet for now, save for occasional chatting with Mikhail who she keeps near, Risa looks back at Veronica and her contact.

Mikhail nods his head as he takes a drag from his cigarette, "Da, it might work."

"Nah, she wasn't wearin' no symbol," the contact replies. "Had a guy wit' her. Looked like bikers. Went in the front door, never came back out."

You are now running the room.

"Thanks. Tha's been a great help." Veronica says, stepping back from the contact and making her way back over to Mikhail and Risa. "Hear much of that?" She prompts.

Though you lower your voices, it seems partially unnecessary. The bar crawl crowd provides plenty noise, and none of them seem particularly interested in your crew, except for the occasional ill-advised catcall to Veronica.

"No. It is rather loud out here... and rowdy," Risa says of the catcalling in Veronica's direction, keeping her jacket pulled tightly around herself. She's watching the people move past with only a little bit of interest lingering - but she does remain particularly watchful about the crowd. "What did you find out, Miss Swann?"

South Boston- Alleyways: You radio in your request. Temple will take care of it. You meet up with Lee, who tilts his head inquisitively.

South Boston- Alleyways: "Stupid Keepers need their asses kicked. Whatever that poor man was, they murdered him horribly and left their mark all over him, then left it for humans to find," Desari says, her tone a low snarl as she rejoins Lee outside. She's tense enough to take a moment and try to hug the panther, visibly relaxing in the embrace (whether he's totally willing or not). "Ready to go see if we can find them?"

South Boston- Alleyways: Lee was never one to refuse physical contact with Desari. He growls softly. "Where we going?" He asks her.

"They're pulling shifters into a white van, both here and in Jamaica Plain. They've been hitting a couple of bars and alley's... Lucky Lounge, Pineapple and Drinking Fountain. The Pineapple is the closest one to here. And there's apparently someone else there, no symbols, biker type gear." Veronica expands for Risa and Mikhail, her gaze briefly sweeping the crowd as the cat call sees the dark skinned woman pulling up her hood again. "Suggested he put out word amongst his people that there'd be a shifter in there tonight. See if we can draw them out."

"My original idea, Miss Swann, was to lure them to you while I am possessing you. If we can find a hotel room and pair up, we should be able to set up the trap quite well," Risa suggests to the Swann, moving nearer to Veronica and lowering her voice a little. She gives a small gesture of a hand, out to the crowd. "That way I can trace back, and we can find you. And them."

South Boston- Alleyways: "Back into Boston. This was just about all we had..." Desari slides a wicked look over at Lee as she retreats from his arms, lips grazing his for a brief moment. "I'm going to call in an alert to the cops though. Claim to be Bachus's daughter. Say someone's been accessing his bank accounts. That ought to put a hitch in their plans in the meantime." She looks up, then sighs. "Back into Boston, then?"

"I will follow orders regardless, Comrade. But a scent is in the air tonight, comrades." Mikhail tells Veronica as he takes a deep drag of his cigarette, as he looks around the area before he gives a little roll of his shoulders, as his lips part a perfect smoke ring escapes his middle aged lips.

"Yeah, think that's probably the best way for us to do this." Veronica agrees with Risa as she cuts a glance over to Mikhail and then back to the other woman. "Want Mikhail with you? Or have him enter the bar seperately and just.. keep an eye out, see what he can see?"

South Boston- Alleyways: Lee tries to deepen the kiss, but it's over too quickly. "Alright," he says. "Where do you want to start?"

South Boston- Alleyways: Desari lifts a hand, gloved though it is, to stroke someone' cheek. "Save that for once we're home safe, with them, yeah?" she says with a low purr, a spark of heat in her eyes. "We can head back to Pineapple's... they know me, though. So wherever we go, if we find them, I don't think we've got much hope for a stealthy approach, this time." She hesitates, looking a bit worried, as she thumbs her knife from her satchel and tucks it into the waistband of her leather pants. "Unless you've got a better plan, babe?"

South Boston- Alleyways: Lee grins. "I'm saving a lot more than that," he says in a low tone, his arm encircling your waist. "And they know me, too. Fuck it. Maybe the time for stealth is passed. You were always better with planning shit than I was."

"...I am uncertain. I am hesitant to have him solely stay with me. I do not believe it should be an issue. Unless I am banished," Risa says as she looks over at Mikhail and Veronica with a small frown on her lips. "But it will be easier for me to find him, if he is there... But I also have a cell phone."

Alchemy goes AFK. (Back in a sec. Moving another PC. Emote to one another. )

South Boston- Alleyways: There's a slow shiver that steals through Desari with that low promise from Lee. "Good," she murmurs, sliding into that embrace once more. "Let's go do this thing, then..." She hugs him again fiercely, before pulling away. "Pineapples?"

South Boston- Pineapple's : You and Lee ride to Roxbury. Parking your bikes, you make the entrance into Pineapple's. The place is just as tacky as you remember, and the crowd seems even thicker tonight, being a Saturday. You don't yet see any familiar faces, good or bad, but the place is packed.

South Boston- Pineapple's This area seems well populated.

  Inside a crumbling brick buidling is a dive bar- or rather, it seems to be a

Gentleman's Club. Lurid neon pink lights run through the place, giving it a slightly 80's feel. The wall is decorated with neon pineapple-shapped light displays. The waitresses scurry between tables, filling pitchers, delivering buckets, and wearing insanely tight yellow shirts with pineapple graphics over their breasts. Various women perform on stage, sliding along poles, grinding in laps, etc. A spiral staircase is in the northeast corner of the bar, roped off with a red velvet rope and a "VIP ONLY" sign... and a rather large bouncer.

It is night, about 39F(3C) degrees, and there are a few thin white clouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Boston- Streets of Roxbury This area seems well populated.

  You are standing in the Roxbury neighborhood in south Boston. The

neighborhood consists of cramped old apartment buildings, dive bars, narrow alleys, and railroad tracks.

While some parts of the neighborhood are starting to see some signs of gentrification, mostly this is just run down Southie.

Franklin Park is nearby.

It is night, about 39F(3C) degrees, and there are a few thin white clouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Mikhail slowly trudges back over towards the back of his jeep as he pops the top of his rear area and he reaches down to rub the ears of his dog, "Be stronk, Comrade Woof-Woof." he tells Terrier that snoozes in the makeshift doggie bed in his car.

		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he has a few, not particularly powerful, minions.(1)

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari laces her fingers with Lee's as they wander into the bar. "This place is really rather amusing," she declares, but then Lee knows her proclivities. She winks at him, pressing nearer as they wander towards a table. Sitting out of sight doesn't seem to be her concern at all, and she's soon lifting a hand to wave to a nearby waitress.

South Boston- Pineapple's This area seems well populated.

  Inside a crumbling brick buidling is a dive bar- or rather, it seems to be a

Gentleman's Club. Lurid neon pink lights run through the place, giving it a slightly 80's feel. The wall is decorated with neon pineapple-shapped light displays. The waitresses scurry between tables, filling pitchers, delivering buckets, and wearing insanely tight yellow shirts with pineapple graphics over their breasts. Various women perform on stage, sliding along poles, grinding in laps, etc. A spiral staircase is in the northeast corner of the bar, roped off with a red velvet rope and a "VIP ONLY" sign... and a rather large bouncer.

It is night, about 39F(3C) degrees, and there are a few thin white clouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: The Champagne Room, chairs near the stage, Tables out on the floor, Booths along the wall

[ ] [ ]

Desari sits amongst the crowd in the tacky bar, with a black-haired, pierced up fellow Risa is standing here. Mikhail is standing here. Veronica is standing here.

room list

Risa moves to ghosting.

Lynch Avenue: Shaun thinks; 'I hope she is alive.'

emote @ris, @ver, and @Mik make their way into the bar. The bouncer outside waived the cover charge,

 probably after checking out the ladies. Once inside, it becomes painfully obvious that this isn't 

just a bar- it's a tacky strip club that seems to think it's located in Florida in the late 1980's. The place is pretty busy on Saturday night, the crowd thick and mostly inebriated. South Boston- Pineapple's : Risa, Veronica, and Mikhail make their way into the bar. The bouncer outside waived the cover charge, probably after checking out the ladies. Once inside, it becomes painfully obvious that this isn't just a bar- it's a tacky strip club that seems to think it's located in Florida in the late 1980's. The place is pretty busy on Saturday night, the crowd thick and mostly inebriated.

South Boston- Pineapple's : At present, Risa is an invisible entity at least to the eyes of most. Veronica probably has the sensation of a wash of cold lingering over her, and the feeling of someone watching. The ghost isn't exactly attempting to be innocuous to the Swann, instead using her as a living vehicle.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Make sure that you are cautious," the voice of Risa whispers into Veronica's ear. "Do not let them do anything too... problematic."

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Well isn't this charming." Mikhail mutters towards Veronica as he takes a sip of his vodka bottle, as he grunts towards her seemingly slightly away of his situation as he tries to keep the woman in his view.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari slides off her jacket, and the pull over beneath, revealing the skimpy tank top and tight leather pants she's wearing. Leaning in, she murmurs something to someone, before lifting her phone to make another phone call. After what appears to be a few minutes on hold, she speaks. "Yes officer, thank you. I wanted to report a stolen vehicle. It's a white Chevy Vegas..." She rattles off the license number and then goes on. "Yes. It belongs to my father, Hank Bachus. He's been out of town, and I stopped by the apartmen this evening to take in the mail and I saw his vehicle's missing. Someone's been using his credit and bank cards too... Yes. Yes of course, I'll hold." She looks over, winking at Lee again, before noticing Veronica amongst the crowd. How can one miss the Swann? She lifts a hand to wave.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Veronica tugs down the front zipper on her jacket, exposing the PSYCHO marked shirt beneath. It's knotted and exposes a good few inches of her midsection above the waistband of her skinny jeans. There's a slow nod to something or another as she moves towards the bar. She's slow about it, taking her time and in doing so, listening and looking around her. It doesn't take her long to pick out Desari there, and she sets her eyes on the woman. She brings her hand up in a wave, and after collecting a drink from the bar, she's making her way over, intending to join her there.

Desari joins Tables out on the floor.

Veronica joins Tables out on the floor.

Mikhail joins Tables out on the floor.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Risa(Privately) "...Miss Morgan is more clever than anticipated," a very familiar voice whispers in your ear, along with a gust of cold as the ghost speaks. "She is tracking the van through the police. I am envious of her contacts."

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari is sitting with a NPC man who has short, spiked black hair and numerous piercings. FYI.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail makes his way over towards Veronica, covering her rear end as he keeps his eyes leveled around her, his expression rather neutral as he settles up beside the tables, his non vodka carrying hand in his pocket.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Mmmmm." Veronica murmurs the almost purr-like sound as she takes to a seat near Desari, legs crossing at her thigh and her guitar case left to rest at the base of her spine. "Hey Des." She says, upnodding the woman, probably picking up on a portion of the conversation. She brings the bottle of beer she holds up in a salute to her.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Of all the random places to meet a bunch of... well you guys," Desari says with a wiggle of her fingers to Mikhail as well as Veronica as they settle. "Didn't think this was much your scene, Ronnie." She grins, though there's definitely a wary look about her, despite being on hold, with the police. Her gaze continually flicks between the main door, the door to the champagne room nearby, and the rear exit to the alley. "How's it going?"

South Boston- Pineapple's : "I used to play gigs around here. Often pop up this way, either to play a game of cards or do the odd gig." Veronica says to Desari, bringing the bottle of beer up to her lips, though she doesn't ever quite actually drink more than a brief sip. "Figurin' we're here for the same thing. A good time, yeah?" She prompts, her gaze sweeping around the place, trying to pick up and listen or see anything out of the ordinary.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she has particularly acute vision.(1)


		Stat Report:Veronica
	she has particularly acute hearing.(1)

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Nyet, bar is good." Mikhail offers towards Desari as he takes a drink from his bottle of vodka as he chuckles.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail's hand extends as he gives Desari a firm handshake in turn, "I am Mikhail. Sword." he offers in a hushed tone as his other hand brings his bottle of vodka to his lips to take an extra swig. You tell Risa 'Her companion appears to have the same Shroud aura is she does. The weasly dude in the corner just has a faint aura. '

South Boston- Pineapple's : Hushed tones aren't necessary in the din of the bar. Nobody is paying any mind to your table with topless waitresses and dances slinking around.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Turning into a curious ghostling, Risa slides out of Veronica and makes her way across the room to a corner booth that's sitting away from the party. She circles around it a few times, watching him speculatively as if waiting for a reaction.

Risa moves to a corner booth.

private Risa The man seems completely oblivious to you- although he seems incredibly anxious about something. His eyes scan the establishment and then wander down to his phone. He occasionally looks up and over at @Des, but she either doesn't notice him or is simply ignoring him.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail nods his head slowly as he starts to look around the area, maybe perhaps checking out the topless waitresses before he shakes his head and lets something out softly in Russian, before he looks at Veronica as if he's awaiting his next order.

private Desari You notice Joey in an out of the way booth, trying to be innocuous. He nervously watches the establishment.

probe mikhail perception Their skill is: 0

South Boston- Pineapple's : After watching the man at the booth for a while, Risa quietly melds into him, her ghostly essence flaring out to wrap around him then seep into the man's physical form.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari rattles off more information into her phone, before saying with a sigh, "Yes officer. Thank you again. I appreciate everything. I'll stop in in the morning to file the official paperwork, I promise." Disconnecting her phone, she leans back into Lee, and slants a smile to the little Order group. (I feel bad ignoring Risa, but no ghosty stat stuff here). "So, you here about the white van and missing people and all too?" she asks, flicking a fingertip towards Joey. "Whether you are or not, that little rat right there? He's their squealer. Can identify supernaturals. So... be alert, since I'm sure you've both hit his radar."

private Risa Weasel-guy gets a text. No name, just a phone number. "Hey Joey. what the fuck is up?" The man nearly drops the phone, holding on tightly. His thumbs hover over the touch screen, but he doesn't text anything back yet.

tell desari Would your spyware allow you to see Joey's texts? You tell Desari 'Would your spyware allow you to see Joey's texts? '

Desari tells you 'If she successfully bugged his phone and he didn't clean it, yes.'

Desari tells you 'That's what it does ICly. Tracks texts and voice conversations.' private desari someone texts Joey: Joey my man what the fuck is up? It's just a number, no name.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "I put out word encouraging them here." Veronica says, keeping her tones low all the same as she speaks to Desari, her head tipping to Mikhail. "Now it's kind of a waiting game. See if they show up and take the bait--" The man, when he is pointed out by Desari is glanced towards as she does a general scan of the crowd. She tips her head to the side, now specifically listening in his direction. "If they take it... "

South Boston- Pineapple's : "They're plucking up shifters. So, me and you. We're the bait." Veronica amends to her words to Desari, her words dropping further in tone, despite the noise of the crowd.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "They know Lee and I all too well." Desari's smile turns wicked as she muses, "Joey and I have had a little chat, a couple of days back. He helps us, we get him out of town to start his life over. He doesn't..." She shrugs a shoulder casually. "I guess we'll see." Her phone buzzes, causing her to pull it out and glance at it, almost casually. She then looks up again, and over to Joey. "Might be just about time we find out what he's chosen..."

South Boston- Pineapple's : Considering she's a ghosty, Risa probably doesn't expect to really be noticed. She's looking over the man's shoulder at the phone, watching it when a text comes through. But nothing is done, as instead she would appear to be waiting intently for the man to answer... Or another text to come through.

private Risa This guy texts back She's here. Think she is alone. He swallows- hard. He hesitates before sending the text, but then does it, sliding down further into his booth. His breathing increases in intensity.

Desari feels irritated and a sense of genuinely confused emotions about the Swann girl. She likes her, but damn she doesn't like her trying to take charge. This is HER sting.

South Boston- Pineapple's : This guy texts back She's here. Think she is alone. He swallows- hard. He hesitates before sending the text, but then does it, sliding down further into his booth. His breathing increases in intensity.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Nyet. Nyet, Nyet." Mikhail says, as he puts a second cigarette in his mouth as he looks between the two woman, "You know me as the Russian who be stalking your HQ?" he asks her curiously.

Desari says (to Veronica), with a faint purr, 'Joey can't tell a shifter from a vampire. All he can sense is supernaturals and werewolves. So we're all targets.'

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari's companion is quiet, looking over Veronica and Mikhail. After a moment he says "So, these guys aren't..." He makes a distasteful expression. "They aren't suns?"

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari suddenly chokes, her words turning into a sputtered laugh at Mikhail's question. "Seems the only time I see you, is when you're walking around in front of our gates," she declares, amusement sparking in otherwise wary eyes. "No," she then says to Lee, with the sort of sigh that suggests a deeper tension, within. "They're not deluded and mindfucked like me."

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari's companion is wearing no faction symbols of any sort.

Desari thinks; 'Of course, they're far far worse, but Lee's not going to believe that.'

Desari feels dejected and disappointed, mentally preparing for the worst as /that/ comes up yet again.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Lee relaxes visibly at this revelation. "Good," he says. "No offense, Des, but your people make me nervous."

South Boston- Pineapple's : "No need for da nervous, Comrade. Tonight we are brothers." Mikhail offers towards someone with a firm nod of his head as he lights up his next cigarette.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari mutters beneath her breath, "I know."

private desari Lee's phone is blowing up, the vibrations audible to you over the din.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Right on, man," Lee says to Mikhail. "I just want to get my pals back and get these Keeper fucks off my back." He takes a pull from the bottle of beer on the table in front of him. "They get any of your people?"

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari arches an eyebrow at someone, and asks, tone playful despite a hint of tension in her jaw, "Who's the girl trying to explode your phone tonight?" After that, she falls silent, an eye on her phone to catch any texts that may be continuing, and an eye on Joey over in the corner.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari arches an eyebrow at Lee the untargetable, and asks, tone playful despite a hint of tension in her jaw, "Who's the girl trying to explode your phone tonight?" After that, she falls silent, an eye on her phone to catch any texts that may be continuing, and an eye on Joey over in the corner.

private risa Weasel guy gets a reply text. 'Good work Joey. Now you just need to give my my fuckin money and you might not have to go to the hospital again this week.'

Risa feels a burning surge of anger at the last message.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "I do not believe. My family is in moscow." Mikhail tells Lee, as he shifts his attention towards Desari as he watches the club still, leaning against the table now.

private Risa Forgot to mention- This guy has been beaten to hell. He has two black eyes, a swollen

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Nah, not one of them lot." Veronica says, pressing one of hands into her pocket, she retrieves a phone and draws it out to thumb through and check messages. Eventually her eyes rise and scan around the room again, checking and searching the faces there.

Risa thinks; 'So they are using this one to find targets... and beating him when he does not comply?'

Risa thinks; 'A sad, weak state... but maybe fixable.'

private Desari Joey sent a text "Think she's alone." He receives a reply "Good work Joey.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "If Joey's here, they're here or they're coming," Desari murmurs softly. "I think the best way to handle this, if we want to get it going, is for someone to play bait while the rest of us wait for them. She glances between the other three, saying, "I know the alley, where they pick their targets up. They aren't going to come to us while we're in a group. Ronnie, Lee... if you two slip out together, I can sneak around the back. We'll meet up there and... I bet they send one of their whores to chat Mikhail up. We can meet them out back when she lures the poor guy out.""

Desari says, with a faint purr, 'I'll head to the bathroom, you two sneak out like you're going to hook up behind my back. Unless someone has a better plan...?'

Desari feels irritated, just waiting for Order to take over, at this point. Though, to be totally honest, she's not sure her plan's going to work either. It's a risk.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail nods his head slowly as he grunts, "A sound plan, comrade." he tells Desari before he looks over at Veronica, "Comrade Lead, I follow my orders regardless, he offers as his hand moves to rub his back."

private risa The man holds his phone tightly. He doesn't receive any texts for the time being. His gaze rotates between the table where @des is, the front door, and the back door.

South Boston- Pineapple's : The man holds his phone tightly. He doesn't receive any texts for the time being. His gaze rotates between the table where Desari is, the front door, and the back door.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "That is similar to what we were intending to do." Veronica agrees with a nod, keeping her tone low and looking across to Mikhail.

South Boston- Pineapple's : After watching the man's phone for a while, the ghostly woman slips out of him and makes her way back to the group of supernaturals. Risa soon merges once more into the body of Veronica, giving the Swann a sharp chill down her back, before whispering in her ear, "They have set their sights on Miss Morgan. The man in the corner has informed them that she is here. They are preparing."

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari pulls a handful of small, white oblong containers from her satchel. "They use a drug called etorphine to knock out their captives," she says softly. Handing one to each Mikhail, Veronica, and Lee, she says, "Keep it on you. It's automatic. Just jab it into someone's thigh if they get hit by a dart. It won't put them back to full strength, but it's better than being down for the count, right? It works too fast to use on yourself, sadly. So. Here's hoping we /are/ working as a team, tonight."

Desari gets a single use autoinjector from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Desari gives a single use autoinjector to Veronica.

Desari gets a single use autoinjector from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Desari gives a single use autoinjector to Mikhail.

Desari gets a single use autoinjector from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Desari gets a single use autoinjector and slips it into her dark sweater jacket pocket.

Desari gives you a single use autoinjector.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Veronica hesitates a moment and then speaks lowly as she settles down in her seat, taking the injector as they're handed out to them and tucking it within the side pocket of her jacket. "They're targeting Desari. They are preparing now."

South Boston- Pineapple's : Lee types out a message on his phone, looking agitated.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail just peers at the autoinjector as he looks over at Desari, "If... you are sure about this, my friend." he offers with a small roll of his shoulders as he slides it into his bag.

private desari Thought I privated you. Joey told the number you were here and alone. They texted back good job and then threatened him over money again.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Thought I privated you. Joey told the number you were here and alone. They texted back good job and then threatened him over money again.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari (Privately) Didn't see those. No worries though.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Right then," Desari says without a flinch. "Front door and around the block, you'll find the alley. Back door's right there," she adds with a little jut of her chin. "And I /think/ there's a window from the bathroom. If you stay together, don't be obvious. If you're going to split up, be careful. If I'm the bait, I'll stay here." She winks, holding out a hand to Mikhail. "Share the liquid courage, yeah?"

Desari says (to Mikhail), with a faint purr, 'I'm not sure. But that's the best I could get, and it's certainly better than nothing. It's what they use in the ER for overdoses... and I got 'em from a doctor. So. Here's hoping.'

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail nods his head as he grins over at Veronica as he nods his head before he looks over at Desari, "As you American's say, my new friend. This country was not built on fear, but with courage." he tells her as he waits for the other woman to make her move.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "I am going to swap to Desari," Risa tells Veronica, before the Swann probably feels the cold air disipate from around her. Instead the Japanese faeborn shifts across the room, and melds herself into Desari's body. Spreading the love and the cold.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Veronica pushes herself up to her feet and reaches into her bag. She hauls out a couple of joints and makes a point of showing them to Mikhail and tipping her head over towards the backdoor leading out onto the alley. There's another nod, though it's unclear a bit who or what to as she offers the hand not holding the joint out to Mikhail. "Join me?"

Veronica gets a thick, paper-rolled joint from leather, crossbody bag.

Veronica gets a thick, paper-rolled joint from leather, crossbody bag.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari winks again, and reaches over to steal Lee's beer instead. Kissing him on the corner of his mouth, she whispers a soft, "Kick ass for me huh?" before leaning back to take a hearty swallow." She shivers, drawing her sweater back on as she sighs and murmurs an amused, "Who said I'm scared? I just wanted to see if you'd give up your bottle.""

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail's head tilts to the side as he grins at Veronica as he trudges along after her, a little more perk in his step.

Mikhail feels like you could be bashing peoples skulls in right now.

Desari thinks; 'Jerk. Stupid drunk jackass jerk.'

Veronica leaves her place.

Mikhail leaves his place.

Risa leaves her place.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari calls after Lee, "Don't think I didn't realize you didn't answer me!" However, it seems to be fairly playful, as she lounges back, kicking up her feet on Lee's now abandoned chair, and swallowing another mouthful of his beer.

Desari feels a faint flicker of aggravation, despite knowing full well this thing with Lee won't be going anywhere real, this time around.

Desari thinks; 'Whatever. Those three better actually pull through for me.'

South Boston- Pineapple's : Given there's none to stop them, Veronica proceeds with Mikhail and Lee outside and sets up at a lean against the alley wall. She makes a point of drawing out a lighter and offers one of the joints out to someone

Veronica moves to in an alley outside.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail is likely smoking his third cigarette by now, as he looks down the alley and gives a little roll of his shoulders.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Veronica, Lee, and Mikhail are outsie in the alley. It's a pretty nice night. Nobody else seems to be out here. for the time being. The alley floor is littered with cigarette buts, broken beer bottles, and other unsavory items.

private veronica Your keen hearing picks up crunching footprints, approaching fairly quickly...one set from the south end of the alley that opens into the street, and the nearby growl of an engine to the north. Lee seems to perk up, obviously possessing some keen senses of his own.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari lifts a hand from where it's draped on the back of her chair. Idly, she waves at Joey, before tilting the beer bottle to her lips, once more. She doesn't /appear/ to be at all nervous. I have no idea how much a spirit possessing someone can pick up though, so if I need to tell Risa anything, just private me?

Really, Risa is most likely to just pick up what Desari does. Unless she writes a text or something. Assume that she can see through the other woman's eyes, and feel through her body. But not necessarily much else.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari lifts a hand from where it's draped on the back of her chair. Idly, she waves at Joey, before tilting the beer bottle to her lips, once more. She doesn't /appear/ to be at all nervous. I have no idea how much a spirit possessing someone can pick up though, so if I need to tell Risa anything, just private me?

South Boston- Pineapple's : Meanwhile, inside the bar, Desari is sitting alone. (Although with an unseen hitchiker floating within her.) The weasly man either doesn't notice her wave or pretends not to notice her wave, suddenly very interested in something on the surface of the table at his booth. Suddenly, a man emerges from the crowd, moving pointedly towards the table. He has longish, red hair and quite a bit of facial hair. He wears a leather jacket with a fur lined collar. He brazenly sits down across from Desari, or at least moves too unless something stops him.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Veronica gives Mikhail a nudge with her elbow, her eyes darting to the North end of the alley and the South. "Incoming..." she whispers softly as she shivers, and makes a show of pulling up the zip of her jacket.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Really, Risa is most likely to just pick up what Desari does. Unless she writes a text or something. Assume that she can see through the other woman's eyes, and feel through her body. But not necessarily much else.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail grins over at Veronica, as his hand moves to her jacket as he slowly nudges her to the side of a dumpster perhaps for cover as he lingers close, his hand moving to grip the hilt of his blade concealed with the bag, "Where?" he murmurs into her ear, making a show of being the horny man and lingering near her neck.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Can Desari determine what sort of fur that is, just by looking? She slants a flirtatious smile at the incoming man and muses lightly, "Hey hon. Not usually a lot of company for those of us not taking our clothes off for cash but hey. I'm not going to argue." She leans forward, blue eyes drifting over the man, as she asks, "Here to offer me a drink? That's nice of you. I prefer whiskey, but vodka will do in a pinch."

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari tries to bite back a snicker. She really does.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "On foot.. south end. Car.. maybe van, north end." Veronica's lips find the side of Mikhail's neck, dragging teeth against skin as she whispers the few quiet words near his ear, making a point of giggling in a drunken manner at what ever thing he said to her and leaning in against him.

South Boston- Pineapple's : The chair gets kicked out and the man sprawls, drawing some laughter from nearby patrons. He glowers, rising to his feet, and leans forward, planting one hand on Desari's table. The other reaches into a pocket, producing a cell phone.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail nods his head as he grins over at Veronica, "I got your back." he tells her as he gets his blade out of his bag keeping it concealed for right now.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Sit down," Desari hisses, eyes narrowing on her uninvited guest... who's technically now invited. With her feet draped over Lee's abandoned chair, she's clearly not the one to have unseated him. "You want to chat, feel free. But I don't intimidate easily. So either sit, or shoo."

private Veronica The footfalls stop and you hear whispered conversation, someone commanding everyone else to get into position. You'd guess three, maybe four? The engine idles to the north.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Okay- bear in mind, the inside of the club is heavily populated- only presently affects Desari and Risa.

Mikhail gets a Shashka from duffel bag.

afk Created a separate alley room but this way e'erbody gets karma/exp Alchemy goes AFK. (Created a separate alley room but this way e'erbody gets karma/exp)

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Three.. maybe four.. coming. They're getting into position." Veronica says in low tones to Mikhail, turning around some, and curling in against his side, offering additional cover to the weapon he draws out. Her own hand withdraws from her jacket with a set of knuckledusters on. "Car is still to the north."

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail lets out a small chuckle as his lips slowly brush against Veronica's neck as he whispers to her in turn, "Pick one, just make sure we keep our backs from sneaky peakies coming from our rear." he tells her with a firm nod of his head.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Inside the club, the man holds up the phone. On it is the photo of a woman who is blindfolded with duct tape over her mouth. He holds it out for Desari to see, then pockets it. "You come outside with me," he says, "Or she loses a finger every ten minutes. Pliers." He grins, utterly cold and humorless. "Try to call for help, she loses a lot more than that."

private desari It's Jean. The photo he has is Jean.

'

private Risa You've never seen this chick before.

Risa feels the urge to kill this man.

Risa thinks; '...I could possibly get to her. But I don't know where she is. Information to set away, for when we have an actual plan of action.'

Mikhail feels like your getting too old for this.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "I got your back too. Four is easy." Veronica murmurs quietly, nudging her brow in against the side of Mikhail's head. She keeps a close ear out to the south and anyone closing in on them from that direction.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Out in the alley, tension is palpable. Lee looks nervously to the left and right. "The fuck are they waiting for?" He whispers. "They waiting for Des?"

South Boston- Pineapple's : Mikhail nods his head as he starts to guide Veronica out of towards the direction of incoming, attempting to use they meshed together forms to hide the intention as his eyes give a couple half looks towards the alleyway, "Keep ready." he offers towards Lee, as he leans his head against Veronica's neck, only going for the appearances.

Mikhail thinks; 'Fucking hell. I am not exactly top stallion anymore.'

South Boston- Pineapple's : "And how do I know she hasn't already?" Desari asks, an eyebrow arching slowly upward. "It's pretty damn easy to show a picture." Still, she lowers her hands to the table, one still curled around a bottle, the other subtly pushing a button on her cheap little phone as she pockets the device that's been sitting there to monitor Joey's chatting. Assuming she's not stopped, it's going to simply send a string of random digits to someone, caused by the single press of a finger on her keypad.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she has incredibly quick reflexes.(2)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she can blend into any background and move completely silently.(5)

South Boston- Pineapple's : "I think so. They'll haul her out and probably jump her here." Veronica whispers quietly to Lee as she briefly glances towards the door. "They've closed off both ends." She says, keeping her tones low and moving with Mikhail as he takes a couple of steps northwards.

South Boston- Pineapple's : And Desari's someone was Lee. He's a pain, I keep targetting him.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Lee crouches low, back against he alley wall. He seems to be watching the northern end of the alley, where Veronica has heard the distant but unmistakable sound of an idling engine. Veronica and Mikhail begin moving south toward...whoever.

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Carefully, Miss Morgan," the asian-accented voice of Risa whispers into the woman's ear, even though the Japanese woman herself is nowhere to be found. But Desari might possibly recognize the voice from a few encounters; or from reports.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she has particularly acute hearing.(1)

		Stat Report:Desari
	she is extremely supernaturally perceptive.(5)

South Boston- Pineapple's : "Guess we could always call her," the red-haired man muses. "Maybe you'd like to hear the first one come off." He pulls the phone out again. "You know, when you take a finger off with pliers, you'd expect there to be a crunch, you know?" He keeps his tone neutral, almost genial. "You hear a kind of a pop, but the sound you really hear is this tearing. Sounds like tearing a big sheet of paper." He runs his thumb across the screen, looking up at Desari.

South Boston- Pineapple's : Desari has spoken with and been around Risa enough, I think.

Mikhail nods his head as he starts to pick up momentum with Veronica, as his gaze seems to be trying to level with the incoming still he's playing off what they are for now.

Risa feels a strong desire to harm this man. Direly..

"Did I say I wasn't coming?" Desari asks. She's fully on her feet now, and save for the slightest narrowing at the edges of her eyes, she remains fairly calm. Her head tilts, and she beckons with her beer bottle to the alleyway door. "Out there, I assume? Should I feel flattered they've gone to all this trouble to make sure I cooperate?"

As they near the group of incoming people, Veronica hauls that joint out and holds it aloft between first and second fingers of her left hand, asking of them, "Got a light?" She asks, making a show of putting on her most winsome smile to the nearest. She may wobble a bit in a pantomine of drunkeness at Mikhail's side.

There are four men, all wearing heavy coats. Two of them crouch behind garbage cans with rifles. One of them, a rather burly man, is walking slightly behind another thinner man with a rifle. They chuckle at Veronica's apparent inebriation. "Shit, not her," one of the men growls. "Tranq 'em anyway," says the burly guy. His face is obscured by a black balaclava, his hand is inside his coat. Down the alley, you hear an engine rev. (Even Mikhail hears it.)

Inside the club, the man gestures. "After you," he says politely, indicating the back door.

"I should show you something," Desari adds, lifting her hand to show the man threatening her the ring on her finger, and the bold Templar symbol atop it. She heads off towards the door as she talks, and then reaches out to link the arm that's not holding her beer with his. "I know your big boss. Good old Jaspar. Seen his handiwork. Worked with him a time or two to take out some abominations. You sure this is the route you want to go?"

One of Veronica's hands tightens around Mikhail briefly, fingers pressing against his side and there's a few murmured words beneath her breath. Her brown eyes lighten in tone, and become more golden within the dim light of the alley. (Lucky Mikhail is now blessed with good luck and stuff).

Desari thinks; 'Not that bloody fucking Jaspar is going to turn down a chance to kill a supernatural,Templar or not, if he can avoid it being traced back to him. Stall, stall. Use him as a shield against whatever's waiting out there. Easy. Calm...'

Desari feels anything but calm. It's a strain to keep it from showing on her features.

Mikhail's brow raises as he looks over at Veronica as he nods his head, as his gaze settles on the fore men, he keeps his body low as he zig zags, moving as his full speed, if not capped after hitting it he leaps over the dumpster as he brings his blade down attempting to impale one of the men with a surge of violence.

Mikhail wields his Shashka.

		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he can run faster than the fastest sprinters in the world or 24 MPH.(3)


		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he can make enormous, supernatural leaps.(2)


		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he is extremely skilled with large bladed weapons.

The moment the order is given, Veronica releases her hold on Mikhail, pretense of drunkeness all gone as she dashes forward swiftly, knuckledusters worn on her right hand, though clasped within her palm is the tranqualiser that Desari handed over to her moments ago. While Mikhail goes for one, Veronica goes for the other one not tucked behind the garbage cans. She attempts to bring the end of the needle in on the side of his neck.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she can run obviously faster than any human or 30 MPH.(4)


		Stat Report:Veronica
	she has incredibly quick reflexes.(2)

Mikhail thinks; 'Fucking finally. '

Inside club, the man smirks. "Jasper Thrower isn't my boss," he says. He tugs his collar down to reveal a small tattoo of a black crosshairs...although you don't immediately recognize it as any commonly known group.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she is an extremely skilled knife fighter.

"Ah, well then. Why're you working with the Keepers?" Desari asks, as they reach the back door. With her hand still around his arm, she slides back, no more than half a step and hopefully very subtly, angling her body to ensure he has to open the door for her, if he doesn't want to make a visible fuss, rather than the other way around.

Alley throw down!

It's extremely subtle and likely unseen, unless the redhaired man is a supernatural himself, but Risa leaves the body of Desari to step to the side and into the man. Her ghostly essence merges with him, and he might feel a brief chill, while the brunette feels a few degrees warmer.

With her reflexes, Ronnie will go first, followed by the balaclava guy tied with Mikhail, followed by the three thugs. With your backs turned, you can't see what, if anything, is going down between Lee and whatever might be coming from the north...though Ronnie might be able to hear it. (bear with me)

Mikhail goes AFK. (Take your time, man. We support you!)

Mikhail is no longer AFK.

private Risa If the guy is aware of you, he certainly doesn't show it.

With blinding speed, Ronnie traverses the distance between herself and one of the uncovered thugs. She lashes out with her fist. (show me striking, strength, martial arts, whatever)

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she is an extremely skilled knife fighter.

		Ability Report:Veronica
	she can cause a surge of adrenaline in their own body.


		Stat Report:Veronica
	she is as strong as a professional athlete.(2)

Of the two that have pressed forward, Veronica goes for the burlier of the two, side stepping the rifle toting man. She uses the spiked, and sharpened knuckle dusters as her weapon, her right hand tightening on them as she swings her right fist up, trying to crash the edged metal into the man's jaw.

Veronica goes AFK. (Yeah, sorry they're short blades. They have spikes on them.)

Veronica slips a scratched Samsung phone with a chipped screen into a pocket. Veronica unsheathes her set of knuckle-dusters, spiked at the ridges.

The man throws his arm up, the spikes crashing into- and cracking- some kind of ballistic armor beneath his coat. He is pushed back a few feet by the aggressive attack. Moments later, Mikhail collides with the other man. (Show me ya moves)

private Veronica Motherfucker isn't going to take another hit like that.

		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he can make enormous, supernatural leaps.(2)

Mikhail's target is impaled, loosing a death cry into the night air as blood sprays forth. The impact drives his corpse into the concrete.

With a sickening slink, Mikhail pulls his blade free and makes his way towards the next target, Mikhail attempts to whirl towards his back and use him as a body shield while he brings his blade against the other mans throat with a flourish, not seemingly to want to waste any of his energy on unnecessary movements.

		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he has faster reflexes than most people.(1)


		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he is stronger than any human.(3)


		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he has Martial arts ability of (5)

The burly guy just took a hell of a hit, but he seems resolute in the face of the Swann woman. The hand in his coat emerges, and two taser darts discharge into her at close range. The other two, who were bypassed, whirl around. One of them levels his rifle and fires a shot at Ronnie, while the other one fires at Mikhail. Due to a combination of reflexes, having an impaled body on his blade, and the luck blessing from Ronnie, the projectile doesn't hit him. At the mid point of the alley, the door to the club opens, likely unnoticed in the melee, and Desari comes out into the alley with the other man. Addressing Des now. Desari emerges into the alley to the sounds of... well, not rifle fire, but rather the "thwip" of tranquilizer darts, the scream of a man with the sound of steel through flesh, and assorted other chaos. Out of the corner of her eye, she catches a panther bounding northward towards a van. The back doors are open and two men are firing projectiles south into the alley.

Desari twists her agile body, using the hand on her 'abductor's' arm to twist him off balance and into a headlock. She takes a moment to observe what's going on, and then hisses. "All of this for me?" in an almost amused sounding voice. "Looks like your friends didn't think I'd bring some of my own." Her movements are swift, the beer bottle rocketing off the side of his head in an effort to drop him right then and there.

private Veronica Damn...suddenly the world seems very...distant, the alley a thousand miles away, the screams of the dying man completely irrelevant. Your sense of touch is slipping. Maybe it's time for a little nap... just a short one?

		Ability Report:Desari
	she can use others as a bodyshield.


		Stat Report:Desari
	she has incredibly quick reflexes.(2)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she is more agile and adroit than any human.(3)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she is about as strong as the average person.(0)

There's no real finesse or art to Veronica's fighting style, it's just out-and-out brawling. She uses those spiked knuckle dusters of hers well, trying to follow through with an uppercut to the man's ribs. The tasers from his gun strike her before she can, and render her unable to follow through, and even her attempts to avoid the tranq dart are compromised. Her long legs start to fold beneath her and she collapses towards the ground.

private desari Ahead in the alley, you hear the sound of something large hitting the ground- hard. Enapay arrives.

Enapay leaves the shroud.

Unseen as ever, the ghost drifts out of the redheaded man that Desari is beating senseless, and Risa approaches where Veronica is laying on the ground now. Her own demeanor is calm rather than hostile, possibly because she isn't in iminent danger. While the others are caught up in the crossfire and fight, she manifests herself partially and reaches into the woman's pocket in order to grab the antidote, and stab her in the thigh with it. Which probably looks really, really odd if anyone's watching the actions of the woman's pocket.

Veronica gives a single use autoinjector to Risa.

Desari turns her head, ears catching the sound of something that draws a feral growl from her. "Fuck," she snarls, twisting about. Her shield is dropped -- she's nowhere near strong enough to haul the deadweight of a man about with her -- and she takes off down the alley, attempting to stay out of the line of sight. As she approaches, she slows, caution overtaking her hurry as she takes in what's going on.

Risa gives a single use autoinjector to Veronica.

Veronica takes her a single use autoinjector.

While odd, everybody around the alley is too busy trying not to be shot or stabbed to notice the ghost pull the antidote injector and use it on Veronica.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she can run incredibly fast or 50 MPH.(5)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she can blend into any background and move completely silently.(5)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she is extremely supernaturally perceptive.(5)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she has particularly acute vision.(1)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she has particularly acute hearing.(1)

private veronica Your eyes refocus. Everything is still kind of fuzzy, but the chemical surges through you, helping to mitigate the effects of the sedative. However, you look up to see someone standing in the alleyway... a newcomer...

tell enapay Take it away You tell Enapay 'Take it away'

Desari feels a sense of panic.

Desari thinks; 'Lee! That goddamned better not have been you.'

There's something very scary about a man dropping from the sky. Scarier, still, when the man lands in the center of the alley right near the burly Keeper with a loud crash. It's an ungraceful landing, Enapay lands on both knees and his hands just keep him from planting his face on the ground, but when he does stand, he's already grabbing the burly keeper by the shoulder and shoving him with strength no supernatural should have out of the way, eyes on Veronica.

Veronica's body jerks as the needle pierces both clothing and skin, the fluid within sent in a rush through her veins. Her head lifts from the ground, and her eyes start to open, lashes blinking rapidly as she looks not at those around her but at something down the end of the alley. She still seems a bit out of it, cringing at the sound of the burly man getting tossed to the side as she struggles to bring a hand to the ground and push herself up right.

The burly Keeper is hurled bodily out of the alley. There are two Keepers remaining, both of whom are utterly surprised by the newcomer. (Which means Mikhail will likely succeed.) Veronica is waking up from the antidote. The ghost hovers silently by her. Desari was running like a blur to the north with her human shield.

Risa feels a sudden surge of dread and absolute terror. Good thing she's probably somewhat accustomed to this feeling.

Perhaps luckily for Veronica, she has a friend who's getting tired at this point, but a friend neverless. Reaching down, Risa grabs hold of Veronica and exerts enough energy from her ghostly state to attempt to drag the woman around and behind a dumpster. Hopefully out of the sight of Enapay to give her enough time to recover.

Risa thinks; '...Not going to be able to keep this up much longer.'

As blood sprays from the new wound Mikhail inflicted on the keepers throat, Mikhail goes into his coat for his second weapon, a crafting blade of all things, with it in his hand he barrels down onto the last keeper as he's distracted, aiming to drive a fatal blow from his back with the smaller blade.

Mikhail slips a LG Optimus F60 into his dark blue jeans pocket. Mikhail unsheathes his folding knife.

Now we'll go again, in order of Fast Reflexes.

Veronica goes AFK. (I figure Ronnie's are hindered for a bit, so happy for her to go last.)

Veronica is no longer AFK.

Desari and Enapay go at the same time, more or less, though Des is headed into the north part of the alley and is kind of in a different fight. After that, Mikhail, then Ronnie, then the two remaining Keepers.

Risa has no fast reflexes, so wherever you want to throw her ghostly butt.

Desari would like to wait to see what she's up against, before emoting, please? :)

private Risa Everyone seems to be moving in fast motion around you. You can, however, preempt the Keepers because they are distracted by the arrival of Enapay.

private Desari Ahead in the alley, you can see a panther curled on its side on the alley floor. A man in a large coat is trying bindings around it's paws. A second man, in the back of a van, is covering the alley with a rifle and is about to open fire on you.

Risa feels like she really, really wishes she'd brought her body along. And her sword.

Risa thinks; '(somewhat freaked out) But we did want to talk to him.'

Desari continues to push forward, letting the feral nature within take charge. As she runs, her body twists and shifts, leaving behind the clothing she'd been wearing before. She hits the ground on four feet instead of two, closing the rest of the distance in a single, powerful leap towards the rifleman.

A tousle-haired brunette with soft blue eyes turns into Desari.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she can run blurringly fast or 70 MPH.(6)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she is incredibly supernaturally agile and adroit.(8)


		Stat Report:Desari
	she can make enormous, supernatural leaps.(2)

Desari is barely visible to the eye as she darts across the north end of the alley, sidestepping the projectile and lunging into the rifleman with such momentum that he is hurled back into the van, losing his grip on his rifle and ending up with a very, very pissed off feral cat on him.

At the same time Desari is moving as fast as she is, Enapay looks around for Veronica. When she disappears, he turns towards Mikhail, ignoring the Keepers in favor of striding towards him. He makes no effort to interrupt his fight, save for lifting his shotgun up and pointing it in their general direction.

Mikhail's eyes go wide as he becomes distracted, at Enapay's weapon raising, he shifts towards the side as he strikes to ram the poor keeper in the direction of the abomination, hoping to use his body to block the incoming bullet spread.

Mikhail lashes out, striking the Keeper with force and interposing the unfortunate thug between himself and the weapon leveled by Enapay.

Dragged behind the dumpster, Veronica spends her time trying to focus, her left hand tightening into a fist at her side. Her breathing is quicker than usual and she glances around her, taking in her surroundings. Still, her eyes don't focus quite as easily as they did pre-tranq and it takes a few seconds to find Enapay approaching Mikhail. Like Desari, she too starts to shift, taking on her feline form and announcing it with not a roar, because Cheetah's can't, but instead a howl. Fur bristling down the center of her back as she starts to stalk forward.

Risa, then the remaining Keepers.

A mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes turns into Veronica.

Mikhail thinks; 'Well at least this is a keeper.'

Since Veronica is now awake and better prepared for battle, with her blood pumping once more, Risa circles around from where she'd quickly hid the Swann. Once she's done so she breaks into a sprint, takes an abrupt tumble forward, and attempts to meld her ghostly self into someone while he's not paying attention to her.

Since Veronica is now awake and better prepared for battle, with her blood pumping once more, Risa circles around from where she'd quickly hid the Swann. Once she's done so she breaks into a sprint, takes an abrupt tumble forward, and attempts to meld her ghostly self into Enapay while he's not paying attention to her.

The ghost slips into the abomination, who may feel a slight chill...

Inside the van, the Keeper pulls a rather large and nasty knife, plunging it upwards into the cat. The second Keeper, caught between Enapay and Mikhail, goes for something in his coat. The final Keeper, still uninjured, levels his rifle at Enapay and fires a shot, the dart making a "thwip" sound as it buzzes through the air. (Will private all effects or non-effects)

private desari The knife bites into your flesh, but it can't penetrate your supernaturally tough muscle. You take the equivalent of 56 damage.

Desari snarls as the knife slashes home, the soft white fur of her belly quickly staining red. She lashes out, claws ripping angrily at the knife-wielding hand. She's not playing around any more. Where her human self may hesitate to kill, the injured, fairly-well cornered cat does not. She lunges in, fangs snapping at the man's throat.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she is extremely skilled at fighting with tooth and claw.


		Ability Report:Desari
	she can cause a surge of adrenaline in their own body.

private desari You shred his armor for 91 damage after all factors are considered. He's not going to fend off another hit like that.

Enapay doesn't give the second Keeper much leeway. He's extremely perceptive, despite missing Veronica when Risa hid her, and after sidestepping the dart he attempts to just blow half the grenade wielding Keeper's skull off with his shotgun.

With that Keeper already injured by Mikhail's slashing attack, this is easily done. Chunks of bone, blood, and brain matter shower outward, covering Mikhail and his corpse shield with viscera. The boom of the shotgun in the alleyway likely deafens everyone in the immediate area, especially those with ultra-sensitive hearing.

Mikhail, Veronica, Risa, Keepers.

With a shift in his movement, Mikhail moves behind the dumpster he had first jumped over, his gaze moving towards the corner where Veronica is, concern covering his features as he wipes the sweat from his brow as he attempts to shake himself free from the effect of the blast.

private Mikhail After taking a second to compose yourself, you manage to recover your wits. There's a savage ringing in your ears, but you've had worse.

Veronica She might brag that she's the fastest in Haven and in this form, it is easy to see she can more than back that claim up. When she darts forward, she's little more than a blur of tan and black, picking up a burst of speed quicker than a Ferrari. It is the keeper caught between Mikhail and Enapay that she leaps for just as the shotgun blows off, leaving her paws standing in a bloody mess. Spinning around, she brings familiar eyes to Enapay.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she can run blurringly fast or 150 MPH.(10)

Even semi-drugged, Veronica is a blur. She shoves aside the mangled Keeper and finds herself face to face with Enapay.

Sadly for her, Risa presently has neither her body nor her blade. What she does have is a nice new black-eyed meatsuit. Instead of acting, she waits to see if the proper owner of said meatsuit decides to do anything she wishes to stop.

In the van, the Keeper attempts to stab Desari before she shreds his armor and rips into his body. The next Keeper finishes binding the panther and goes for something in his coat. The final Keeper in the southern end of the alley throws his rifle aside and sprints for Enapay, a huge knife emerging from his coat. He slashes at the bigger man, heedless of the danger he is placing himself in.

private enapay The attack would do the equivalent of 22 damage after your defenses...a pittance to your supernatural toughness.

Desari does her best to twist aside from yet another slash of the knife. Still bleeding from the first, she adds to the bloodbath on the other side of the alley by catching her attacker's throat between her teeth, and in proper cat fashion, shaking viciously. Dropping the (hopefully) dead man, she whirls around to find the hobbled panther and the man with him, with those keen eyes. (Is she deafened all the way down here?)

afk Acute hearing and supernatural perception- yes, your head throbs Alchemy goes AFK. (Acute hearing and supernatural perception- yes, your head throbs)

private desari You murder the Keeper. The taste of blood fills your mouth. For a moment, Desari Morgan drops away and you are a predator entirely. . Enapay is up.

Desari feels an intense thrill and that irresistible urge for more...

The knife slashes neatly into Enapay's neck. This causes the abomination to halt in whatever he was about to do with Veronica, and he goes to smash his forehead into that of the Keeper's, the air around his forehead rippling with the supernatural brutality known to be used by abominations.

Risa thinks; '...I wonder if he's been feeding? Unfortunately if he has virgin blood... That could be terrible to me. It might be better to wait and watch. Unless Ronnie is in trouble.'

The Keeper is driven into the concrete, his head buckling in with a sound like breaking eggs.

There is likely no reason for it, but Enapay slings his shotgun over his back as the Keeper drops and already grabs for his body to brutalize it further, attempting to lift him bodily and very literally start to slowly but surely pull him apart.

Mikhail controls his breathing for a few moments as he lowers his head, as his mind reels into the line of the negative before her shakes it away, "God damn, Abramov, you were once seeker." he mutters to himself in Russian before he whirls around the dumpster with both of his blades in his hands as he faces up alongside Veronica.

Mikhail thinks; 'I am only fraction of what I once was.'

Mikhail thinks; 'I must try.'

Risa feels somewhat morbidly fascinated. She has no attachment to the Keepers, and they were just threatening to start cutting off a woman's fingers. Plus the guy's already dead...

Mikhail feels like you know your fucked.

Enapay feels like a healthy pick me up of fear is always good

private enapay You feel the rush of fear coming from the man facing you. You also feel it coming from somewhere else, someone unseen?

Risa thinks; 'I should probably tell them to check for my body'

Risa thinks; '...But that would interrupt the mission. This is a great opportunity, though.'

Risa and Veronica can act.

Risa thinks; 'A minion that doesn't know I'm here.'

While the abomination is distracted systematically dismembering the hapless Keeper, Risa slips out of Enapay and over to Mikhail in order to whisper something into the man's ear.

Risa whispers mikhail I will need you to check my body. I am going to try to ride him back. '

Veronica sweeps her gaze towards the opposite end of the alley where Desari is dealing with Keepers and the bound panther. Momentarily divided on where to go. In the end, she takes on a defensive pose along side of Mikhail, feline eyes narrowing upon Enapay as he tears the Keeper limb from limb. The effects of the drug still linger in her system and cloud her senses, ears flattened back still post-explosion as she fixes her attention on Enapay.

Risa thinks; '...But if I'm going to do this, I also need to be ready to flee.'

At the southern end of the alley, the last Keeper simply pulls a handgun from his coat and unloads it at Desari. With her insane speed, reflexes and dodging skills, she avoids the barrage with only a superficial graze to her flank.

private Desari 16 damage.

Risa feels apprehensive and honestly, terrified about this whole thing. But she's going to do it anyway. This is almost too good of an opportunity to pass up.

The cycle begins anew. Desari, Enapay, Mikhail, Veronica, Risa, Keeper.

Desari licks at her lips, tongue passing over those curved fangs within her mouth. As the Keeper's blood slicks away from her fur, she peers forward. Though her ears are ringing enough to muffle the sound of gunfire, the sting of bullets against her thick fur sees her crouching low with a vicious, out-of-control snarl. Her muscles coil and tense, and as the sound rips from her throat, she leaps forward again, teeth and claws bared and flashing to rip into his throat and shoulders.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she is extremely skilled at fighting with tooth and claw.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she can make enormous, supernatural leaps.(2)

private Desari His armor will not hold out against another assault like that.

Enapay, Mikhail, Veronica, Risa, Keeper

While Desari is killing Keepers in another part of the alley, Enapay drops the remains of the Keeper he brutalized post-death to focus on Mikhail and Veronica with black, unblinking eyes. He slowly draws his knives from his coat, holding them blade-down, head tilting and mouth revealing large fangs. "You called me," he reminds the beast, but begins to advance on them anyway. "But hey. Killin' you won't make me lose any sleep."

Risa thinks; 'And now he picks a time to come calling?'

Mikhail, Veronica, Risa, Keeper.

Risa thinks; '...Whatever I do, I had better conserve energy to make it useful.'

Risa feels like she's dwindling to her last reserves of ghostly ability.

"Oh...son of a bitch." Mikhail mutters in Russian, as he twirls the blades in his hands, as he starts to charge towards Enapay with his posture in a defensive position right now, likely waiting for Veronica to make a move before he engages properly.

Risa thinks; 'No shroud here... If it comes to a battle, I should be able to get back, pop the lever,and run over here.'

Veronica keeps her golden eyes trained on Enapay, her ears perking up some as he speaks, the black tuffed ends angling and twitching. It takes her a few seconds, but eventually her head dips down in a slow nod to Enapay. She leans in some against Mikhail and then dips her head down, lowering down. Her stance is no longer aggressive, or even defensive, her fur having flattened down her back and a light chuff issued.

While the others are speaking among themselves, the ghost that is Risa shifts from the body of Mikhail and melds back into that of Enapay.

At the end of the alley, the last Keeper is attempting to pistol whip the feral beast on him. The blows don't seem to be affecting it much, and she makes short work of him.

Combat over. You may now switch back to RP.

Enapay says (to Veronica), sardonically telling her, fingers deftly spinning the knives in his hands, 'I don't speak cheetah, Swann. I'm about to dead you to death.'

Desari is far too angry to be stopped now, by things as silly as being bashed in the face. When the Keeper's last breath rasps out, she drops the dead body and leaps over to the bound up panther. Keen eyes search him (using that fae senseweakness here, please) carefully, assessing the state he's in before she turns to walk -- far, far more slowly now that the adrenaline is ebbing out of her system -- back over to her abandoned clothing.

Veronica turns into a mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes.

private Desari Uninjured. Must be tranquilized. Ah, there you see it...the dart.

Mikhail blinks as he's clearly left out of the information club, he keeps his posture up but he looks between Enapay and Risa.

Mikhail thinks; 'They asked him for help?'

Veronica resumes her human form, taking a little longer than usual to draw enough focus to form the shift. Eventually she's left crouched there, one knee raised and the other pressed to the ground, she looks momentarily to Mikhail and then about her, taking stock of the dead keepers and then Desari down the far end. "Stand down, please Enapay. I have no desire to fight you. Unless I have made your list?" She asks, remaining crouched though her eyes remain on Enapay as she talks. "I assume you got word?"

Risa thinks; '...What were we wishing to speak to him for? We wanted a deal. If I remember correctly.'

Desari pauses near her clothing, drawing in a few deep breaths with her eyes firmly shut. As her abilities allow those mild injuries she's sustained to heal and close, (will the SR allow her ears to fix too?) she slowly tilts forward, shifting back into her human form on her knees in the grimy, grubby alley.

Risa thinks; 'To assist him in freeing himself.'

Desari turns into a tousle-haired brunette with soft blue eyes.

Everyone's ears, while ringing slightly, are pretty much okay.

"You stood in front of a Keeper on my list," Enapay reminds Veronica, taking another step forward and crouching down in front of the crouching woman, face close to hers. "I spared you several times that day. Now that you know I'm hyper, you're singing a different tune."

Desari pulls on her pants, and throws the pullover on as she's heading back over to where the unconscious panther is. Foregoing the less pertinent items of clothing for the meantime, she reaches into her satchel for another one of those tranq antidotes. Kneeling beside Lee, she reaches forward, swiftly yanking out the dart and replacing it with the press of the autoinjector against his furred hide.

Desari gets a single use autoinjector from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Desari gives you a single use autoinjector.

An odd sensation is given to Enapay, as an unseen voice whispers in his ear with a sudden flow of cold air. The voice is that of Risa, "We are not after you, Enapay. We wish to help you."

Risa thinks; '...And it may be better to speak to him. Instead of stalk him.'

private desari The panther begins to wake up. So far it seems the Code Black's attention is focused on the Orderites.

Enapay says, on the defensive at the ghost's words, 'Get out. You can't help me.'

"I did apologise for that though." Veronica remains crouched in front of Enapay, one hand pressed into the ground for balance and the other on her raised knee. She doesn't back away, nor does she act aggressively, she is, after all unarmed and pretty much naked. "We might be able to."

"So you give up? Lay yourself down to be a slave?" the voice of Risa in Enapay's ears wonders curiously.

Desari swiftly unfastens the ties that hold the panther in place. "We're safe, Lee, for now," she whispers huskily to him. "They're dead." The human her seems to realize exactly what that means, and some of the color leaves her cheeks. But she shakes her head, pushing that aside for now, just as she seems all but oblivious to what's going on with the Order in this moment. "But," she goes on softly. "They have Jean too. God only knows... he said they'd be ripping a finger off every ten minutes..."

Risa thinks; '...We still have a mission to attend to.'

Desari thinks; 'God. I killed... that's... three. '

Desari feels an intense resolve to just deal with it later. More pressing concerns, now, need her focus. Jean and Lee need her focus.

"He's too clever for you," Enapay says with a shake of his head. "He probably knows this conversation's happening. He probably knows what happens if I even consider letting you help me." He growls, suddenly, an inhuman sound. "You're going to get the people I love hurt. Fuck you!" he snaps. "You don't betray him. You don't."

The night air fills with the sound of sirens. Perhaps the gunshots, screaming, and other sounds of battle drifted out into the streets. Perhaps someone started to come out the back door for a smoke... but in several minutes, the Boston PD is going to arrive...

Risa thinks; '...For some reason the pragmatic approach always serves me best.'

Lee begins to struggle to his feet, reaching for his scattered clothing with a low moan.

Desari whips her head up, looking over at the north end of the alley, suddenly. Is it the sirens, or Enapay's words that draw the focus of her keen senses? Either way, she's soon shaking Lee even more anxiously, to try and get the animal up and on his feet.

For the time being, Risa just goes quiet. It's hard to tell if she's even still there.

"It has been too long." Mikhail mutters, as he slowly slides his larger blade into his scabbard, and he looks towards the still posturing Enapay and Veronica, "For what it is worth, if helping you is possible, I will try." he offers, as he looks around the alley way.

Desari has lost her link.

With that, Mikhail starts to make his way out of the alley, with Enapay not deading them right now and the audible sirens, it isn't a place that Mikhail wants to linger for long.

Veronica reaches out with one hand, but just seconds before it would come into contact with Enapay, the sirens sound and she draws sharply back and to a stand. "We need to get out of here, neither you, nor us will want to be here when the authorities arive. "As Mikhail said, if there is something that can be done. We will. But, I think discussions need to be left to later." And with that, she starts to gather up her clothing, intending to dress."

Veronica gets A pile of a mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes's belongings and straps it onto her back.

Veronica reaches out with one hand, but just seconds before it would come into contact with Enapay, the sirens sound and she draws sharply back and to a stand. "We need to get out of here, neither you, nor us will want to be here when the authorities arive. As Mikhail said, if there is something that can be done. We will. But, I think discussions need to be left to later." And with that, she starts to gather up her clothing, intending to dress. (repost)

Risa thinks; 'The original plan then, which is more dangerous now that I was foolish and said something.'

Veronica gets a long sleeved tartan shirt from leather, crossbody bag.

Enapay grunts, moving to escape by... fire escape to the roof of a nearby building, moving in a hurried fashion so that he isn't followed by the others.

Veronica wears a pair of fitted, black leather pants.

The Order can withdraw to Haven. Desari and the NPC remain in Boston.

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: After you arduous night, you manage to check into a cheapass motel room with Lee and your Hunter captive. You have his phone and you have him handcuffed and gagged. He's very much out of it from the drugs. Even with the antidote, he doesn't have the supernatural toughness that you and Lee do, so it could take him nearly half a day to recover.

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: Joey texts a number- Hyper showed up. Killed everyone. think it killed her too.

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: Desari sighs wearily as she leaves the bound and gagged man cuffed to... something. Maybe the TV stand or something. Walking over to the bed, she barely gets off her boots, before slumping down beside Lee. Exhausted, because she doesn't have the stamina to keep up with the actions she's taken, she barely manages to read the text. Still, a small smile curls her lips at the sight of it.

Desari thinks; 'Good man, Joe. Good man.'

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: Lee sprawls tiredly on the bed. "Fuck my face," he moans. "After we fucking kill these guys and get our pals back, we should just... fuck for a week solid." Classy. He starts slipping off to sleep.

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: Desari laughs softly as she nuzzles in against her semi-conscious sort-of-ex. "Yes," she agrees, and though her voice is soft, there's no denying that Lee's words have sparked something within her. Brushing her lips across his throat, she whispers, "Sleep sweet, Lee," though with him out of it, she's left with those dark thoughts.

End Part 1

Part 2

Story Runner Alchemy is now running the room, those who do not wish to be involved in this RP should leave now.

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel

  This is a pretty basic hotel room. It has a kitschy 50's feel, with lime

green walls and orange bedspread. It doesn't really have anything in the way of furniture, aside from an outdated television set and a nightstand with lamp and telephone. A single window is set in the west wall, but it only provides a few of the crappy old businesses across the street

OOC: This room is in use for an adventure. If you are not part of Blood & Circuses, please don't use this room for the time being.

The nightstand has been smashed to pieces.

Lee is standing here. (VNPC)

It is night, and about 50F(10C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: a bed with hideous orange sheets, shower

[ ] [ ]

Desari looks down at her phone, a soft, impatient growl escaping her. "They'd better be here soon," she mutters over towards Lee. "God, I wish I didn't have to depend on them right now."

Ronnie arrives.

Mikhail arrives.

Ronnie has a phone to her ear as she enters, talking into it, she gives Desari a smile.

Desari is pacing, and occasionally texting, across the front of the room, near the broken nightstand. Her head's down, jaw tense as she walks the floor with all the grace of a caged tiger.

Desari lifts a hand to greet Ronnie with a wave.

Ronnie says, with a husky and soft feminine tone, (phone) 'Yeah I got his take on things. I did some digging on Delores, but wasn't able to pull much.'

Ronnie says, with a husky and soft feminine tone, (phone) 'Thanks, if you find anything out, can you let me know?'

Lee is also in the room, though if he's as tense as Desari, he certainly is restraining it better. The TV's on. God knows what he's watching, but he's watching.

You say (to Ronnie), with a faint purr, 'Is Risa joining us tonight?'

Ronnie says, with a husky and soft feminine tone, (phone) 'I'm in Boston hotel at the moment, having a bit of a tryst with Desari. If you get me anything useful I'll send pics.'

Ronnie holds her hand over the earpiece and draws it away from her ear to nod to Desari, "Yeah, though she said she'd meet us here and would be a bit late."

As Mikhail pulls over to the side of the motel as he reaches over to gently pat his dogs head before he would totally follow Ronnie until she meets up with Desari.

Ronnie says, with a husky and soft feminine tone, (phone) 'I'm sure it will be. And thanks Evan.'

Desari quirks an amused smile at Ronnie. "I don't know who you're talking to, but I'm sure you just gave them quite the mental image," she says, some of her stress ebbing with at least two of the Order team present. She winks at the dark-skinned young woman, then bursts into laughter at the name given. "You're chatting with Swift?"

Ronnie tucks the phone back into her pocket and gives Desari an apologetic look. "Sorry, it's been an eventful couple of days. Enapay is dead, and there's a new abomination on the loose. Though you probably know that." She says by way of explanation, walking with Mikhail into the place and sitting down on the end of the bed. "Yeah. Me and Evan are besties." She teases Desari.

"Da, your besties with old looking man?" Mikhail asks Ronnie sounding a little surprised as he puts an unlit cigarette in his mouth, his hands patting down his duster until it produces a zippo lighter.

"Yeah. Half my team's down," Desari murmurs, before shaking her head at Ronnie. The joke, compounded with the sad admission has her not quite laughing, though she does manage another smile. "Swift's pretty cool. He told me I'm allowed to flirt with him. Can't say as I've had a Commander who'd do that, before." Glancing between Ronnie and Mikhail, she waves over to Lee and asks, "Ready to chat?"

Ronnie fishes around in her pockets and pulls out a bunch of vials and auto injector things. She lets them fall to the bed and picks up two of them, rolling them over in Desari's direction. "Thinking.... these might be useful." Mikhail's words see her grinning all the more. "Mostly we just have an agreement to share information on important shit. Without the red tape."

You say (to Ronnie), with a faint purr, 'More of the Narcan?'

Ronnie nods at you.

Desari looks very relieved. "Fantastic. Clearly we need that stuff far too often as it is," she says with a slow shake of her head. "Okay. Did you fill Mikhail in on everything I told you this morning?" She waves the pair over to the bed, due to the lack of other seating around.

Mikhail nods his head to Desari as he slumps down onto the bed, looking at the woman with a raise of his brow as he produces a mask from his coat and sits it into his lap.

"I snatched it from our med bay. I don't think they'll notice." Ronnie says, but it is the vials of rohypnol she touches fingers too. "I am thinking, we lace a bottle of vodka. And as you say, pass Mikhail off as a Keeper... and have him haul me in as a catch. And share a celebratory drink of Vodka with them.. hopefully drugging a few and cutting down their numbers."

Ronnie says (to Mikhail), with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'But you won't be able to drink the vodka yourself though. You'll have to try to refrain.'

Desari nods. "It's a good plan," she says to Ronnie with a quick nod, slightly snickering at her warning aside. "So Lee and I will go in the side door again. See what we can discover about where they're holding the rest of them..." She pulls the notepad out of the mess of what used to be the nightstand, and the obligatory cheap-ass hotel pen, and begins to sketch a layout of the building. "Might be more. But here's what we managed to see," she says.

"The good thing is, I don't need gear with me to be effective. Just need to shift." Ronnie says, looking over the notepad and the sketch produce. "How do we pass him off as a Keeper? I was hoping to get a werewolf coat but some intern stole it from our store room."

You say (to Ronnie), distractedly while she sketches, 'If you're shifted, he could pass you off as me. They've got me on a wanted list, for some reason. None of them have seen me shifted though... so there'd be nobody to counter his claims. But either way...'

Ronnie nods at you.

Ronnie says, with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'That would work.'

"He needs the broken hourglass tattoo," Desari replies, sketching a rough drawing of it. It's the top half only, sand trickling from it. "The guy who seems to be in charge of all of this had that, and had it circled with 'Time's up, Freaks' but we probably don't want to push /that/ far..."

Risa arrives.

Risa slips a gold-toned iPhone 6 plus into a pocket.

“Oh. I've got it. It's blurry but still..." Desari pulls out her phone, drawing up a very blurry picture of the previously mentioned tattoo. "Something like this, basically. And remember, Keepers are absolutely conditioned never to show fear. At all. "

Mikhail says (to Ronnie), fairly blunty, 'Right now, I am sober.'

"Right, so we draw it on him with permanent marker?" Ronnie says, eyeing up the side of Mikhail's neck and then to the sketch of the hour glass. "Any way we can fake any credentials they might have?"

Ronnie nods at Mikhail.

Mikhail's head tilts to the side as he lets Ronnie do her work.

"Didn't see creds on either of the two I took, and I searched them thoroughly," Desari replies. "Seems someone named Hank Bachus was used by them, so keep the name in mind but..." She shrugs and shakes her head. "If there's a passphrase or something, I do not know it." She looks over at Mikhail, then, and mutters, "Is that a bad thing?"

Ronnie says (to Mikhail), with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'Once I'm done, I'll get you to lace your Vodka with that.'

You say, with a faint purr, 'An unconscious cheetah ought to be enough to get you past the guards anyway.'

Ronnie pulls a black, fine tipped marker out of her bag and with Mikhail's head turned to the side, she starts to draw the hourglass tattoo, frequently checking the page for reference.

Presumably, there is a light knock on the door. Considering Risa is outside, she probably isn't in view.

Desari pushes up from the bed, leaving Ronnie to work on Mikhail, and turns for the door to crack it open. On seeing Risa, she opens it further to let the woman in.

"We're putting roofies in my vodka?" Mikhail asks Ronnie as his brow raises slowly as he accepts the vial.

Ronnie says (to Mikhail), with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'Yes, and after you get in there, you're going to have a celebratory drink with them.. get as many as you can to drink to glorious Russia yeah?'

"Good evening. I apologize for being late. I was... taking a mental health break," Risa says as she steps through the door and into the room, garbed in combat gear that's somewhat innocuous. Or might be in Haven. But that's Haven.

Risa gets a gold-toned iPhone 6 plus from a pocket.

"That....is waste of vodka, but the cause is good." Mikhail admits as ne nods his head before he levels his gaze to Risa, giving her a small smile as he looks cranky and surprisingly sober for a change.

Ronnie lifts her hand up to wave to Risa, before she finishes up the last of the penwork on the tattoo. She tugs at the collar of Mikhail's duster coat, partially obscuring it from sight. "What do you think? Good enough Desari?"

You say (to Mikhail), with a faint purr, 'I'll buy you a drink when we get back, after all this.'

Ronnie says (to you), with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'I'll give you the rest of the drugs. There's angel tears and some street V.'

Desari eyes the tattoo critically, before finally nodding. "It's not like these were all done professionally anyway," she says with an amused grin. "Yeah. It ought to pass. Least long enough to get us inside." She takes the vial, offering a nod to Ronnie in thanks. "Appreciate it. Okay. So Risa. Have you been filled in yet?" asks the girl dressed head-to-toe in pure black.

Mikhail accepts the gear as he nods his head as he slowly raises his collar to hide the sharpie tattoo a little better.

"I have not. I was taking some time away from... being attacked by things," Risa says contemplatively to Desari, after writing off a text. She looks over at the tattoo on Mikhail quizzically, and then says, "That will pass cursory examination." The phone is put away, and then she refocuses on the Templar of the group, slipping the injectors into some pouches on a weapon harness. A little smile is offered to Ronnie and Mikhail.

"Mikhail's going in the front with Ronnie, 'unconscious'," Desari explains, air quotes and all. "You're not quite dressed to go in with them, so you, myself, and Lee, have got the back routes to cover," she goes on, nudging the notepad with the roughly drawn sketch of the warehouse on it. "There's a loading bay, and a side door. How good are you at avoiding detection?"

"Like this?" Risa answers to Desari vaguely. "Fairly horrible."

"Just as a heads up, I've been asked by a friend to let you know of a black haired female keeper with green eyes called Victoria. If we see her, we're not to kill her if we can help it." Ronnie warns checking through the rest of her gear she starts to pull off outter layers. "Guess I won't be needing any of this."

purses her lips. "Well then..." Desari hums softly. "Ronnie says you're a great combatant, and we're going to need that. I had suggested you ghost in and guide the two of them but..." She shakes her head. "I can go ahead and make sure that the way's clear. Knock out a few people if necessary..." She pauses, frowning. "The cages are on the first floor, but there also has to be more elsewhere that I didn't find. A basement, perhaps. But the people in them were too drugged to be able to count on as combatants... we'll have to do this ourselves. If we call too much attention though, and pull two dozen of them down on us, we're toast."

You say (to Risa), with a faint purr, 'Unless you wear Ronnie's clothes.'

You say, with a faint purr, 'And go with Mikhail?'

Desari shrugs.

Risa's lips curve a little at the corners as she looks over at Desari, the expression not necessarily nice. Reaching into the confines of her coat, she begins to withdraw a dagger... then pauses and looks over at the Swann's clothing. "...She is rather bigger than I am. But I can wear them. Keepers are not known for their fashion sense. I can also possess Keepers, to turn them against each other. But my rituals will probably be more useful, if I can plunge this dagger into several. Than my spirit form will be."

Mikhail nods his head as he pops the cork on his roofies and he pours it into his bottle.

Mikhail shakes the bottle around as he grunts, "Waste of good vodka." he bitches, before he gives Risa a smile, "YOu look lovely." he tells her as he stares at his mask.

"At least most of my stuff is pretty tight fitting. I'll shift, so you can put on what you need to.. Mikhail or someone, put a tranq dart, unloaded into my neck and I'll play at sleeping when I need to." Ronnie says, standing from the bed and doing just that, coming down to a crouch and beginning to shift into her feline form.

A mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes turns into a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots.

Desari nods to Risa. "So you're okay with going with them? We'll get Ronnie to ink your neck too, then Lee and I will sneak in the back, see what we can do to keep the numbers we face at any given time to a minimum." She eyes the dagger, then nods and smiles. "Good. That'll definitely be useful." An eyebrow lofts faintly at the marks on Risa's neck, but she stays quiet on that, watching the Order trio, instead.

"My combat gear," Risa says to Mikhail as she removes a few pieces of it. Namely the gloves, and her cowl. The long braid is flipped out of the confines of the latter, and she steps over to begin grabbing some of a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots's fallen clothing. For reference, the marks on her neck are probably more yellowish than purple now, and appear to be fading... But they totally look like hickeys.

After sending off a text, Risa says in a sing-song tone while she goes through the clothing, "Kurosawa lecture in three.... two..."

You say, with a faint purr, 'Oh boy...'

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots lets out a low chuffing noise as she starts to stalk back and forth, her golden eyes, much darker in this form, rising to fix on Risa.

Lee gets up off the bed, stretching and cracking his knuckles behind his back. He starts to pace the length of the hotel room. For now, he is quiet, simply listening to the rest of the crew hatch their plan.

"Tell him I say hello." Mikhail offers Risa as he slowly slips his mask onwards, and lets out a ragged exhale.

Mikhail wears a thin white mask.

Desari looks over at Lee, then after a moment pads across the room to lean in against him in a moment when his path crosses hers. "Ready for this?"

Mikhail puts on a mask to become A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask.

A lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots goes AFK. (I gotta go, I've set myself to follow Mikhail for now, she'll play dead when she needs to.. And I'll be back in about 20minutes.)

Desari draws a slow breath through her nose, and steps aside from Lee. Instead, her arms wrap around her own torso, and she looks over to the door. "I think we've gotten done what we can," she says softly. "Ready and moving on your word, Mikhail."

Swapping out some of the clothing for some from the Swann's pile, Risa looks through and then slips some things on. She tucks in the shirt to the jeans, to make certain they stay up, before tucking them in turn into the boots she wears. The jacket is pretty obviously over-sized. From a pouch, she takes out a set of India ink felt-tip pens, then goes over to the mirror. "May I see the emblem?" she asks, before tugging down her borrowed shirt, and drawing on the crosshairs beneath her clavicle, that she'd seen the last night they were in Boston.

You think; 'This either succeeds or fails now, I guess. We won't get a second chance to raid this place. And God damn it, Lee. Fine. Be angry. Just let me count on you anyway.'

"That's the Hunter mark," Desari says to Risa, before tossing over the phone with that blurry picture still called up. "This here, with the broken hourglass, is the Keeper one. Either will work, really. Seems they were buying shifters from the Hunters that captured them."

"...I will do the crosshairs," Risa decides, catching the phone and examining it, before tossing it back. She nods once to Desari, and then says to her, "I would rather be a hunter, than a deranged, disease-ridden Keeper."

Desari snickers. Folding up her phone, she checks to ensure the volume is muted, and then shoves it into her satchel. "Okay. All set."

As a final measure, Risa twists up her braid into a bun, before taking out an elastic to hold it in place. Soon, she steps forward to rejoin the group. "I am ready."

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head slowly as he grunts leading a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots out of the area as he makes efforts to conceal his face from whatever public would be around him.

The motel seems pretty empty, most people being in their rooms at this time of night. You hear mattresses squeaking as you pass one or two of them. The single clerk is watching a small television situated on the front desk and barely gives you a side look as your posse ambles out through the front door.

Desari heads over to her bike. Waiting for Lee to catch his, and the Order trio to figure out their ride situation, she calls, "Follow me!" And with a rev of her engine, she's off, leading them to a secluded area not too far from the warehouse. Mikhail will probably end up just driving right up to the door.

South Boston- A Warehouse District

  The area near the pier is a series of run down brick storefronts and blocky

warehouses. Freight trucks are parked at various loading docks. The smell of the ocean hangs heavy in the air. The edges of the area are showing signs of a nascent urban renewal project, with construction vehicles, torn up lots, and the beginnings of new public buildings... but that hasn't spread this far into the district just yet.

It is night, about 37F(2C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

[ ] [ ]

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask is standing here. [AFK] a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots is standing here.

Risa arrives.

Desari heads over to her bike. Waiting for Lee to catch his, and the Order trio to figure out their ride situation, she calls, "Follow me!" And with a rev of her engine, she's off, leading them to a secluded area not too far from the warehouse. Mikhail will probably end up just driving right up to the door.

As A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask drives up towards the warehouses with a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots in his back seat he looks around the area trying to get a better understanding of his surroundings, "Keep it together, Comrade." he mutters to himself as he brings his jeep to a park.

The drive through South Boston is uneventful. Your party finds itself parked near to the warehouse that Desari indicated. Lee rides next to her, with the Order group bringing up the rear. A cold sea breeze comes in off the water, intensifying the unpleasant smell of the place. The streets here look deserted, the warehouses mostly empty or abandoned.

"You are doing well," Risa says reassuringly to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask, probably riding in the passenger's seat next to him like any proper hunter. She glances aside at the man, and speaks in a low tone, "Remember, you are Keeper. You do not feel fear... you are insane." Her head tilts a little to one side, dark eyes studying him.

Desari and Lee walk quietly down the street, her voice hushed as she says to him, "If we can get one of them alone, I've got angel tears. We can get one of them /wanting/ to help us. And enough vee to probably shake one of the captives out of their drugged state. So keep an eye open for a strong one, okay?" As they near the fenced in warehouse, she pauses, watching the Order trio carefully.

"Whatever happens, don't judge me too harshly." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask tells Risa with a small nod of his head, his plain white mask hiding his face as he slips out of the drivers side, "If I die take care of dog." he tells her as he reaches over to pick a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots up.

South Boston- Before a Warehouse

  Before you is a warehouse. The building is two stories and flanked by other

warehouses. There is an empty parking lot stretching out before the building. The facility itself is surrounded by a chain link fence topped with coils of barbed wire.

Two men loiter near the entrance.

It is night, about 37F(2C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon. The buzz of electricity humms through the place. For all that the lights flicker, the low level activation shows clear signs of use. From beneath, there is the low sound of thumping, perhaps like an active HVAC system of somekind. Something certainly seems to be drawing air throughout the facility.

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here. A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask is standing here. [AFK] a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots is standing here. A lingering, invisible spirit outdoors

"You will not die tonight. You will die fighting big, scary abomination," Risa says to someone while she goes to walk along with him, not attempting to touch the spotted cat herself. Instead, she looks off into the darkness, before soon back to the Russian. "I am always judging you," she tells him conversationally, before falling quiet.

Your group has come up on the warehouse. You aren't close enough to be detected yet, giving your group a chance to finalize your plans. You can approach the front gate or go around the space between warehouses.

Desari gestures A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask and Risa towards the front door with a wink and a, "Yell if things go south. I've got good ears." She then grabs for Lee's hand and turns to slink along between the warehouses, repeating the path they'd taken the night before.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head towards someone as he starts to trudge, making it seem like he's having trouble carrying a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots's weight as he heads towards the keeper infested warehouse.

The three Orderites cross the parking lot. They lose sight of Desari and Lee, who vanish into the shadows between this warehouse and the one next to it. The two men guarding the door approach cautiously. "The fuck are you doing?", barks the first one. "Just dragging that shit around in the open." The second one guffaws. "I like it," he says. "Motherfucker's got balls. Bring that thing over here."

Lee and Desari slip around and hop the fence, both able to make supernatural leaps. While Des is fiddling with the lock, Mikhail and Risa are talking to the guards at teh front of the warehouse.

The guards look over the "unconscious" form of Ronnie. "Hell yeah," the first one says. "She'll be a good match for that other cat bitch." He turns around and pulls out a ring of keys, going to unlock the doors to the warehouse. "She's good and tranq'd, right? Probably gonna ship her out to the arena tomorrow morning."

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head, "I ended up giving this kitten triple, she killed one of my men." he tells the guards as he gives a small roll of his eyes, "Pity, I was going to let him have some fun with her human form."

"Shit yeah," the second one rasps, his eyes alight. "I heard tomorrow they're going to see how many that bear can take at once." He smiles, and utterly insane expression devoid of any humanity. "Pump his ass full of vee and put like three wolves on him."

Again, Desari takes a moment to listen at the door for any sound of movement on the other side, before she springs it open and slips inside with someone.

The second Keeper seems excited by the idea A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask puts forth. The first one wrinkles his brow. "Gross," he says. "How can you fuck someone knowing that they're a goddamn animal?" He shrugs. "Guess people in Tennessee fuck horses, so whatever floats your guys'boat, am I right?" He finishes struggling with the padlock and pulls the door open. "Go ahead and toss her in one of the empty cages. We'll come lock it up in a few minutes." The second one still has his gaze locked on the feline. "What's she look like in human form?" He whispers eagerly to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask.

"No taste," Risa says after someone' words, shaking her head but then nodding in agreement with the Keeper who says it's disgusting. She looks at A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask in clear disapproval, but remains standing nearby, "They're good for nothing but the hunt and ring. And for pelts. If you take it from them soon enough."

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots is still all floopy and unresponsive of anything being said around her. The black stripes down the center of her back quiver some and even her ears occasionally twitch. She's quite the feline, even for a cheetah, with three dark stripes running down the center of her back, and her tail ringed in black. Some would perhaps pick her up as rare genetic mutation often called a King Cheetah.

Meanwhile, Desari pops the lock like it wasn't even there, Lee hiding behind her in the shadows. He glances from left to right, looking for guards, but finds none. Desari hears no noise besides the front door being pulled ajar, and is able to slip into the warehouse with little trouble.

"Eh, nigger. Not normally my type but hell. If one of my fine men wish to be getting their balls wet and I still make the money." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask tells the other keeper with a small roll of his shoulders, "At least he's not wanting to fuck jew. With those you always lose."

After those words, Risa reaches out a hand to stroke down the unconscious form of a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots's back, tracing those three dark stripes.

The second Keeper lets out a shrill titter at A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask's comments. The first one remains silent, shrugging again. "Long as they bleed and die, I give two shits," he says.

"Anyways, may we enter, comrades." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask asks as he eyes the men from behind his mask as he shifts his weight to accommodate carrying a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots as he tries to move past the guards.

Desari slips into the warehouse, then, stepping aside against the wall and out of the lights she knows are present, already.

The Keepers stand by, allowing the Order team inside. The second Keeper's gaze remains fixed on Ronnie's form until the three of them are inside, the door shutting with a hollow echo behind them.

Boston- Inside a Warehouse The lights are on.

  This warehouse is almost entirely dark, lit only by disc-shaped hanging

lights that throw cold circles of harsh white light onto the dirty floors. Crates and cages are stacked around the perimeter of the building. Some of the cages contain doped up looking animals- birds of prey, big cats, feral-looking canines- other cages contain humans who are naked, filthy, bloody, and drugged.

The sound of workboots echoes through the warehouse. It is being patrolled.

A metal staircase leads up from the main floor to a second floor.

It is night, and about 50F(10C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: A series of cages, Stairs to the second floor, A loading dock

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here. a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots is standing here. A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask is standing here. (Story Running)A lingering, invisible spirit outdoors

As A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask continues to trudge forward, A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask looks over at Risa while out of ear shot as he murmurs, "You ready?" he asks with a raise of his brow.

"Yes," Risa says, slipping back into her usual way of speaking while she keeps near to the masked Russian. She still has her sword sheathed over her shoulder... which probably shouldn't be terribly surprising to other Hunters or Keepers, under circumstances like these. There's also a partially collapsible crossbow hung nearby to it. Her eyes move over to where the cages are, searching the forms within them.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask gets a Shashka from duffel bag.

Eyes on the cages once more, Desari turns aside and hisses to Lee. "Which one? We can probably wake one of them up to help us... It's worth a try at least." She prowls closer, cautious as ever, studying the poor occupants of the cages for the best choice.

Most of the cages do, in fact, have forms in them. Some are human, some are animal. None appear to be moving much. A few Keepers stroll around the inside of the warehouse. They don't seem to be paying any attention to you. Desari and Lee are presently unseen.

Risa will look for one of the supernaturals that has a badass-looking aura.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head as he continues to trudge with a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots over his shoulder as he continues to move deeper in the warehouse.

Though she's no medical professional, and if Lee doesn't chime in with a choice of his own, Desari uses what she can tell (faeborn senseweakness + acutes + perception) to make a choice of a fairly strong looking fighter that's not in too poor of condition. Slipping over to that cage, she works to pop the lock, while gesturing Lee forward to handle the vial of street vee from someone.

                Stat Report:You
        You get along pretty well with animals.(1)

You join A series of cages. Along the wall there are six human-sized cages, all padlocked. Each cage contains either a dazed looking animal or a naked, dirty human. The humans are shackled to the bars of their cages, while the animals are chained by an uncomfortable looking leash.

It will take Desari a few moments to get to the cages. While she has nigh-unparalled stealth skills, she has to take it slow to avoid the patrols and rings of light from the overhead halogens. Lee, who is not as stealthy, may slow her down just a tad. Meanwhile, the trio of Order have nearly crossed the floor to the cages. One of the Keepers is looking over at them curiously, but does not yet approach.

Desari will wait then.

Stopping next to one of the cages with an animal in it, Risa moves into a crouch and hooks her fingers through the bars. She studies the creature curiously, allowing A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask to pull a little more ahead of her with a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots slung over his shoulder.

Most of the animals and people are mildly wounded, and most appear to be heavily sedated. One of the animals, a razorback boar, seems to be in the best condition out of the lot of them.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask's eyes flicker over towards Risa as his brow raises from behind his mask, as he looks around trying to find the stairs of the warehouse.

Desari draws back into the shadows further with Lee anyway, when she notices the Keeper looking at the Order group. Her movements grow slower, though she may well use any distraction they offer to aid her in this.

Reaching into her pocket, Risa takes out a small strip of paper after looking over the warehouse. She ties it around one of the bars, blocking most views with her body, before going to follow after A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask once more.

If anyone can get a look into the cage Risa just tied the paper to, there's a boar inside.

                Stat Report:You
        You are extremely supernaturally perceptive.(5)

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask looks over towards Risa as he offers quietly, "Where do you think their boss it?" he asks her as he heads over towards the stairs to the second floor.

As the Order group moves away from the cages, still with a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots, Desari starts her careful, forward movement again. Gradually, she brings herself up to the cage containing the boar, though she halts again, head turning slowly to seek out that nosey Keeper from before.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask just takes a sharp inhale as he looks around, and he climbs up the stairs, "Comrades, your brother from glorious Russia has brought you the bitch you be looking for!" he calls out loudly now as he carries the woman over his shoulder, pretending to have some trouble with her like a normal man would as he tries to draw attention to himself over Desari.

That Keeper seems to have wandered off, perhaps on his rounds, perhaps only for a moment. Luckily, Desari is able to get the padlock open after a short amount of fiddling. Lee remains in the shadows behind her, probably five or so yards away.

Keeping closer to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask, her faux-Keeper friend for now, Risa looks over the area and towards the separated off room. As the Russian begins to shout and heft the cheetah, she rolls her eyes as if in exasperation and says, "You've been bragging about that for HOURS now."

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots stays quiet, her black ringed tail swishing back and forth in time with A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask's steps ascending up the stairs. There's no signs of life from her, beyond her breathing which quickens at the scent of blood. Her ears do perk, just a bit, taking in the sounds around her.

On the second floor- a man emerges from the makeshift room created by dividers. He is wearing a bloody apron and bloody cloves and carries a glass vial in his hands. It has a very, very small amount of red liquid in it. "The cages are on the first floor," he says in a very pleasant tone. "My, what strapping hunters you are, the pair of you." He smiles a thin, wide smile. "Any chance you want to go out and get me another juice box? This one's empty. I think we broke her. Clean up in aisle seven."

quickly pries open the boar's jaws and administers the vial to the boar, letting the vee soak into her system. Hopefully, it'll kickstart her adrenaline and force away the drugged haze. In the meantime, while she waits for the vampire blood to work it's magic, Desari murmurs in a low voice, "We're here to get you out. All of you. But we need your help," she says, fingers stroking in a calming fashion over the boar's muzzle.

On the first floor- Des pops the lock. The boar regards her with suspicious, fearful eyes. It presses back against the bars of its cage, letting out an angry snort.

Desari needs to rewrite her emote then :)

A lingering, invisible spirit goes AFK. (It can stand. Just reverse the order.)

First floor- The boar will take a moment to recover. It's eyes begin to focus and it struggles to stand.

"Da, my friend. The goddess spoke, I believe you were putting bounty on this one and she told uuuuuus." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask tells the man, "I had heard you Americans know how to properly party and hunt game." he offers towards the man as he shifts in his weight to adjust his hold on a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots.

Stepping a little to the side, Risa tries to see into the room where the man just came out, rising onto the balls of her feet. "You have a vampire?" she says curiously while she does that, stepping off further to the side.

Desari continues to murmur soothingly to the boar. "Lay back down. Get your strength back," she says softly. "We're going to leave your cage open. When they come to bring in the cheetah, we're going to take out the Keeper with them, drug him to work with us, okay?" She smiles, a touch of feline in her eyes, though likely the boar can smell it on her anyway, continuing to work what calm she can on the shifter. "But you're going to help us in our surprise assault. If you leave your cage now, we'll have lost that."

You feel a vague sense of overall worry. Since when do her plans go so smoothly?

"Had," the man corrects with an apologetic shrug. "Made one too many withdrawals from her, I think. No matter. Plenty more where that came from, aren't there?" Risa can see into the little room, a jury-rigged extraction device that has a fine coat of ash all over it. "That's what I love about vampires," he says to the pair of them, his tone still butler-polite. "The only breed of freak we can rely on to reproduce themselves consistently." His plastic smile stretches out again. "Head down to the loading dock and Greg will see that you get your bounty money. I'll double it if you can get me another vampire before sunrise."

First floor- The boar nods her head slightly, perhaps indicating a willingness to comply. Desari can shut the cage and slip back into the shadows with Lee, unseen at present by the odd Keeper who wanders by.

"Good. Damn fangs. Guess it was one of the... wussy ones? No good in the ring?" Risa wonders of the man, looking back at him from the extraction room beyond to focus instead and size up his bloody form. Dark eyes darting to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask next, she comments to him, "We could probably do that. I heard there was one near the park. If you play them right... they are easy. Except for being tough fuckers."

Desari does, flashing a quick smile over at the silent Lee. The cage is left just slightly unlatched, so that the boar can push out of it when needed, though without close inspection it certainly still would appear to be closed up properly. Melting back into the shadows, she bites on her lip, head tilting to look towards the stairs where the others have gone.

You think; 'I should free the others while I'm here. But they're too out of it to do more than get themselves caught or killed, and us with them... better to wait. Now what? What are they doing...?'

You feel anxious, worried about her friends, these shifters in general, and the Order group.

You think; 'What is taking so long??'

You think; 'I guess... now's as good a time as any to make one of these bastards fall in love, huh?'

Second Floor- The man's expression becomes quizzical, until he notices the crosshairs on Risa's neck. "We don't want vampires for the ring," he says, "We want shapeshifters and werewolves only. Though I suppose a shapeshifting vampire would be sufficient." He strokes his chin, which smears blood on it. "I'll pay triple for a shapeshifting vampire. It needs to be a fighting form, though. No bats or," he giggles, sounding oddly like a small child, "Clouds of mist. At any rate, go on. Put the cat in the cage downstairs, go get your money, and then go get me a vampire. We're going to need a lot of vee for tomorrow's little extravaganza."

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask chuckles as he rolls his shoulder as he starts to trudge downwards, "This will be fun!" he offers towards the man as he grunts and heads to the cages once more, once he's out of sight and ear shot of the other keepers.

"I will need to get tickets," Risa tells the creepily giggling man, before turning to follow the Russian out of the area and back down the stairs. She reaches out a hand to smack him in the head while they're on the stairs, "I told you we were not to go up there!"

Risa does that before they're out of earshot.

Second Floor- "Get a juicy one!" The man's voice lilts from the second floor as the Orderites descend the staircase. The Order then move over to the cages, with Desari and Lee hiding just out of sight.

Order...it looks like Desari popped the lock on the boar's cage open. The animal also looks more alert and awake than it did when you left it.

Subtly as they pass by the boar's cage, Risa lifts a finger to her lips.

As the Orderites move closer, Desari drops her head, voice soft. She murmurs, "Boar's free, and ready for a signal." She doesn't wait for an answer, relying on keen ears to pick up her words as she turns to stealthily slide her way over to catch a glimpse (hopefully) of what's going on out on the loading docks.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask slowly opens up the cage that Desari has unlocked and he slides the cat like a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots into it as he shuts it but yet doesn't lock it. Hoping that not many eyes are on him as he now rubs his free shoulder.

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots is manhandled into the cage, letting out a low groan of complaint. It's not much of one and doesn't carry far beyond A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask as she settles down within it. Even so, her ears now remain a bit more alert, ears perking up as she tries to listen to the sounds around her.

You join A loading dock. The metal shutter doors of the loading dock are open, giving you a view of the nearby water. A large semi-truck is parked here, the back open and the trailer empty. You can hear the muted sounds of conversation, as if someone is standing just outside.

A Keeper guard comes wandering toward the Order group. "Hey, new guys," he barks at them, slinging a rifle over his shoulder. "Whadja bring in?"

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask With the burden of a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots's animal form off of him he starts trudging back up the stairs once more as he grunts over towards the guard, "Some vodka from the motherland, and the bitch you were looking for. The Goddess provides for us all my brother." he tells the keeper as his hand moves to his duster as he pulls a bottle of vodka from the side pocket like a proper Russian.

Desari freezes. But as A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask catches the guard's attention, she turns again to her slow, quiet prowl. Disappointment is followed by relief. Her intent, right now, is to bring herself around to the side of the empty truck, though very, very cautiously so as not to draw attention to herself while she scopes out the number of men here, their locations, etc.

You think; 'That ought to be a last resort, anyway.'

"I think he spends all of our hunts drunk," Risa says of the masked Russian, stopping next to him and turning toawrds the Keeper guard. She's been letting him lead this entire time, and smiles to the man approaching them. "It's really good shit."

Loading dock- There are half a dozen Keepers out here, all armed. "Boss wants all this shit moved to Armstrong by morning," he says to the rest. "Said the Order got involved a couple nights ago, and some fuckin' hyper. He's the only one who got out alive. He wants this place cleaned out by nine in the morning."

The Keeper looks at the bottle. "Yeah? Gimme a nip," he says.

You think; 'Ah hell. The guy in the balaclava's still out there. Well... he'll be easy enough to recognize.'

You feel a flicker of frustration, solidifying into further intent.

You think; 'Where's Armstrong? I need to get my hands on that guy... he's the one.'

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask grins over towards the guard as he hands the bottle over towards the man, "Be very careful with it my friend." he calls to the keeper as he grins as he pats the guard on his back letting him take a nip from the vodka.

By the cages- The Keeper goes to take a swig, but stops. "You know what's fucked up?" He says to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask and Risa. "I had this car battery all ready to go, then the boss says we can't use it because we need 'em all in fighting shape tomorrow. Wish I'd found that fucker earlier." He goes to take a sip...and stops. "Hey, you guys goin' to the big ass battle royale tomorrow night? I don't think I seen you guys at the arena yet."

Desari continues to creep forward, but now she has a target. Avoiding the truck, as apparently they're loading it right now, she works her way into a corner, behind a crate, or whatever they have stacked for packing. Though she's wary, all senses alert, her internal predator has found it's prey, and she crouches to wait for her opportunity.

"Yeah! I am looking forward to it. Especially with the bear. I like to watch the bears fight," there is a certain sincere gleefulness that Risa brings to her eyes with the mention of the bear. She's watching the Keeper with the bottle of vodka in the meanwhile, and wrinkles her nose before looking at A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask. "Just do not club this one like the last one."

"You know, I be hoping. Provided this one is not being typical woman." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask tells the guard as he gestures towards Risa and adjusts his mask ever so slightly to show his lips as his hand moves to his flask and he uncorks it and takes a swig of it's contents, "Da good stuff." he offers the guard with a nod and a cough, "I just followed what my dreams told me. But I keep hearing good things about this ring. Maybe you do what we do in mother Russian and strap bombs to them and explode the winner. It gives meaning to sudden death."

The Keeper straight up guffaws at Mikhail's joke. "Nah, DuPree makes bids on the ones he likes. The winners." He shrugs. "Personally I say kill all them fuckers, but apparently boss man like the idea that he'll treat 'em worse than we can imagine." He sees the flask and raises his bottle slightly in an unspoken toast.

Not seeming to have much else to say, Risa just sort of grumbles at A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask without pulling out any drinks herself, "I can still beat your ass."

At the loading dock, the Keepers grumble and start to trudge back into the factory. Faeborn luck is with Desari, as the one she was targeting seems to lag at the back of the group.

"Well, I mean, caging this bitch you were useful." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask tells Risa as he takes a second drink of his flask before he slips it back into his pocket, "You get first taste of what we're giving your boss my friend. Make you all fight with the fury of fifty men." he tells him with an unseen wink.

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots twitches some in her cage, her body stretching as she tries to gain a little bit of movement into her limbs. Her head gives a shake, as if trying to rid herself of the effects of what ever drug had been 'used' on her before she slumps down again on the ground of small prison.

Desari takes some time to ensure that her luck will hold. When has she ever trusted it? But when the 'leader' of the moment seems to trail at the end of the group, she reacts swiftly. Reaching out, she moves to wrap a hand around his mouth, and knock him to his knees, drawing him back into the shadows as quickly as she can. She's not the strongest, but she's got stealth and speed in her favor. Is it enough?

                Stat Report:You
        You can can blend into any background and move completely silently.(5)


                Ability Report:You
        You can oxygenate your muscles for a brief peek in performance.

                Ability Report:You
        You know how to grapple with someone to stop them leaving.

                Stat Report:You
        You can run incredibly fast or 50 MPH.(5)

"More useful than your dead man," Risa grouses to the Russian, reaching to slip a hand into his pocket and take hold of the flask and pull it out for her own bit of favor, there.

At the loading docks- Desari darts out and grabs the guy, probably surprising him given her speed and stealth. She's able to get her hand around his mouth, and prevent him from pulling away, but she takes a vicious elbow to the ribs for her trouble- one driven by the strange, psychotic strength Keepers seem to have. Meanwhile, near the cages, the Keeper chatting it up with the pair of Orderites finally shuts his yap and takes a slug of the vodka, coughing furiously afterwards. The coughing echoes throughout the warehouse, covering up the sound of the scuffle between Des and the Keeper going on in the shadows...for the moment.

                Stat Report:a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots
        she has particularly acute hearing.(1)

"Oh, come on. We know Ivan would just be wanting to get his dick wet." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask tells Risa as he snickers and he reaches to take the bottle from the coughing keeper, "If your leaders like, we will get extra bottles while we hunt vampire shifter later on tonight, my friend!" he promises the guard as he starts to trudge up the stairs.

Picking up the sounds of the scuffle, a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots starts to try rouse, getting unsteadily to her paws and shaking herself down. As a cheetah she's not able to roar, but she does let out a few howls of complaint, and butts the top of her brow into the sides of the cage. Not the door, just the sides, rattling it noisely.

"I know. I had to tell him several times not to touch me. I think the knife drive the point home... Literally," Risa says. And then a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots is up and beginning to rattle the cage nearby. A frown comes sharply over her face, and she tells the slender cat, "Be quiet! You had your time to complain before. Now you go to the ring." But soon she's focused back on the man drinking the vodka.

Desari hisses a breath, but she's got her own little tricks up her sleeve. Ignoring the pain of a jab that's likely going to leave bruises on her ribs, beneath her armor, afterwards, she works one leg between her opponent's attempting again to drop him to the ground, on his belly, so she can straddle his back.

                Ability Report:You
        You can temporarily shut off your body's pain receptors.

                Ability Report:You
        You are adept at trips and legsweeps.

Then Mikhail and Risa can go back upstairs, leaving the Keeper to dare the bottle again. Ronnie makes a good show of making noise. Meanwhile, Desari struggles with the Keper. Shutting off her pain receptors, she manages to get the Keeper's face eating warehouse floor.

You're no doctor, but you're pretty sure that if you weren't supernaturally tough, that'd have cracked a rib. If you weren't wearing armor, you'd probably have a piece of rib in your lung.

You tell Alchemy OOCly 'would you say my dex (3) and acrobatics (3) would be enough to keep one hand over his mouth and manipulate other objects at the same time? I want to check before I go and emote something that you don't think is fair.'

You're no doctor, but you're pretty sure that if you weren't supernaturally tough, that'd have cracked a rib. If you weren't wearing armor, you'd probably have a piece of rib in your lung.

Alchemy tells you 'Dexterity covers adroitness, so I don't see why not. You'd better be quick, though, be cause he is definitely stronger than you.

'"Da my friend, Make sure you be careful with it. It makes men out of boys." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask calls towards the guard wanting to mess with the vodka bottle loud enough for anyone else paying attention to notice the coughing keeper and it as he looks upwards now moving forward.

"...I cannot believe you are wasting that," Risa says of the bottle, just following someone back upstairs. He's the superior combatant, but she slips her hand into the borrowed motorcycle jacket to grip the slender-tipped knife she left there.

Cages- The boar appears to be sitting up, snuffling curiously at a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots. It clambers to its feet and takes a few faltering steps. Loading dock- Des does whatever she's attempting to do, joined suddenly by Lee who is crouched down and taking no action yet. A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask and Risa arrive on the second floor of the warehouse.

Desari quickly pulls a small vial from the pocket of her jacket. Using her teeth to tug free the cork, she pushes it between the fingers covering her Keeper victim's mouth. Quickly attempting to close his mouth around the liquid and hold it clamped that way with fingers pressing his nostrils shut and palm pushing upward on his jaw, she's intent to give him no choice but to swallow. And when he does, she leans in to whisper into his ear.

The rousing boar draws a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots's attention and she moves over to the side of the cage nearest the beast, a low chuffing sound mingled with a bit of chirping issued. Cheetah's have quite the vocal range. She regularly thumps her shoulder in against the bars of the cage, rattling them and trying to cover any noises that Desari and Lee might be making with their Keeper.

Loading Docks- The Keeper chokes, but ultimately swallows enough of the fluid.

As A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask raises upwards, as he calls over towards the group, "My friend!" he calls over towards the leader he was speaking two before now cheetah free.

You say in a low voice, 'I need your help, sweetheart, okay? What's your name?'

Desari lifts her hand from the Keeper's mouth enough for him to speak his reply, though she's wary indeed while waiting to see if the potent substence will affect this particular man. Her fingers linger nearby, ready to slam down against his mouth again if necessary.

By the docks- "Greg," the man mutters, looking dazed and confused. Lee stands over him, the urge to do violence evident in his posture and on his face, but he seems to contain himself for now. "What do you want me to do?" The Keeper asks.

Cages- There seems to be an understanding between the boar and Ronnie. It paces back and forth, anxious for whatever happens next.

Second Floor- The man with the plastic smile emerges from the little thrown together office room. "You're back," he says with strained politeness. "Or you haven't left yet." The smile stretches, looking almost impossible to maintain at this point. "What do you need? A stake?"

"I need you to help me clear the place out," Desari says, pushing the desire mentally as well. "Can you send some of those men on a break or something?" She strokes her fingers against the keeper's cheek with demonstrated affection, though she hasn't relented to climbing off of his prone form, yet. She looks up at someone and winks, briefly.

Desari purrs, "It's really, really important, Greg. Please? For me?"

You think; 'Please work. Please, please, please work.'

Loading docks- "Yeah," Greg says, his tone still slightly distant. "Yeah, I can do that. We need to get everything shipped off to the arena by morning. I'll have them load the trucks." He nods amiably.

"A stake would be useful my friend." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask tells the man, his hand moving to his hip as he tilts his head towards the keeper with the strange smile, "But you be knowing, you had bounty on cat. We are collecting, a business transaction my friend." he tuts playfully as he makes his way towards the man.

Second Floor- "Yes, I had the bounty, but Greg's got the money." The man's politeness is strained, now, and and his head tilts slightly. "Greg will pay you for the animal. Now, if you don't mind, go get my vampire."

"Everything but the animals," Desari says, leaning in to brush her lips against Greg's cheek before she slips off of his back. Her hand slides to her jacket pocket. There's a knife there. She's still wary. But she beams at Greg anyway and says, "If you can do that for me, I'll be so, very very grateful."

Stepping nearer to the man, Risa reaches out a hand in order to pat his arm gently, her other hand held down. "Where is Greg? We do not mean to be a burden... but a deal is a deal."

                Ability Report:Risa
        she can speed up someone's heart, potentially leading to a panic attack or death in an already badly injured person.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask's hand moves towards one of his coat pockets as he looks around the second floor as he gazes for guards in the area.

The man suddenly clenches his jaw, his eyes bulging and his fists clenching. His voice shifts noticeably, being fever pitched and similar to a small child's in some ways. "GO GET MY VAMPIRE," he shrieks. "ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!"

And after that hand draws back from the man's face, while he's beginning to shriek, Risa curls it into a fist and hits him with a right hook. She's not specifically very skilled at doing so, but he's probably not in too much of a way to dodge. The other hand fumbles in her jacket to pull out the dagger.

                Stat Report:Risa
        she has only rudimentary unarmed striking skills.

You get a KA-BAR knife from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask's eyes flutter around the area as Risa acts, his hands moving to his weapons with a supernatural ease as he takes up defensive position by the current scuffle ready to strike out in either direction with both blades drawn.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask wields his Shashka.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask straps a Shashka onto his back. A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask unsheathes his Pioneer's Short Sword.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask removes a LG Optimus F60 and slips it into his black duster pocket.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask wields his Shashka.

Risa punches the man, though it seems to have almost no effect. With spastic reflexes, he proceeds to backhand her hard across the face. He starts gasping for air. If the blow is hard enough to knock Risa to the floor, it will leave A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask an opening.

With quick foot work A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask kicks into action as Risa is struck, his long blade striking at the man's back as he pivots in an attempt to bring the back saw edge to his short blade towards the mans throat in an attempt to drive it keep enough to rip it out.

                Stat Report:Risa
        she is well protected by her supernatural constitution.

The blow isn't quite hard enough to knock Risa to the ground. She's tougher than she looks, and she has pretty good footing, even if she's not particularly strong. Instead, she ducks down and pulls out the ritual dagger, stabbing it viciously into the man's rear end.

Risa unsheathes her a small silver dagger.

                Stat Report:Risa
        she can confidently do simple acrobatic maneuvers.(1)


                Stat Report:Risa
        she is more dexterous than most people.(1)

"And Greg," Desari adds, smiling at the man as she pushes yet another impulse. "When you've got them all busy and away from here, come and talk to me, would you? You're so clearly the man who knows what's going on around here, and I'm really going to need your help." Her lashes flutter, her smile lingering, before she steps aside slightly to let Greg do what she's asked, assuming he's going to.

First Floor- Greg heads off into the warehouse. "Pack up the guns and shit!" He commands. "Fuck waiting 'til morning, we're doing it now. Get all the shit. Car batteries, rifles, M-99, everything. On the trucks. Let's go!" Some bustle begins as these orders are carried out. Desari and Lee can slip back into the shadows.

Second Floor- Combat

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots bides her time for now, waiting for the people to clear out and not making overly much noise. Instead she settles down on the ground of her cage, her golden eyes open and peering out into the room. Her black tuffed ears track the sounds on the second floor of the place and she lets out a low whine.

Desari beams at Lee, as she pulls him aside into the shadows. Taking a moment to press a quick kiss to his cheek she whispers, "Once most of them are out, I'm going to get Greg to tell us everything he can, and then ask him not to tell his boss about us. That drug'll float in his system for a week or so. We can use him again later..." Squeezing him tightly for a moment, the pain in her ribs flares and draws a wince and a faint cough from her. She goes on though. "If we can get this lot out of here without much of a fight, we won't be hurt. Then, we can raid the arena to save the rest."

You feel hopeful. Actually really hopeful.

You think; 'I need to stock more of that shit. That's /useful/.'

That kick seems to take Risa off-guard and expels the air from her lungs. She rocks backwards, and staggers, momentarily starting to fall as her knees fail her. But then she's getting up, and shaking herself off with a wince of pain. Given the man's strength, the lamellar has probably bent and given her some nasty marks through the padding.

The first floor of the warehouse is now abustle with Keepers loading various types of gear into the semitruck on the loading dock.

As the blood hits A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask' mask he wipes it off with a one of the sleeves of his duster as he tilts his attention around the area, trying to get a glimpse of any incoming movement.

Second floor- A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask and Risa can hear lots of movement on the first floor. Lots of sounds of things being pushed, dragged, barked orders, etc.

Desari turns to slip away from the busy dock, beckoning Lee along with her. Unless caught in the act, she'll work her way back around to the cages where the others were left, before.

You join A series of cages. Along the wall there are six human-sized cages, all padlocked. Each cage contains either a dazed looking animal or a naked, dirty human. The humans are shackled to the bars of their cages, while the animals are chained by an uncomfortable looking leash.

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots slowly starts to nudge the door to her cage open with her brow. She issues a low chirping-like noise, encouraging the boar to do the same as she lowers herself down and slinks out of the cage, her paws hitting the ground.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask slips his blade into the scabbard on his back as he looks at Risa, "You okay?" he asks her as he uses an arm to move the plastic man back into his office, hopefully out of general sight of any keeper moving past the stairwell.

Second floor- Luckily, the floor was already bloody. The massive amounts of blood left by the man's body isn't really all that out of place. Risa will find that she indeed has charge enough for a ritual, one dose of normal human blood.

"Hey," Desari says, voice kept to a low whisper as she eases back around to the cages. "They're emptying the warehouse, Ronnie. Your angel tears worked." She winks at the cheetah, and then adds softly, "Greg, the leader's going to keep the men away from the cages. If we're careful, we can probably start slipping these captives out soon. We may not even have to fight, yet."

"Yes," Risa says as she rights herself, seeming a little unsteady. Her hand passes over the front of her borrowed jacket, and she says to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask, "He was strong." Gazing down at the dead man on the floor, she lifts up a foot and kicks him in the face needlessly. Then, she walks towards the stairs and looks down from the top to see what's going on below.

There's a low whine of complaint at the last bit said from Desari as a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots moves her limbs, giving herself a good shake down and stretching herself out along the ground. Her upper body lowers and her back arches as she curls her tail up over her back, testing and flexing as she gets her limbs used to moving again.

"I know," Desari murmurs to a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots. "But we're really, really outnumbered."

Second Floor- The man still wears that plastic smile, now with sightless plastic eyes to go with it. They stare up at Risa, his head lolling sickeningly as she kicks him in the face. The smile remains.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head towards Risa as he follows her to the edge, "If they get compromised, I will throw myself in the sea of scum, you guys get out of here." he tells her solemly as he watches the sea through his covered face.

"We are not leaving you, Mikhail," Risa says in disapproval to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask, quietly, as she reaches up to withdraw her crossbow from its catch. The arms are flipped out with a THWIP and a CLICK as they lock into place, and she withdraws the string, locking it into place before putting a bolt on the stock.

Looking at the dead man then, Risa says to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask, "They are leaving soon. Go put the body somewhere out of sight."

In a fluid gesture, Desari rises from where she was crouched, beckoning the pair upstairs to her, before slipping into the shadows again.

"It is hidden as best as I can hide it without heading down stairs." A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask is fairly blunt in his reply as he watches the keepers move about in the floor below.

While perhaps if she was on the plain somewhere in Afirca a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots might be somewhat stealthy, but in a ware house, and painted tan and black, she's much less so. Still though, she makes some attempt at staying down low and as much out of sight as she can.

The party can now regroup, but they won't have long to act before the Keepers return from their first load. There are still four cages with semi-sedate captives.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head over towards Risa as he starts to move down, his short blade at the ready as he grunts and makes his way over towards the cages.

Desari turns with a sigh, steps light and soft as she moves between the cages, popping the locks open gently. "I'll let them go," she murmurs over to the cheetah and the boar. "You two get them outside, okay? Keep them near the wall, and when they're all out, get them the hell out of here... Mikhail's jeep. I'm going to stay and talk to Greg, try to get more of a location for tomorow."

Since A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask continues down the stairs, Risa drags the dead body over into the bloodied room before going to follow him. She'll reconnect with the group shortly.

Desari gestures to the western doorway, not the main one, of course.

You say (to a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots), with a faint purr, 'You might have to kill the guards out front to get them to the jeep safely...'

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots stares up at Desari with unblinking eyes and while the Keepers are out of the room she does her best to lead the menagerie of animals towards the door indicated by Desari. When necessary she gives them an encouraging nudge with her brow towards the exit.

Desari finishes with cuffs and collars, letting those captive shifters free. With a quick smile over to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask and Risa, she explains, "I've got the leader, Greg, under the effect of angel tears. I'll get the location from him for tomorrow. Can you get this lot to safety? Most of 'em belong in Haven, I think."

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head, "Get your friends out. I'll get the door." he tells her as he starts trudging towards the exit his hand near the hilts of his blades as he goes to the exit not wasting any energy.

Moving towards the semi-sedated captives, Risa looks up at Desari and then nods, taking out the injectors. "Yes. That is what we came for," if any of them look particularly groggy, she'll give them a shot. And if there's a particularly small shifter, she'll likely pick that groggy one up when finished.

Mikhail heads for the warehouse door. Desari is able open doors, shackles, and leashes. Risa administers antidotes to rouse the captives. Veronica's presence seems to resonate with the shifters in animal form.

                Stat Report:a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots
        she is really good with animals.(2)

Desari nods. Content that business is being taken care of, she crouches again, then lets herself spring upward. With the press of feet off of the wall to control her acrobatic leap, she clambers up into the rafters of the warehouse, a shadow amongst the shadows again in her black clothing. She seems content, like any good predatorial cat, to simply lie in wait to find her prey alone again.

Mikhail emerges into the cold night air and the stink of the warehouse district. The two guards are still standing outside, chit chatting about various supernaturals they've killed.

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask's brows twitch slightly as he listens to the two guards speak, not wasting time on the act anymore he brings both of his blades free with an ease as he drives the shorter blade into the back of the guard aiming for the small between the shoulder to piece the heart, while his left longsword baring hand goes to barrel down on the other one, trying to drive a fatal blow through.

Mikhail makes short work of the two, the sounds of ripping flesh and burbling blood filling his ears. Meanwhile, Risa and Veronica are able to herd the rest of the animals out. Lee brings up the rear, making sure nobody is following them. Desari notices Greg down on the floor below, walking back over to the cages.

(Subtly) While A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask fights on, although unseen, his sober form is certainly taking pleasure from this as his lips curl into a hidden smile.

"...Hm," Risa says of the dead Keepers that are no doubt now next to A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask's feet. She pays little attention, instead focusing on their retrieved captives as they all get herded to the jeep that is probably not quite big enough for all of them. It's going to be awkward and close seating.

Desari watches for a moment, long enough to make sure that nobody is coming with Greg. Then, she lets herself swing from the rafters, dropping into a crouch beside him. "Greg, sweetie," she purrs, pushing the desire for him to stay calm and come with her. "Can we talk outside or in an office where it's not so noisy?"

a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots moves to the head of the small pack of animals heading for the exit, guiding them towards the jeep setup to bring them back to Haven. Once they're well on their way towards it, she looks towards the front door, keeping a close ear and eye out in that direction for anything that might disturb them.

"Sure," Greg says, gesturing for the side exit. Meanwhile, outside, it's going to be a tight squeeze. Lee offers his jacket to one of the trembling human form prisoners and offers to drive her to the hospital on his motorcycle.

Desari links her arm with Greg's, hand patting lightly against his forearm. "Thanks," she says, as she heads that way with him. Likely, there's been enough time for the animals and such to round the building, so when she leans up against the warehouse's siding to smile at Greg, they're hopefully alone. "Where's the arena, and what time tomorrow is this battle thing?" she asks boldly, head tilting so those baby blue eyes linger on Greg's. "It sounds like a fun scene. I'd like to attend... with you." While her words remain flirtatious, her desire is simple this time, and more genuine: she wants the information.

A blink, and then Risa almost begins to remove the motorcycle jacket she's wearing, before leaving it on as it's not hers. In its stead she begins to help load people into the jeep.

At least Haven isn't too far away. a lean adult cheetah with tan fur and round black spots probably ends up half in A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask half in Risa's lap. Her gear is probably in the hotel though, so there might need to be a quick stop over on the way back.

Greg nods. "Yeah," he says. "It's out at an abandoned factory. Armstrong Plastics. It's just a few miles outside of town..."

A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask nods his head as he makes his way over towards the jeep after freeing his short blades from the keeper he impaled earlier as he heads home.

End Part 2

Interlude

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel

  This is a pretty basic hotel room. It has a kitschy 50's feel, with lime

green walls and orange bedspread. It doesn't really have anything in the way of furniture, aside from an outdated television set and a nightstand with lamp and telephone. A single window is set in the west wall, but it only provides a few of the crappy old businesses across the street

There is a semi-conscious, red-headed man handcuffed to the nightstand.

There is a pierced guy with spiky black hair with Desari

It is night, and about 50F(10C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: shower, a bed with hideous orange sheets

[ ] [ ]

Desari is curled up on the bed, dozing

Desari yawns, rolling over lethargically as she wakes. Again. It takes a moment for her to realize where she is, but when she does she sits bolt upright, looking first for Lee, for some odd reason, and then for the captive Hunter, who still should be locked up nearby.

Lee is here. He's presently watching Taken, starring Liam Neeson, and chatting idly with Jarrod.

Desari relaxes immediately, flopping back down onto the bed. "Scared me," she mutters, despite the fact that the television's noise should have been clue enough. She smiles over at Lee, gaze drifting between the two men with more than a hint of curiosity. "What's going on?"

"Not a damn thing," Lee says. "Just working on a case of Stockholm Syndrome with Jarrod, here. Apparently he's not psycho enough to be a Keeper. He's just an adrenaline junky. And, you know, a murderer." He stretches, standing up and pacing the length of the room. "I'm getting anxious, Des. We should do something. I'm sick of waiting for the Order."

"Too bad, huh?" Desari murmurs, sleepily nuzzling into her pillow again. She uses it to stifle a yawn, and murmurs, "Murder's a strange thing. I'd almost think Jarrod there would be better off in Temple than the Hunters if the thrill of anything but the capture is gone." She twists a wry smile. Propping herself back up on her hands, she sighs and nods to Lee. "Ronnie hasn't gotten back to me yet. Mikhail said they'd be here. They never came. I don't know what's up..."

"Temple...religious fanatics?" muses Jarrod. "And I don't get it. You're Temple. You're a shifter. I thought they were like the Keepers."

"Wait. What?" Desari snickers. "Religion has nothing to do with it. Well. Honestly I haven't got a clue where the name came from originally, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it." She runs her hands through her hair, and then shrugs over at the bound Jarrod. "We aren't like Keepers. Sometimes we work with them when we have to. But we're here to get rid of the supernatural the right way. Not murdering them all, just... ending the problem at the source."

Desari glances over at Lee as she speaks, and flinches visibly.

Desari thinks; 'Here we go...'

Desari feels apprehension and a sense disjointed sense that, eventually, this was going to come up again and ruin everything, so why not just do it now and get it over with?

Lee tenses visibly. "And then what?" Jarrod asks, noting the other man's discomfort. "You'll just go back to having normal lives? House, kids, day job?" He shakes his head. "Doesn't sound very appealing to me. I don't even know what I'd do with myself if I didn't have the hunt. It's all I've got left." Lee remains silent, intently staring at a scene in Taken where Liam Neeson is killing people.

"But you're not going to have the hunt," Desari says with a shrug, lapsing into an almost sullen silence after that. She pulls out her phone, pressing a few buttons, but she's not really texting. She's not really doing anything at all except for stealing looks over at Lee out of the corner of her eye.

"Hunt's the only thing that makes me feel alive," Jarrod says. "Temple could probably use my skills, but you didn't answer my question... what are you going to do when it's all over?" Lee has set his jaw tightly, his eyes pointedly fixed to the television screen.

"Help people deal with the backlash of it," Desari replies softly, through a clenched jaw. "Because not everyone's going to be able to just go on with their normal lives. Been through it once, for a couple of weeks and saw that for a fact." She pushes to her feet, rubbing a hand over her face and, lingering those fingers against her eyes for a moment. "I'm going to go scout the warehouse. You two have fun talking about how stupid I am."

Neither man has anything to say in the way of reply. Jarrod's expression grows rather smug. Lee is stone faced and simply doesn't respond, like he didn't even hear you. Like you aren't there at all.

There's a definite shift in Desari's eyes as she glares down at Jarrod, with the feline pressing to the forefront. Her lip curls back and hands ball into fists as if she's ready to rip into him, here and now. She doesn't, however. Instead, she turns on her heel and heads for the door. The snarl of a pissed off, feral cat escapes Desari as she lets the door slam shut behind her. She certainly doesn't look back, now, either.

Desari feels that bitterness within surge, quickly stifling the pain of the moment and drowning any flickers of hope that might've been trying to stay alive.

Desari thinks; 'Fucker. I should just go back to Haven and let the bastard try and sort it out on his own. I'm the one who keeps risking her god damned life for ungrateful wretches tha already dumped me on my ass once.'

You leave the Starlite and the two men behind, emotions boiling within you. Following the directions that Jarrod gave you, you maneuver your bike south towards the waterfront. You pass the swank new areas that are subject to the city's most recent urban renewal efforts. You end up in a place just as run down as the one you came from. You are surrounded by blocks and blocks of warehouses, interrupted by the occasional factory, fishery, or some other corroded leftover from a fading age of industry.

Having left her bike a short distance away, hoping to keep from alerting anyone in the area to her presence, the black clad Desari walks quickly, keeping herself to the shadows as she searches each of the buildings she passes for any sign of life, be it sight, sound, or smell, though the latter is probably going to be all sorts of messed up, right now.

South Boston- A Warehouse District

  The area near the pier is a series of run down brick storefronts and blocky

warehouses. Freight trucks are parked at various loading docks. The smell of the ocean hangs heavy in the air. The edges of the area are showing signs of a nascent urban renewal project, with construction vehicles, torn up lots, and the beginnings of new public buildings... but that hasn't spread this far into the district just yet.

It is night, about 37F(2C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

[ ] [ ]

Desari is being all stealthy and investigating things!

Your senses are nearly overwhelmed by the stench. The thickness of the ocean air, the salt, the rust, the smoke and steam from the factories, the rankness from the fisheries... almost unbearable. There is nobody on the street, few lights in any windows. Probably not a safe place to be.

Desari thinks; 'They all leave. They always leave. I knew it wouldn't last but /damn/ him. He can't even try to understand... God it stinks... how the hell am I supposed to find anything? Ugh. I wish I'd punched him, instead.'

Desari twitches her nose, then wrinkles it up. Drawing up the edge of her jacket to try and muffle the smell somewhat, she pads on, drawing nearer to the sorts of warehouses that look as if they might be used for storing people. Animals. Searching for signs of regular traffic, she's cautious about her footsteps, still working on avoiding being seen, but then again she's not here on safe business anyway.

The search seems fruitless. With your keen senses nearly overloaded by the foul air, you are really just wandering around. Most of the places look downright abandoned, many of them driven out to prepare for the coming renovations that will ultimately push the working class even further away. Then suddenly, you notice it. Pay dirt. Exactly the type of place you would be looking for.

South Boston- Before a Warehouse

  Before you is a warehouse. The building is two stories and flanked by other

warehouses. There is an empty parking lot stretching out before the building. The facility itself is surrounded by a chain link fence topped with coils of barbed wire.

Two men loiter near the entrance.

It is night, about 37F(2C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

[ ] [ ]

Desari is being all stealthy and investigating things!

Desari pauses, upon notice of the suspicious building. She studies the presence of the two men at the entrance for a time, before beginning to approach, cautiously. Do they look suspicious? She hesitates again, outside of the fence, making absolutely no effort to enter it, or draw attention to herself. For the moment, she seems inclined just to watch, and listen.

These guys look like muscle or thugs.They chat idly as they apparently guard the door. While the volume of their conversation is low, your acute hearing and supernatural senses manage to pick up what they are saying: "I made five hundred on that falcon," the first one says. "Shoulda doubled down. I'da pulled a grand, for sure." The other guy chuckles. "My money's on the ape. It's gonna rip that bear apart." "Yeah?" The first guy says. "Maybe I should take that action. Put a grand on the ape."

Beneath her breath, Desari hisses out a breath. Her body trembles visibly, were one to actually have pinpointed her in the dark shadows along the exterior of the warehouse fence. Angry with Lee or not, this clearly takes precedence. She turns slightly, hiding the dim light from her phone beneath the loose folds of a jacket as she sends a quick text to him. 'Found a likely place. Guards outside are betting on animal fights. Think this is it...'

You receive a text: OMW. What am I doing with fucktard here?

Desari sends back another silent text. 'Leave him for now. Can't bring him along or he'll alert them. Not sure we can do much tonight, anyway. Was going to case the place first. Be good to have you along.' She sighs, giving the faintest shake of her head at the last sentence, though she sends it without edit, save for adding the street address. Then, she starts to slowly maneuver her way back up the road a ways, so that she can meet up with Lee without alerting anyone. . Lee arrives quickly, dressed in blacks like you. He still seems terse, though he's clearly focused on the task at hand. "Let's do this," he mutters, falling in line behind you.

"Lee..." Desari begins, a pained note in the hushed tones of her voice. But after a moment's hesitation, she twists the ring on her finger, and sighs, straightening up from the faint hunch of he shoulders. "Right then," she says, turning and waving him along as she cautiously leads the way back to where she'd crouched to evesdrop on the guards. They're indicated with a quick gesture, before another is given to suggest the two prowl around towards the rear of the warehouse.

Desari thinks; 'We can fight about this later. Not that there's really much point. He won't even try to understand.'

Lee slides along behind you as the two of you prowl the outside of the chain link fence. While he's not nearly as stealthy as you are (Perhaps the equivalent of Stealth 3), but still more than enough to avoid the notice of the two guards by the door. You make your way around the warehouse, noticing that there is a side entrance. To the rear of the building is a loading dock, shutters open and an empty semi parked here. There look to be five or six guys gathered around the loading dock.

Desari pauses as she notes the collection of men gathered at the loading dock. Glancing back to Lee, she shakes her head. Apparently, even this late at night, that many people gathered around make her think twice about heading towards the other side. She lingers for a moment, hoping to catch wind of any interesting tidbits from their conversation, before gesturing back towards the side door.

The men are talking about moving a boar. "She's fiesty," one of the men says. "I bet DuPree will put in a bid." "I don't know," another says. "Once that cat bitch heals up, he'll probably put in a bid for her. I wouldn't mind taking the boar home, myself." A third chimes in. "Fucking gross, man. These are animals pretending to be people."

Desari bites down on her lip, stifling whatever her rising anger wants to spew out at the disgusting Keepers. She reaches out for Lee's arm, fingers curling into the fabric of his jacket as she tugs him along with her. When they're out of earshot, she leans up to whisper into his ear, "They're... they might be selling them too. Sounded like... females..." She can't even finish explaining where her thoughts have gone, for her words are rasping lower, into that growling fury of earlier, barely kept restrained. "We have to get them out..." Again, she indicates the side door. Can Lee jump fences, or do they need to find another way around?

Lee can leap.

The two of you are easily able to clear the chain link fence with barbed wire coils and land on the other sie. You slip quietly across the concrete to a padlocked side door to the warehouse. There doesn't seem to be anyone around. Assuming she has her tools, Desari ascertains that she could make short work of this lock.

Desari gets a professional lockpick kit from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Desari slips out her tools, which she's rarely without, and with Lee standing by, works quickly to unfasten the padlock. Ear to the door, she listens for a moment to ensure that opening it won't tumble them right into the middle of another group, before they slip inside.

The lock is no match for Desari. No sounds on the other side of the door. You and Lee slip inside...

Boston- Inside a Warehouse The lights are on.

  This warehouse is almost entirely dark, lit only by disc-shaped hanging

lights that throw cold circles of harsh white light onto the dirty floors. Crates and cages are stacked around the perimeter of the building. Some of the cages contain doped up looking animals- birds of prey, big cats, feral-looking canines- other cages contain humans who are naked, filthy, bloody, and drugged.

The sound of workboots echoes through the warehouse. It is being patrolled.

A metal staircase leads up from the main floor to a second floor.

It is night, and about 50F(10C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: A loading dock, Stairs to the second floor, A series of cages

[ ] [ ]

Desari is being all stealthy and investigating things!

You are now running the room.

Desari chews on her lip as she stands near the door, ears keenly peeled for the sound of those boots nearing again. Her gaze is on the cages, though, and she circles around to try and get closer so she can assess their condition without putting herself directly into the light.

With your unparalleled stealth skills, you can do this easily. You're not sure if Lee can pull it off, though. There's a chance he can. Do you trust him and his abilities?

Desari and Lee are in this together. She merely arches an eyebrow at him, and slides him a quick, confident smile. It's up to him, whether he wants to risk the crossing or not, but she's not going to insist he stay back. In the meantime, however, she does tilt her head up, looking for any tell-tale signs of cameras overhead.

No cameras. Lee slips along behind you, doing his best to remain undetected.

Feel free to join a place that you want to investigate. The stairs will actually take you to the second floor.

Desari joins A series of cages.

Along the wall there are six human-sized cages, all padlocked. Each cage contains either a dazed looking animal or a naked, dirty human. The humans are shackled to the bars of their cages, while the animals are chained by an uncomfortable looking leash.

Boston- Inside a Warehouse: Desari's first stop is at the nearest cage to where she and Lee have entered. She pauses for long enough to reach through the bars, checking the pulse and assessing the state of the human within. "Not good..." she mutters to Lee, beneath her breath. "Not good..."

Desari thinks; 'What're they drugged up on? Fuck! We can't count on them to fucking fight with us if they're this far gone. Where's Diego? Jordy? Jean? '

Boston- Inside a Warehouse: They're alive, but heavily sedated. Jordy, Diego, and Jean are not among them.

You clamber up the metal stairs to reach the second floor. The walls consist mostly of broken-out windows. Rusty chains with hooks on them hang from the bare metal rafter beams. Broken glass is everywhere. Some cheap-looking dividers have been used to create a makeshift room of some kind.

There are blood stains on the floor.

Joey is here, handcuffed to one of the hanging hooks. He has been savagely beaten.

Desari joins Stairs to the second floor.

Desari thinks; 'Awww fuck. Dumbass. That's why your phone stopped... '

Desari feels disgusted with the way Joey's been treated, despite his stupid, selfish involvement.

Boston- Inside a Warehouse: Joey needs a hospital. Joey is dying.

Boston- Inside a Warehouse: Desari looks back towards someone, grimacing. Then, she pushes her way up the stairs the rest of the way, and turns towards the dying man. Pulling out her lockpick kit again, she works to free his hands, hissing to Lee, "There's at least eight here at two in the morning, and no sign of Jordy and the others in this area. Let's get this damned unlucky son of a bitch out of here, and figure out what to do next."

Desari thinks; 'Will Mitch know what they were drugged with? Was it just the Etorphine again? If I ran back to Haven, I'm sure I could get more... I've only got one injector on me right now. '

Desari feels frustrated, stifled, and worried as hell.

Desari thinks; 'They're going to know someone's here if we take him. God damn it. I'm not letting someone else die, tonight... but I swear to God, if he crawls back to them, I'm /leaving/ him.'

[Lost this part of the log- Des and Lee escape with Joey and dump him at a nearby emergency room before headed back to the motel room]

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: You and Lee return to the hotel room. The night stand has been smashed and Jarrod is gone. A hastily scribbled note has been left on the bed. Lane immediately tenses and scans the room.

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: Desari snarls yet again, and twists aside as if to run out the door and try to track the hunter down. But the note catches her eye, and she paces over to the bed, snatching it up to read it, instead.

Roxbury, South Boston- A room in the Starlite Motel: Scrawled in blue ink, the handwriting is atrocious- likely because the author was in handcuffs. The pen lies discarded on the bed as well. "know when to hold em know when to fold em good luck saving your people lets never meet again temple jarrod"

End Interlude

Part 3

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Tuesday night, just outside of Boston... the Order and the lone Templar have followed the directions obtained from Greg, the imprinted Keeper. They find themselves on a lonely stretch of road near a run down, abandoned factory. This is the place. Lee is present, taciturn as ever.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Veronica draws closer to Desari, hands well tucked within the front pockets of her jacket. "So, what's the final plan? I managed to acquire a few more drugs" She asks, upnodding her as she nears and looking to Risa. "One more vial of angelborn tears, some street vee. Some more roofies.. Not sure if any of it will be as useful tonight."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "I'm glad you did," Desari says with a wrinkle of her nose. "I was going to run out and pick up some silly things like duct tape, but then faction stuff came up and vassal crap and..." She shrugs, but a smile forms as she sees Risa and Veronica both. "I'm glad you're here."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Approaching alongside to Veronica, this evening Risa is a little more formal and pauses in order to bow in greeting to the Templar. Her attention shifts aside to the tall form of the Swann, and then resettles on the brunette. "...We may wish to secure backup for this part," she murmurs to the others, almost thoughtfully. "It depends on how many there will be. But we can also release the captives." Her voice is kept soft.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari inclines her head back to Risa. "I wasn't able to get in early," she admits to Veronica with a sigh. "So no switching out the blood, I'm afraid... other ideas?" She looks thoughtful at Risa's claim, before frowning. "I'm not sure that we can, without drawing a lot more attention to ourselves."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston

  The highway stretches through the empty countryside. You can see the ocean

in the distance. Ahead of you is an old factory in serious disrepair. A faded red sign by the road reads "ARMSTRONG PLASTICS, INC. Founded 1917."

A large chain link fence surrounds the building, which is two stories tall. Inactive smokestacks stretch upwards into the sky.

The area around the factory is nearly pitch black, backlit by the lights on the side of the highway. You can just make out an entry gate, and beyond it a loading dock.

It is night, about 42F(5C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: Inside the fence

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here. Veronica is standing here. Desari is standing here.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "I think I mentioned to Desari, I'm happy to go in as an entry to this. I can.. adjust the look of my shifted form some to downplay suspicion. Or use skunk to sneak into the cages. See if I can get the shifters present there on side." Veronica says, speaking quietly as she looks between Risa and Desari. "We had an idea to use a ritual on Dupree, the boss.. timed right, it might bring him down and give us the chaos we need to get them out."

Elm Street: Mikhail says to phone I need favor my friend.

Elm Street: Mikhail says to phone Keep an eye on Rob for me, da?

Elm Street: Mikhail says to phone Why not...?

A beaten up 1999 white Jeep sport: Mikhail says to phone ...what has he done?

A beaten up 1999 white Jeep sport: Mikhail says to phone Well..he was as baby kept in Dynasty blood ring.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari nods, looking thoughtful as Veronica explains. "At this point, I'm not sure that anything else we'd hoped for will work," she admits to Veronica. "It's far too late to get into the blood supplies. Which is too bad," she admits, pulling something from her satchel with a wry smile.

Desari gets a bag of blood from many-pocketed black leather satchel.

Desari says, with a faint purr, 'The question is how we're going to get word to each other, if we end up having to separate. If numbers are right, and there are two dozen or so people here... we need to do /something/ to ensure most of them aren't fighting.'

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Lee begins pacing. The group is suddenly alerted to the nearby sound of an approaching vehicle....

Mikhail arrives.

Concealing that; that draps down to his forehead, lined slightly with age and show two prominent eyebrows.

Concealing that; A pronounced nose helps shape his square face as well as even lips that lead down to a clef chin that is mostly appearing to be freshly shaven.

Concealing that; Underneath those thick brows are two eyes that are light brown in color giving many of his expressions perhaps a gentler feel.

Mikhail wears a thin white mask.

Mikhail puts on a mask to become A short yet stocky man wearing a thin white face mask.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Said vehicle is quickly recognizable as Mikhail's jeep, which drives up near where the rest of you have parked your vehicles.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Veronica reaches into her bag and pulls out a variety of vials and drugs, offering them out to Desari. Not suspicious at all. A hooded person handing over drugs outside of a factory. "How is your hearing Desari?"

Veronica gets a small glass vial filled with blood and labeled V.Swann from leather, crossbody bag.

Veronica gets a vial of liquid from leather, crossbody bag.

Veronica gets a small vial of rohypnol from leather, crossbody bag.

Veronica gets a small vial of rohypnol from leather, crossbody bag.

Veronica gives a small vial of rohypnol to Desari.

Veronica gives a small vial of rohypnol to Desari.

Veronica gives a vial of liquid to Desari.

Veronica gives a small glass vial filled with blood and labeled V.Swann to Desari.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: As Mikhail pulls up into the jeep, he looks into the mask with bloodshot eyes as he shakes his head slowly, "I hate the fact we are one again." he mumurs to the thin thing as he pulls out his cellphone and looks at it.

Mikhail types a message out on their phone. Veronica gets a tiny, paper-thin square from leather, crossbody bag.

Veronica gives a tiny, paper-thin square to Desari.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: After a few moments, Mikhail opens up the door as he slips out of the jeep and dons his mask letting out a ragged exhale.

Mikhail feels sober, and you know a part of you hates it.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Keen as ever," Desari replies, as those vials find their way into pockets and her satchel once again. She eyes the one with Veronica's name on it, very curiously before tucking it away too. Glancing over at someone, she asks, "Is something wrong?"

Mikhail types a message out on their phone.

Mikhail thinks; 'I only wanted to be a good seeker for the order. Funny what this mask ended up meaning to me. I wonder if they'll ever learn about what I have done?'

Mikhail feels unsure, but still unsteady as you approach the crew.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "...I am uncertain what you want me to do. Do they have identities for all of us?" Risa wonders to the others, standing nearby and looking up at someone as he approaches. She gives him a shallow bow, before looking off at the nearby factory. "But I can go in as a ghost. And see what I can open up for us. And possess key targets."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail slowly trudges over towards the group as he nods his head, "Comrades." he offers in soft greetings.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "If we can come up with some basic signals, we might be able to get word to each other... Though what Risa suggests might be better." Veronica says, keeping her tone low and up-nodding Mikhail as he nears.

Desari says (to Risa), with a faint purr, 'Can you use rituals as a ghost?'

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Yes. But I only have one unit of blood, and then my innate ability to cast something as a spirit does," Risa says to Desari pensively as she watches the other woman. A small nod is offered to Veronica afterwards, and then she continues, "I will be out of contact, once I am in spirit form, most likely. But I will be watchful."

Veronica says (to Desari), with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'Can you get Greg to get me in the fighting cages? Or think it's best I see if I can sneak in as Skunk... depending on how small the gaps in the bars are.'

Veronica gets a dark red, round crystal from leather, crossbody bag.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Veronica hesitates just for a second, before handing a crystal over to Risa. "If you need it."

Veronica gives a dark red, round crystal to Risa.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Blinking, Risa reaches out to take the crystal from Veronica before bowing her head to the woman. The crystal is pocketed, and she says after, "I will not use it unless I must. Ideally, I would be able to get in and stab a few naturals... but as a ghost I do not believe that will work."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari pulls out her phone, murmuring, "I can try to get ahold of him. But it's better if we run into him in person, anyway. I don't think my desires will convey well over the phone." She sighs, then suggests to Veronica, "I could always carry you in and open a cage for you if they're not too heavily guarded. It might be easier for you to do it alone though."

\Before a Factory Outside of Boston

  The highway stretches through the empty countryside. You can see the ocean

in the distance. Ahead of you is an old factory in serious disrepair. A faded red sign by the road reads "ARMSTRONG PLASTICS, INC. Founded 1917."

A large chain link fence surrounds the building, which is two stories tall. Inactive smokestacks stretch upwards into the sky.

The area around the factory is nearly pitch black, backlit by the lights on the side of the highway. You can just make out an entry gate, and beyond it a loading dock.

It is night, about 42F(5C) degrees, and there are a few dark grey stormclouds in the sky. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: Inside the fence

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here. Desari is standing here. Mikhail is standing here. Veronica is standing here.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "So, I'll go skunk. I should be able to slip in. Risa can ghost it up, check out as well what kind of guards they have there. If there's few enough, then maybe you guys can take them out and we can ..." Veronica muses thoughtfully, her words fading as she stares off towards the warehouse. "First goal is to get the shifters out. Second, if we get a chance, we take out Dupree."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: The first thing the group will have to do is get through the tall chain link fence. For a ghost, this will be easy. For those with supernatural leaping ability it's not a problem. For the rest, you'll have to do something about it.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail nods his head as his hands move to the back of his neck as he rubs it gently, as he grunts as he looks over the fence with a raise of his brow.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "We can always start a panic, if necessary," Desari murmurs. "Some smoke," she says, glancing at someone. "Someone yelling fire from the crowd. It usually works." She shrugs and says, "Last resort, I suppose. Let's see what we can do here." She waves to the fence, then murmurs, "Anyone not able to jump it?"

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari looked at Mikhail.

Veronica says (to Desari), with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'I have a crazy idea..'

Desari says, with a faint purr, 'Mmm? '

Veronica says (to Desari), with a husky and soft feminine tone, 'How do you feel about a rematch?'

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Falling quiet for now, Risa mostly allows the others to take the lead and discuss.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari wrinkles her nose. "You'll kick my ass again and they'll make you kill me," she points out with a shake of her head. Drawing in a heavy sigh, she murmurs, "Why? What do you have in mind?"

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Da, might work." Mikhail offers towards Veronica, as his tone sounds surprisingly subdued for right now as his breathing appears to be carefully controlled.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Greg gets us in as the first billing and we stall, make it last a long while. Play the crowd, fake it. Make it something they can't keep their eyes off. Enough time for the others to get the shifters out. Towards the end, have someone set off a fire alarm or smoke or something. We take out Dupree in the panic." Veronica says, looking towards Risa and Mikhail, before returning focus back to Desari. "Told you, crazy."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "I do not believe that it would work," Risa says to the others a little doubtfully, her head shaking minutely. Straightening, she gestures towards the factory and then says, "Those are trained hunters. Killers. They will know if you are faking. Especially as they have seen many of these fights already... and their 'top billing' is a bear and werewolves."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari licks her lips, slowly looking over at Lee, then Mikhail, and finally Risa. "They were awfully excited about pairing your cheetah with another cat. Probably Jean... the problem is, I'll lose any sway I have over Greg when I shift. I won't be able to count on him not to... give us up."

Desari says, with a faint purr, 'Top billing... that fight usually goes last. If it was first, the less interesting fights wouldn't have the appeal. But... ugh. We just don't know enough. I'll go in, see if I can find Greg...'

Mikhail feels the subtle undercurrent of anger building within your chest, you've been sober for far too long and you know it.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "...I believe I am returning to the trunk," Risa says as she looks over to Mikhail's jeep, seeming resigned on that note.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Okay, so I fight the other cat then. Not like it'll be any match for me. Still can distract. Just need to make sure I get first billing yeah?" Veronica lifts her shoulders up in a shrug and looks to the fence.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Dog will protect you." Mikhail offers towards Risa briefly as he resumes his breathing and his eyes continue to scan the fence.

Once a character clears the fence, you can join the 'inside' place.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari winces. She looks from Veronica to someone again and says, "Let me go see if I can find Greg first. We need more information before we can decide on anything like this..."

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Going over to the trunk, Risa pops it before climbing in and slamming the lid down, making herself comfortable next to the bull terrier... Which probably soon uses her as a pillow while she passes out. Shortly after, the spirit slips out and towards the fence, glancing at her present compatriots and then continuing.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail's dog, Comrade Woof-woof totally uses her as a pillow, like the good dog she is.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "I'll shift to skunk, come with you and Mikhail. Just tell me what you want me to do once you work it out in there.." Veronica says, and then she two steps back and slips into the back of the car. She shifts there, and when she takes her animal form, she shakes off the clothes and steps down and spends a few seconds rolling in the grass and dirt, blacking herself up before padding after Desari

A mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes turns into Veronica.

look veronica a small, boldly marked spotted skunk facing right

She looks to be an approximately 5.0 pound(2.0 KG) Mephitidae.

Not much longer than a half-foot in length, this western spotted skunk is smaller than most with twin boldly striped black and creamy white running down the center of the back. Patches of a more pure white mark the head between the two short and rounded ears, and she has a gloriously large and long haired black and white tail.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail nods his head as he wraps an arm around Desari, "Ready?" he asks her, no gentleness in his tone this time.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "But..." Desari growls in aggravation. It's hard to have a conversation with a skunk. "You can't sneak," she says to someone. "Can you? I was just going to go in, /alone/ and find Greg. Then we could come back out to you and plan this thing better. Fuck." Frustration etches her features, but she shrugs and looks over at someone, asking, "Can you jump this fence or do we needa nother way in?" A sigh, then, "Sure... Ready, I guess."

Desari thinks; 'Why are you /touching/ me?'

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she can move without making a single sound.(4)

Desari feels aggravated, both at the unasked for physical contact and more so at the utter lack of anything like a cohesive plan.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Lee looks down at the skunk. "For real," he says to himself. "Let me guess: I have to pick up the skunk and jump over the fence with it?" He looks up and over at Desari. "You get the Russian, and I get the skunk?"

Risa joins Inside the fence.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail's arm tightens around Desari as he picks her up with a firemans cradle as he approches the fence he tries to listen for any nearby movement.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Looks like," Desari replies with a faint twist of her lips. However, as she's lifted off her feet, she offers a faint, startled sort of sound and just sort of falls silent.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Veronica dashes over to poor Lee, her white patches are more muted grey now with the dirt that's been rolled in amongst her fur. She climbs up the side of someone' leg and across his back, claws digging in and attempting to hold on, carried or ont.

Desari thinks; 'He's utterly not paid attention one night, in all of this... whatever. I'm done trying to reason with them, right now.'

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "Ow, Christ!" Lee hisses as the skunk digs into his back. He shoots Desari murder eyes for a moment. "Let's just get this over with," he mutters. Crouching down, he takes to the air, clearing the fence and landing in a graceless squat on the other side.

On the other side of the fence, you can see the building a bit clearer, including the fact that some of the windows are lit by harsh white lights - someone's paying the electric bill. The loading dock has two semi-trucks parked, trailers facing the shutters. Both are presently closed.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "What?" Desari sputters, before sighing yet again.

"Skunk duty," is Lee's reply, trying to let Veronica down as quickly as possible.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: After a few moments to make sure nobody is on the otherside, Mikhail bends down and leaps over the fence as he carries Desari.

Mikhail joins Inside the fence.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Veronica drops down from Lee's back, landing on the ground and giving herself a shake off. She gives Lee a lengthy glare, her tail curling over her back.

Veronica joins Inside the fence.

Desari joins Inside the fence.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: While the others are griping or getting clawed by skunks, Risa is continuing on towards the factory without fear. It's unlikely she's going to encounter many mediums, afterall. They're not even that prominent in the supernatural community. Whenever she reaches the wall, she steps right through it.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor

  The inside of the factory is bare. Some rusting industrial molds sit idly,

as do conveyor belts that have long since fallen into disuse. Some of the tall, frosted windows have had glass broken partially or entirely out of them. Some have empty birds' nests.

The room is lit only by two low-hanging halogen lights, creating a circle of illumination surrounded by shadows that suggest hulking machinery.

On the far end of the room, you can just make out an elevator, and next to it a door marked E/IT, the paint peeling and cracked.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Extra: rusted out machinery, old safety sign Places: The elevator, Door marked E/IT Dynamic Places: Inside the fence

[ ] [ ]

Risa is at Inside the fence

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari is quick to find her feet again, offering Mikhail, "Thanks." She follows the same path as the ghost she cannot see, though she's merely intent on peering through windows, for now, to see what she can see.

You slip through the wall, no problem. You find there is very little light to see by in this room, but you can make out some of the details. This floor appears to be utterly abandoned.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail nods his head as he tilts his head around his neck giving a loud crack as he moves towards the door, trying to keep eyes out for any guards.

Luckily for Risa, she can see in the dark as a ghost pretty much perfectly. She pauses just beyond and listens to the surrounding area, tipping her head towards the room at large and remaining very still.

You remain still, and hear nothing but silence. There doesn't appear to be anyone on the production floor. You can see that Desari is peeking in through one of the windows. No sign of the others yet.

Hearing nothing, Risa continues on through in search of a stairway or an elevator or something. Though the ghostly form could technically just go up or down if she wished it, she isn't sure what she'd find. Or how she'd be able to return to this point.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari pads back to the rest, sighing softly. "Looks like it's downstairs, in a basement or something," she murmurs to the group. "There's an elevator and a door marked 'Exit', but the room's empty."

It looks like there's an elevator ahead, as well as perhaps an exit door. As a spirit, you do have the option of just phasing through the ceiling or floor...

Once she's found the elevator, Risa actually does just jump and go up through the ceiling. She's agile enough in this form to do so, even if she can't accomplish the feats of agility that some of her companions might.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail nods his head slowly as he trudges back towards Desari as he makes his way over towards the the exit. "This one empty?" he asks with a raise of his brow.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: "I didn't see a single sign of people in there," Desari replies. "But we should go in cautiously, just in case."

The elevator appears to be completely unsafe to use, cables threadbare and mechanisms rusted. Good thing you don't need things like that. You drift up to the second floor... The elevator appears to be completely unsafe to use, cables threadbare and mechanisms rusted. Good thing you don't need things like that. You drift up to the second floor...

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Desari looks from Lee to Mikhail, and then nods. "We'll at least go in carefully," she says yet again, heading for the door.

Before a Factory Outside of Boston: Mikhail nods his head over towards Desari as he pressed his back by the door as he waits for her to open it before he enters.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: You enter the production floor. Nobody is here. You're not sure if the spirit of Risa is present or not. Silence and decay pervade the area.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: Desari tilts her head, then waves the group in behind her. Ears and eyes alert, she leads them directly to the door that should be an 'exit', after but a cursory glance at the elevator. "Noise coming from back here," she says in a mere whisper.

Veronica leaves her place.

Desari leaves her place.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor

  The inside of the factory is bare. Some rusting industrial molds sit idly,

as do conveyor belts that have long since fallen into disuse. Some of the tall, frosted windows have had glass broken partially or entirely out of them. Some have empty birds' nests.

The room is lit only by two low-hanging halogen lights, creating a circle of illumination surrounded by shadows that suggest hulking machinery.

On the far end of the room, you can just make out an elevator, and next to it a door marked E/IT, the paint peeling and cracked.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Extra: rusted out machinery, old safety sign Places: The elevator, Door marked E/IT Dynamic Places: Inside the fence

[ ] [ ]

Veronica is standing here. Desari is standing here. Mikhail is at Inside the fence

A Burned-Out Factory- Administrative Floor

  The stairs lead up to a pretty bare floor filled with pre-fab cubicles. The

room is lit only by moonlight. Without a light source, it's nothing more than shadows with the outlines of the windows visible.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Places: Cubicles, An enclosed office, The elevator, The stairwell

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here.

This floor, too, seems to be abandoned. You see no signs of life.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: Mikhail nods his head over towards Desari as he pulls his shorter blade free, "Human?" he asks with a low murmur as he shifts to keep out of direct eye sight when the door first opens.

Returning to the elevator, Risa checks the list of floors to plot her next move.

The elevator has three selections: 1, 2, and B.

Once she's investigated the elevator, Risa drops back down to the first level.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor

  The inside of the factory is bare. Some rusting industrial molds sit idly,

as do conveyor belts that have long since fallen into disuse. Some of the tall, frosted windows have had glass broken partially or entirely out of them. Some have empty birds' nests.

The room is lit only by two low-hanging halogen lights, creating a circle of illumination surrounded by shadows that suggest hulking machinery.

On the far end of the room, you can just make out an elevator, and next to it a door marked E/IT, the paint peeling and cracked.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Extra: rusted out machinery, old safety sign Places: The elevator, Door marked E/IT

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here. Veronica is standing here. Desari is standing here. Mikhail is standing here.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: "Me? Yes. I think better on two feet," Desari murmurs, running a hand through her hair. "We need to find the cages first, if at all possible. Greg, as a second alternative. Pressing a flat palm to the door, she works to gingerly ease it open, hoping to avoid any awful creakings."

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: "Me? Yes. I think better on two feet," Desari murmurs, running a hand through her hair. "We need to find the cages first, if at all possible. Greg, as a second alternative." Pressing a flat palm to the door, she works to gingerly ease it open, hoping to avoid any awful creakings. (grumble)

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: Veronica, catching the scent of something, starts to nose around some of the rusted out machinery, she looks up at one of the signs as she moves past it, making a low chitter like noise, but ultimately doesn't linger, making her way over to Mikhail.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: As Desari opens the door, it lets out a quick squeal of protest. Luckily she's dextrous enough to minimize the sound, but sound there is regardless. It doesn't seem to be immediately noticed, and it opens into a stark gunmetal gray staircase that leads both up and down. There doesn't seem to be anyone in the stairwel. A faint commotion can be heard coming from downstairs, barely audible even to those with advanced hearing capabilities.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: Risa drops down onto the main level from above and stops as she spots the group, making her unseen way over to them. There's only a moment's hesitation as she looks at Desari, before continuing down the stairs to scout ahead and check for guards.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: Mikhail's brow twitches as he moves to follow Desari, keeping his back to the wall when he can as he slowly slips his smaller blade back into it's scabbard.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: "The noise is coming from downstairs. Where are we checking first?" Desari asks, looking back to Lee and someone. "I assume the cages are down there too but...?"

summon risa Risa arrives.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level

  At the bottom of the stairs is a cold concrete floor and a bare concrete

walled hallway stretching before you. Flickering, harsh neon lights hang from the ceiling. Ahead of you the hallway turns right and left, with a door at the very end.

There is quite a ruckus coming from the place where the hallways turns left. It sounds like a lot of shouting and growling.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here.

Risa doesn't go too far down the stairs ahead of the group. She merely checks out the stairs and for any guards.

Nobody in this hallway.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: "I will follow your lead, should things get dicey, retreat. I will cover your flank." Mikhail tells Desari plainly as he looks around the area, his expression curious behind the mask.

At the bottom, Risa looks back up towards the group before proceeding further inwards. Towards the sound of shouts and growling beyond this corridor.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: "They'll never forgive me if I do, you know," Desari murmurs before turning to head slowly down the stairs. "Have you heard from Risa? I wonder if she wanted us to wait, or if she's just coming if there's something important..." A second step follows the first, as she cautiously leads her slight weight downwards, one stair at a time to ensure that any creaking is kept to a minimum, especially as they grow nearer the bottom.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: Veronica slips through the door, and starts to make her way down the stairs. Trying to keep to what shadows she can, but even if she is seen? She's just a scavenging skunk covered in a lot of dirt.

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: Desari says 'Door '

A Burned-Out Factory- Production Floor: "There is time to earn forgiveness later, my friend." Mikhail replies easily enough as he continues to follow Desari as he keeps his brow raised high before he shakes his head, "Nyet, not yet."

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "I haven't left anyone behind, and I'm not starting tonight," Desari says, as she inches her way down the stairs, ears and eyes straining to determine what she's coming up against at the bottom of the stairwell. As they reach it, she tilts her head cautiously to peer around the corner in both directions.

Veronica moves to door.

Mikhail joins door.

Veronica leaves her place.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: The door at the end of the hallways is big, gray, and metal. It has a narrow, blacked out window no more then three inches wide. There is a CAUTION sign on it warning of electrical hazard. To your left you hear what sounds like an excited crowd.

Desari says in a low voice, 'This is weird. Be extra careful okay? Maybe I'm paranoid, but a place like this, doing this sort of thing /should/ have guards. Lots of guards. Hell, even mundane dogfights post guards...'

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Veronica lifts her black nose to the air, ears a twitching as she tries to catch the sounds and scents coming from around the corner in the hallway. Slinking along, keeping her body low and against the ground as she moves slowly forward.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: A look at the door from further down the corridor and away from the main group, and Risa goes to phase through it and into the next room. Venturing into the area where all of the noise is originating from.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari holds up a hand to the group after that warning, and slips down the hallway towards the door on the right-hand side. As she gets closer, she drops to the ground, attempting to catch any hint of noise coming from beneath the door.

Desari thinks; 'I doubt they're keeping anything in here, but weird that it's all blocked off like this... why black out an electrical room's windows?'

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level

  At the bottom of the stairs is a cold concrete floor and a bare concrete

walled hallway stretching before you. Flickering, harsh neon lights hang from the ceiling. Ahead of you the hallway turns right and left, with a door at the very end.

There is quite a ruckus coming from the place where the hallways turns left. It sounds like a lot of shouting and growling.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Dynamic Places: door

Veronica is standing here. Mikhail is at door Desari is standing here. Risa is standing here.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari hums softly to herself, but pushes back to her feet with a shrug. "Sounds like electrical equipment," she murmurs as she rejoins Mikhail and Veronica. "So... I guess we go up, or we go in..." Her anxiety is clearly growing as she glances towards the door from which the noise emanates.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: You can go left and right, too. The commotion comes from the left.

Mikhail wears a simple headlamp.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Risa goes left.

Risa arrives.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena

  This appears to have once been a boiler room. The edges of the room are

cloaked in shadow, with a large ring of light beaming down to illuminate a makeshift arena made from chain link fence, about the size of a professional wrestling ring.

Bleachers have been set up here, and the spaces between them contain numerous coolers, some open and obviously filled with beer bottles.

The room stinks of blood and death. Blood splatters the floor of the arena.

The room currently has a cheering crowd of men- nearly 30. Some of them are armed with rifles.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here.

afk Emoting Alchemy goes AFK. (Emoting)

afk AFK mode removed. No tells to replay.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "That's not a bad idea," Desari says, eyes gleaming at Mikhail's suggestion. She hesitates though, in the midst of reaching for her tools, should they be needed. "Do you know enough to do that without blowing yourself and all of us sky high?"

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "Bash until it breaks." Mikhail tells Desari with a firm nod of his head as he continues to trudge towards the electric noise.

Chaos- You enter the room and find blood sport. In the arena, the man in the balaclava is fighting a large, reddish colored wolf. The wolf is circling the man, who is wearing a lack armored vest and wields a large baseball bat with thick nails pounded into it and a small bit of barbed wire wrapped around the shaft. The wolf is limping.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "With something not-metal," Desari warns, chewing on her lip as she walks back over to open the door for Mikhail.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari says 'Try to... bash quietly. '

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Veronica keeps pace with Mikhail, never too far from his side. And when he approaches the door, she of course does too. Though with a bit more caution, frequently halting and lifting her nose to the air and sniffing, with nostrils quivering and ears that perk and twitch as she listens.

The men cheer. One of them throws a beer bottle that shatters against the chain link fence, spraying beer and broken glass into the arena. The wolf yelps in surprise and sidles back, barely avoiding a swing from the Keeper.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena

  This appears to have once been a boiler room. The edges of the room are

cloaked in shadow, with a large ring of light beaming down to illuminate a makeshift arena made from chain link fence, about the size of a professional wrestling ring.

Bleachers have been set up here, and the spaces between them contain numerous coolers, some open and obviously filled with beer bottles.

The room stinks of blood and death. Blood splatters the floor of the arena.

The room currently has a cheering crowd of men- nearly 30. Some of them are armed with rifles.

It is night, and about 55F(12C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

[ ] [ ]

Risa is standing here.

Feeling kind of evil as she is wont to do in circumstances such as this, Risa makes her way down into the ring and towards the man facing the wolf. She's quick about it, especially considering the situation, and approaches the human of the fighting duo.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "It safe?" Mikhail asks Veronica as he shifts in his stance slightly letting out a small exhale as he puts his hand onto the door.

Risa feels like she's almost certainly going to kill someone, here... but she's hesitant to do it in the ring. Of course, the wolf might be killed even so. Better to give him or her a fighting chance.

As you approach, the wolf actually looks up at you, surprised- this momentary distraction earns her a baseball bat to the skull. There is a sickening crunch.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "How would I know?" Desari asks, sounding agitated. She looks back over to the left-hand door, then shakes her head. "Fuck. They're dying in there and there's nothing I can do. Risa's not helping. The skunk can't do anything yet. God damn it..." She pops open the door, with her lockpicks if necessary, and then steps back to let Mikhail do what he wants to do while she paces back to the stairwell.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "I suspect they have a generator." Mikhail calls over towards Desari as he slips into the power room, keeping his eyes open for anything around him.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari sighs raggedly. "Probably. Well fuck then. Now what?"

Risa thinks; '...Damn.'

The wolf crumples with a yelp, It's skull is cracked. One eye dangles partially from it's broken socket. It lets out an agonized braying sound, not quite right, wobbly. "KILL," comes the chant. "KILL. KILL. KILL." The mean turns around, sticking his middle finger in the air and waving it at the crowd. "Whose next, motherfucker?!" The man screams. "Who's fucking next?" He paces toward the fallen wolf, balancing the bat in his hands.

private Desari You hear a distant scream: "Who's next, motherfuckers?! Who's next?!" The sound of the crowd becomes a feverish chant: Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill....

But then, Risa is stepping into the man and melding with him, her ghostly essence taking over his body. At that point, she wrestles for control of his arms, aiming to draw them up high and slam that bat forward down against the ground. His entire weight is thrust into it, aiming to send him toppling prone onto the flooring next to the badly beaten wolf.

private veronica You hear a distant scream: "Who's next, motherfuckers?! Who's next?!" The sound of the crowd becomes a feverish chant: Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill....

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari thinks; 'They're all going to die while I'm stuck out here with moron and a skunk. God damn it.'

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari and Veronica hear a distant scream: "Who's next, motherfuckers?! Who! Is! Next?!" The cheer of the crowd becomes rhythmic, a chant. Des and Veronica can make it out: Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.... Mikhail opens the door to find some rusty dangerous looking electrical equipment.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Veronica looks up to Desari and then looks sharply down towards the corridor to the left and the shouts that way, taking a couple of heistant steps in that direction. She lets out a low chittering sound and quickens her pace.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Mikhail nods his head as he grunts as his eyes move over towards the wiring as he examines the rusty equipment as he tries to find an wire, "The point is they won't be able to support this entire building on a generator."

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "I don't have a clue what all that..." Desari begins, before she twists about, eyes on that door, wide and feral, with feline pupils visible as she snarls. "Fuck this," she declares, fisting her hands at her sides as she trembles in that dangerous adrenaline rush of blended fear and anger. She turns to head off after the skunk. "Hurry," she adds. "We have to stop this before anyone else dies."

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari feels a surge of guilt, amidst the anger and helpless frustration.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari thinks; 'I can't do this by myself. God damn it. HURRY UP.'

The man in the balaclava circles around the wolf, which shivers on the floor. "Regenerate that, you mangy bitch," he says, spitting on the creature. Meanwhile, cages near the arena are rolled up on wheels. It looks like there is a man in one, and an ape in the other.

But then, Risa is stepping into the man and melding with him, her ghostly essence taking over his body. At that point, she wrestles for control of his arms, aiming to draw them up high and slam that bat forward down against the ground. His entire weight is thrust into it, aiming to send him toppling prone onto the flooring next to the badly beaten wolf.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "Nyet, nyet, nyet." Mikhail mutters as he searches the equipment for an off switch or level of some kind.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Mikhail thinks; 'Come on, emergency shut off.'

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Desari sighs.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Hmm...not that one...not that one... the labels are all gone.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "Oh...fuck me." Mikhail mutters, as he tries to step back from the machine, looking to see any connecting lines.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Metal pipes run up and down from the boxes, perhaps encasing the wires.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena

  This appears to have once been a boiler room. The edges of the room are

cloaked in shadow, with a large ring of light beaming down to illuminate a makeshift arena made from chain link fence, about the size of a professional wrestling ring.

Bleachers have been set up here, and the spaces between them contain numerous coolers, some open and obviously filled with beer bottles.

The room stinks of blood and death. Blood splatters the floor of the arena.

The room currently has a cheering crowd of men- nearly 30. Some of them are armed with rifles.

In the arena, the man with the balaclava stands over a badly beaten werewolf with a baseball bat adorned with nails and barbed wire.

Two cages have been wheeled up to the arena on either side. One has a man in it, one has an ape. Several more cages are at the back of the room on rollers, but their occupants are hidden by shadows and the squirming motion of the manic crowd.

Veronica is standing here. Desari is standing here. Risa is standing here. It is night, and about 50F(10C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: "Fuck it." Mikhail mutters, as he makes his way to the side of the wall as he searches for the breaker boxes, clearly not an electrical expert.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: "KILL. KILL. KILL." Boos begin to come from the crowd . Suddenly, the man raises the bat over his head and smashes it as hard as he can into the concrete floor next to the weerewolf. It shatters into jagged fragments of wood and metal. The force of the blow is enough to topple him, landing next to the wolf. The creature, however, seems too addled from it's cracked skull to do much of anything but lay there and shiver.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: You will recognize the man in he arena as the man with the balaclava. He's still wearing it.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Whether it is a good idea or not, probably not, but Veronica is making her way towards that central area. Her small body ducking and weaving and trying to keep low and out of sight. She quickens her pace, intending to take herself into the midst of it all, and at least provide some kind of distraction.

Risa feels incredibly disappointed that the werewolf is too injured to finish this guy off.

Risa thinks; '... A different option, maybe. Have him stab himself... but it will take much energy to do so... Probably not the best idea.'

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: The little skunk is easily lost in the dim and the din. The crowd's eyes are upon the arena, confused, disappointed by the momentary lack of carnage.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: The boxes are locked. Certainly there are breakers inside...right?

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Desari hisses softly, watching the skunk head out there. "God above, I hope you know what you're doing. Without the fucking ritual," she breathes, counting on insanely good hearing from the little beast. "Be careful." She moves around through the crowd, steps light, posture as natural as possible in the throng of raving men, working her way back around to where the cages are.

private desari You see Vicky Ryan in the stands. Her eyes are fixed on the fallen werewolf, but... is she crying?

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Mikhail places his finger under the plastic latch that connects the door to the lock as he rips on it meaning to pull it off quickly.

atemote Mikhail SNAP.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: Mikhail nods his head as he drops the door moving as quick as he can to any of the other doors, as he looks around for the toggles bigger then the others at the top, likely looking for the master one.

Mikhail texts Desari: Killing the breakers, get ready.

 As Desari walks nearer, she pauses, eyeing a woman in the stands curiously. Then, casually, she walks over towards her, still attempting to stay out of anyone in particular's

eyesight as she watches the woman, assessing the situation and the woman's emotional state. Is she actually crying?

private Desari She is. She looks stricken. She has something crumpled in her hand. A photograph?

And yup, Veronica keeps on going, heading through the crowd and eventually making her way out into the central arena, approaching the fallen form of the wolf and eyeing up the man.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Desari walks the rest of the distance to the woman, sliding an arm around her shoulders in that same casual manner. "Hey Vicky," she says, voice a soft purr amidst the crowd of voices. "You remember me, right? But this isn't what I was expecting at all..." She tilts her head, trying to catch sight of that picture in her hand. "Looks like you could use a friend. What's wrong?"

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: The little skunk works her way under the chain link and enters the arena. At this point, the man in the balaclava isn't paying any attention. He rolls the werewolf onto it's back and locks his hands around it's throat. Instead of choking it, he raises her head, clearly intending to smash it against the concrete floor. The Keepers, Hunters, and assorted sociopaths in the stands let out a hoot of approval. Meanwhile, several Keepers surround the cage with the ape, using electrical prods to rouse it, bellowing, from it's likely sedated slumber.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: With a roll of Mikhail' shoulders, he reaches upwards and he hits the master breaker, and unless he's interrupted he tries to tear it out of the box.

Once there, Veronica begins her shift into her feline skin. As a master of shapeshifting, she's no doubt skilled at it, and is little more than a fast blur, black and white blending into tan and black as she takes on the king cheetah form. And once she does, she issues a clear challenge to the man as she leans towards him, intending to try block or stop him from killing the wolf on the ground.

A small, boldly marked spotted skunk turns into Veronica.

A Burned-Out Factory- Basement Level: The metal tears free with a hideous shriek, plunging you into complete darkness.

Desari thinks; 'Ah shit, Ronnie...'

Desari thinks; 'Hurry the fuck up, Mikhail!'

The room plunges into darkness.

The man might find it hard to kill the werewolf, even though she's thoroughly felled, considering Risa's influence. As he raises her head to slam it into the ground, his hands cease working, fingers releasing. At that point, the ghostly woman looks up as the lights go out, and then tilts her head.

 Mikhail's fingers move to his headlamp as he flicks it on and starts his trudge out of the   power room, moving to high tail it towards the others. 

The situation- The room is completely black. Risa, unbeknownst to anyone else, is inside balaclava. Ronnie is in front of balaclava trying to keep him fro mkilling the werewolf. Desari is in the bleachers with a girl Keeper. Mikhail is stepping out of the electrical room and is actually in the hallway.

Risa thinks; '...Thirty or so Keepers. Thirty or so Keepers. What are you doing, Veronica!?'

"Nyet." Mikhail mutters, as he stops from heading towards the arena as he starts to move towards the otherside, going the route untaken by the rest of the group and himself.

Hallway- Shots ring out, aimed at Mikhail's headlamp. The first one misses, the second one punctures his coat but deflects off the mesh weave underneath. It smarts, but the armor does it's job. Meanwhile, in the arena room...

And of course, the lights go out just seconds after Veronica shifts. But thankfully she can see in the dark, and thankfully has no problems with locating the man in the arena with her. Unless anything is done to stop her, she's using a very typical cheetah tactic of running him down and going for his throat.

 "The werewolf?" Desari suggests. But she tenses almost immediately at the sounds of gunfire, and the lights going off. "Stay where you are, Vicky, it's going to get bad. Or if you want to /help/, let's get these poor shifters out of here. We'll save the wolf if we can, I promise. My friends are down there already. But I've gotto move." She jumps into action, leaping from step to step through the bleachers for the arena and, again, the cages nearby. 


		Stat Report:Veronica
	she fight with tooth and claw like a bestial god.

private Desari Are you going for the cage with the man- Greg- the cage with the ape - attended by several Keepers with electrical prods- or the cages along the back wall, presently unattended but a little farther away?

Mikhail's teeth grit as he lowers his body and continues to charge forward towards the shooting, moving his body in a zig zagged pattern he brings both of his blades free, as he's clearly ready to strike.

Risa feels like she wishes that she had her weapons. Not for the first time the past week...

Mikhail wields his Shashka.

Mikhail slips a LG Optimus F60 into his black duster pocket.

Mikhail unsheathes his Pioneer's Short Sword.

Desari will try to use the dark to her advantage and head towards the unattended cages.

Even as the cheetah charges towards the man in the balaclava, and Risa inside of him, the ghost wrenches him to the side and towards the concrete floor. Not really to get away from the cheetah, who moves so quickly she can barely see, but to knock him off of the wolf.

A bestial god, Veronica rips straight through the armor and wounds the guy pretty badly, the scent of blood filling her feline nostrils. Risa is keeping the man from defending

Desari is moving towards the cages.

Veronica moves to within the arena.

Mikhail charges the Keepers in the dark. His beam illuminates them as he streaks toward them. Their rifles flash. He zigzags, taking another bullet to the chest, but only one to the six or seven rounds that buzz down the hall at him. The armor holds, but he does feel the impact of the round.

Desari glances quickly into the cages as she nears, assessing the state of the captives within. Are any healthy and awake enough to risk freeing now?

Cage 1: Two werewolves, sedated. Cage two: a bull mastiff, sedated. Cage 3: two nasty looking birds of prey, not sedated but leashed to the bars. Cage 4... a Kodiak bear, sedated.

Risa joins within the arena.

Mikhail's teeth grit as his eyes go bloodshot at the impact of the second round as he leaps onto the first shooter, barreling the long blade down onto the man with an almost lethal intention as he tries to shift him with his sword between the second shooter and himself.

Veronica doesn't let up in her assault on the man, trying to capitalise on her first attack, she strikes again, clearly not intending to let him get out of there with his life.

 Letting Veronica shred the now-subdued Keeper that she'd been inhabiting, Risa instead switches and melds into the badly injured wolf. It's very likely a heavily unpleasant

experience for the fallen supernatural canine, but the ghost is soon forcing her to her feet and to drag herself somewhere that offers an out of the way spot. And hopefully cover.

"Fuck," Desari hisses. "Jordy." But her first stop isn't that fourth cage. Logic prevails, despite the flare of distress, and she bolts for the third cage. "You two hold still. I'm going to let you out," she tells the two birds. "Do whatever you can, okay? The Keepers with the cattle prods, if you can. You know what you're best at... but I need them away, badly if we're going to get all of you out of here alive. Please?" She looks at those evil-looking birds intently, eyes pleading with them as much as her tone, as she reaches in between the bars to unfasten those leashes that hold them.

Desari thinks; 'Birds, go for the Keepers guarding the ape. Drag them away... let me get that pissed off beast out of there. Then we might have a fair chance, especially if I can wake Jordy. Will... that was Greg, wasn't it? Will he help? '

Hallway- Mikhail reaches the first Keeper, driving the sword into his body. The man screams, although it sounds more excited than agonized- and Mikhail swings him in front of the second Keeper...who is only too happy to put a round through his partner's body and into Mikhail's chest at close range. The armor gives slightly, but holds. Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Hallway- Mikhail

private Mikhail Your armor won't take a whole lot more punishment at this rate...the Keepers are better shots with their guns than you anticipated.

Mikhail thinks; 'Nyet, stronker then I thought. Ending this now.'

The arena room- The Keepers explode into a collective frenzy. The ape bellows as it is repeatedly tased. Some people begin shooting guns randomly. Des crouches in the cages and frees the birds, who flap out into the chaos. A few flashlightsand headlamps come on, but only a few, strobing around the room.

private desari You thought you saw a man in a suit a moment ago... where'd he go... where is he?

 A feral growl escapes Mikhail' throat and he strikes out in a whirl of movement against his now one foe, as he pulls his blade free and nudges the dead keepers corpse onto the

other man as he shifts towards the side attempting to part the second keepers head clean from his body with both of his blades.

Letting Veronica shred the now-subdued Keeper that she'd been inhabiting, Risa instead switches and melds into the badly injured wolf. It's very likely a heavily unpleasant experience for the fallen supernatural canine, but the ghost is soon forcing her to her feet and to drag herself somewhere that offers an out of the way spot. And hopefully cover.

Veronica doesn't let up in her assault on the man, trying to capitalise on her first attack, she strikes again, clearly not intending to let him get out of there with his life.

"Get the Keepers by the ape!" Desari yells out to the birds as they fly free. In a desperate move, she pulls out the bag of blood she'd brought along anyway, tearing it open and throwing it into the cage that holds the two sedated werewolves. Then she turns, pulling a pair of the tranquelizer antidotes out of her pockets as she lunges forward, towards those horrible ape-abusers.

Desari thinks; 'If these can wake up a tranqued person... they ought to play hell on someone's nervous system if it /isn't/ depressed. Fuck, it's worth a try.'

Desari feels a reckless thrill, the sort she only ever feels when everything starts to fall apart.

Desari thinks; 'Do or die, right? That ape is our fucking lifeline right now. We /need/ him.'

Veronica finishes gutting the Keeper, now a sack of meat with a balaclava-clad head barely hanging from it. While she is doing this, however, something lands nearby...an object... and it pops with a strange sound...

The birds make a try for the Keepers. They're distracted, swinging their clumsy prods upward in an attempt to shock the birds. One of the Keepers gets a talon rake across his face. One of the birds get caught by a prod, dropping with a squawk.

Risa slips into the werewolf, which is not a pleasant experience for either of them. She manages to push it into a corner, eye hanging partially from a socket. The beast is shivering, and she can feel it trying to change shape.

Veronica gives the dead keeper a final shake with her head, blood covering much of her fur and little of it her own. She has good hearing though and the sound of the thing landing nearby has her ears perking up and she's already on the defensive, eyeing it as she backs up.

Desari uses that to rush in. Swiping a leg at the nearest of the distracted keepers, she attempts to bring him to the floor with a nasty trip, then leans in to viciously jab his neck with the narcan injector she's holding. The plastic container, now useless, is dropped quickly as the swiftly moving young woman seeks to arm herself with something else -- that prod he was carrying.

' Hallway- The Keeper displays surprising adroitness, catching his comrade and using him to block the double bladed blow. Mikhail does in fact decapitate a Keeper, but it's the one who is already dead. Shrieking with glee, the Keeper seems to have drawn a big machete from within his coat, ready to dance...

"Shhh. Lay still. I do not know if your human form can handle the wounds," the ghostly Risa whispers to the werewolf, a feeling of a cold hand passing over the wolf's fur. Then she's looking up at the flare of energy from the grenade, and immediately leaving the wolf for the Swann.

private Risa You're no medical professional, but you're pretty sure that wolf is going to die if she shifts back to human form....especially if it's the seventeen year old from Haven...

Veronica turns into a mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes.

"Stay in wolf form. Rest. Lay still until we can move you," Risa says one last thing to the wolf before leaving.

Risa reaches the Swann in a matter of minutes.

"Super, eh? I heard your goddess sometimes takes us in. She hasn't given you the order to da the shell yet." Mikhail muses, with a bit of respect in his voice as he moves again on the keeper ready to dance, striking out at his machete carrying arm with almost expert precision from his longer blade in an attempt to hack it off or in the very least disarm him should it be armored, as he tries to bring the shorter blade to piece his heart, although, clearly not where the full focus of this assault is.

Mikhail thinks; 'I'm getting too old for this.'

Mikhail thinks; 'He dies, tonight. '

Initially the shock of the sudden shift into her human form has Veronica stunned and it's a good few seconds before she pushes herself up from the ground. Naked, and without weapons and armor. Her limbs are shaking as she looks around for some kind of weapon she can use. Checking around the dead keeper.

Mikhail feels even despite your inner bitching, you feel alive. That hatred in your gut is not quick appeased by the keepers, but you are feeling like the old you again.

Though she's moving along, Risa ultimately doesn't stop next to Veronica, or take any actions towards the Swann. Instead she's continuing through towards the cages that are containing now human figures. A quick look is given over any of the nearby Keepers, to see if they have keys she can grab, since she's bad at picking locks on the best of times. And when she's a ghost, it's not the best of times.

Desari sweeps a keeper with her leg and jabs him with the injector. She goes to grab his prod, but has to abandon the attempt to doge out of the way of being hit with a prod.

Something lands in the center of the five Keepers near Desari. She can't see what it is, but she hears some ripping noises.

A mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes turns into Veronica.

"Ronnie!" Desari yells. "This Keeper!" Desari indicates the downed man with a swift, vicious kick. "Get his... fuck!" Plans distorted by the neutralizer, she hisses and shakes her head as she bolts away from a fight that's suddenly overwhelming, and heads back over towards the cages, fumbling for more of those narcan injectors in the dark. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Mikhail lashes out at the Keeper, who is actually able to parry the blow, but this throws him off balance. The stab to his heart is caught by his off hand, so fails to stab him in the heart, though the blade does scrape against his ribs. Mikhail and hear further commotion down the hallway.

Risa continues to look for a Keeper with keys.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Already with the scent of blood on her, and covering much of her fur, Veronica releases a low rumbling growl, sounding a bit confused and disorientated by her surroundings. She starts a slow stalk around the outskirts of the arena, muzzle lifting to the air, sniffing and ears twitching as she searches for an exit.

private Risa Looks like one of them has keys. He's presently wading through the room, lashing out indiscriminately with a collapsible steel baton, hitting friend or foe alike. Mostly friend.

Mikhail's teeth grit as he barrels forward onto the someone cutting the distance between the two different from each other more so now as he uses the momentum gained from his last strike to bring his blades together for a slash to attempt to drive his blades through his dancing partner's chest in almost an X.

Finding her next target for harassment and possible death, Risa slips through the room, passing straight through the horde of bodies to get to him. She doesn't really worry about how he's lashing out, considering there aren't that many foes. As she nears him, she reaches out to partially manifest and make a grab at the keys.

It ends up more like a V than an X, but the dance has ended, and Mikhail is the one left standing. Flashlight beams can be seen from the end of the hallway. One Keeper lets out a cowboy-esque whoop of glee.

Risa thinks; 'I should truly stop coming in as a ghost when it seems we may need blades.'

emote Desari is running through the dark and the crowd. She is running...toward the cages? Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Desari is running through the dark and the crowd. She is running...toward the cages?

Risa gets the keys after several awkward grabs.

Desari is more like fumbling her way. She's blind! Though is there much of a crowd between the apes and the other cages?

The cheetah is searching the perimeter, trying to determine a means of escape. Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: The cheetah is searching the perimeter, trying to determine a means of escape.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she is more perceptive than any human.(4)

The cheetah finds a spot where she can possible push herself under the chain links. She might get a little scraped up, and it might take a short bit, but it seems the only means of egress.

Taking hold of the keys, Risa slips back through the crowd and towards the cages, being careful not to lose them. Once she's done so she hesitates, standing next to the one that holds the currently mindless ape within it and peering through the bars. Soon after, she looks at the horde of Keepers... before unlocking the door and opening it.

Risa thinks; 'If we leave them, they'll almost certainly die. Even if they're mindless.'

:Rather, Risa tries the keys and to unlock the door. She's probably getting tired in the process.

 Desari stops in her fumbling, when her fingers find the edge of a cage. Reaching through, she tries to ascertain just what sort of beast is within, judging from their size and the feel of their fur. On she moves to the next, and the next, until finally, it

seems, she's come to where she was hoping to be, pressed up against the cage containing a pair of werewolves. "Fuck, I hate being human," she mutters beneath her breath, as she reaches into her pocket for one of those injectors, pressing it into the nearest part of the animal's body. "You need to wake up. Both of you. Come on. We need your help."

Risa fumbles the keys that slip through her semisolid fingers. She retrieves them and tries to work them into the lock. The lock pops...

Veronica does just that, digging at the ground and clawing her way under the chain link. She probably gets a few scrapes and scratches. Are there any keepers on the other side?

Of course. There are Keepers and Hunters all over the place.

Desari feeds the vampire blood to the werewolves. They are immediately roused from their drugged state, growling and snapping at the bars. Des has to pull her hand back to avoid being bitten.

With those Keepers there, and there's probably more than a few of them, Veronica is more cheetah than person now, and as such, survival instincts probably kick in. No way near as fool hardy as her human, she makes to run like the wind, intending to duck and weave around them and dash towards the cages. And if she is able to, leap up atop of one of them. That's the plan anyways, whether she gets away and they let her...?

Manifesting more of herself, and growing tired by now, Risa grabs hold of the door and pops it before yanking it open... to unleash mini-Kong on the Keepers.

Shots echo throughout the room. All Keepers begin surging toward the cages in the back. The cheetah easily outruns all of them and leaps up onto the cage. The ape comes bursting out of the cage and slams a fist into the skull of a nearby Hunter, dropping him with a hollow popping sound. The remaining bird is now beating it's body uselessly against the walls and ceiling in a frantic attempt to escape.

Yank her hand back, Desari does. But clearly, this woman who's come to rely far, far too heavily on her supernatural side, is at a loss for what to do in a room that she can barely see. With little other choice as the cheetah leads the Keepers right to her hiding spot, she works to force the lock open with her tools, and free those wolves into the mess of nasty humanity that wants to kill them all.

The cage door swings open. The werewolves rush out in a V-fueled frenzy.

private Veronica You're starting to remember... that you aren't really a cheetah...

Veronica gives her head a bit of a shake, a low whine issued as she looks frantically around herself, trying to get a bearing on her surroundings, work out where everyone is, and searching the faces of the keepers for something, or someone.

Desari blinks rapidly as she shrinks back against the cage. Lifting her hands to her eyes, she rubs them, then lowers her fingers to stare out at the mess the werewolves, Veronica, and the Keepers are making.

private Veronica Two girl keepers. One matches the description. She is presently stalking through the dark with a pistol in one hand and an icepick in the other.

With a flourish, Mikhail sheathes his longer blade, favoring the mobility of the smaller blade for now, his hand moves to dim his headlamps light as he takes off sprinting from the flash lights as his full tilt moving in a zig zag and likely rolling forward if shooting starts, "I am getting too old for this."

Unseen through it all is a rather tired ghost, as Risa looks out at the fray that seems to be continuing. And then like that, she's suddenly gone from the room. It's going to take her awhile to get back.

Risa thinks; 'Time for blades. Not for ghosts.'

Risa thinks; 'If they're going to live.'

Veronica trains her sharp eyes on the one matching the description, trying to work out exactly how far, what she is doing and where she is going. She walks over towards the edge of the cage roof, upper body lowering down and muscles tensing as if preparing to leap.

The Keepers are trying to mob the werewolves. In the dark, the beasts have a clear advantage, and the air fills with howls, screams, the ripping of flesh, the scraping of bone. The ape has gone berserk, careening through the room with arms flailing. The bird is heard fluttering somewhere. Gunshots from somewhere. The ape bellows. You hear another feral cat somewhere, a man screaming, another gunshot...

 Mikhail sprints down the hall. Behind him, automatic weapons fire erupts. A stray bullet or two deflects off his armor... which is starting to give. 

Desari pushes forward from the cage she'd been crouching behind. As her eyesight and the body she's used to both return, she lunges forward. The clatter of keys to the ground when Risa drops them sees her bolting towards them, bending to scoop them up and then unlock the cage that Greg has been locked into this whole time. "Greg," she cries out, hoping to snap the man out of whatever stupor he's in with a strong (and not even fake) desire for him to help her. "We've got to get out of here!"

Risa is zipping back to her body to get weapons, and rejoin the fray if it's not too late. But she'll have to climb the fence, then get inside.

 It will take Risa a few to zip to the jeep, run to the facility and join the battle. However, she at least knows the route now and that will shave down the time a little. 

Luckily for Risa, her zipping back to her body is instantaneous. She pops the trunk from the interior lever, and staggers stiffly out into the night. As the bull terrier in the trunk loses its pillow, she utters, "Stay," and then closes the trunk to keep the poor dog inside. From there, it's a sprint towards the fence, a leap, and she awkwardly clambers over it. She's agile for a human... but not as agile as her more combat-oriented pals.

		Stat Report:Risa
	she can run as fast as the fastest sprinters in the world or 21 MPH.(2)


		Stat Report:Risa
	she can confidently do simple acrobatic maneuvers.(1)

 Risa is getting up and over that fence. 

 Mikhail rushes into the insanity that is the arena. Automatic fire peppers the walls behind him. 

The room currently has a cheering crowd of men- nearly 30. Some of them are armed with rifles.

In the arena, the man with the balaclava stands over a badly beaten werewolf with a baseball bat adorned with nails and barbed wire.

Two cages have been wheeled up to the arena on either side. One has a man in it, one has an ape. Several more cages are at the back of the room on rollers, but their occupants are hidden by shadows and the squirming motion of the manic crowd.

private Mikhail Holy shit. Keepers, Hunters, animals, werewolves... a giant melee without rhyme or reason.

Veronica turns into a mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes.

Assuming she's within range, Veronica takes an almighty leap from the top of the cage, intending to land ideally in front of the female keeper in question, taking to her human form and appearing at a crouch before her. Once she catches her breath from it, she rises up and says just one word, hopefully getting it out before she puts a bullet in her. "Sumner."

Desari reaches into the unlocked cage, shaking Greg by the shoulder. "Greg," she says, urgently. "Greg. The man in the suit. Who is he?" While she waits for the captive Keeper to respond, she turns, looking around the room to see if she can pinpoint the pristine man in the midst of the chaos.

Mikhail pants slightly as he retreats and he shakes his head, "Not enough reinforcements." He mutters, the coldness sinking into his gut as he joins the fray himself making his way over towards Veronica as he strikes against any keeper around him as he moves.

 Desari gets Greg's cage open. He looks up, dazed. "Dupree...?" He asks, groggily. 

private Desari Lee....where is Lee?

 The Keeper girl levels her gun at Veronica. At the name, she tilts her head to the side, though the gun is still aimed at her. "Talk fast," she says. 

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: "Yeah. I need to know where to find him," Desari says. "Honestly, it's urgent. Clearly he's got you in here. Was going to kill you. If I can get to him... we can end this madness. Will you /help/ me?" She sighs, eyes widening with a flicker of fear as some stray thought or another crosses her mind.

"I don't know... he was in the bleachers... he's... just here to buy..." He tries to crawl out of the cage, clearly only half here.

Desari feels a surge of real, honest fear for the man's life. After all, he's involved with her...

Desari thinks; 'Lee. Fuck. Lee. Where /are/ you? Don't be dead. Please... please God, don't be dead.'

 Risa is running across the production floor. She can hear the gunshots. 

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Risa is running across the production floor. She can hear the gunshots.

 Mikhail reaches the rest of the crew, slaying a Keeper or three along the way. His armor is beat to shit. It's not going to hold up against any further punishment. 

As she hits the production floor, Risa keeps at a run, though she's getting winded. Soon the woman is headed down the stairs next, but whenever she gets to the bottom she'll pause and move forward more carefully. A headlamp is pulled from her jacket, and held, but she won't proceed until she's sure the path between there and the arena is clear.

 Risa catches sight of three Keepers stalking down the left wing, automatic rifles in hand but  fumbling mostly blind. 

"Told me to make sure you were okay." Veronica brings one of her hands up to the side of her mouth, swiping away blood from her jaw. "I am a friend of his." Her eyes dart from the female keeper in front of her, taking in her surroundings and the others on her team. "Stay with me, fight with us, help, and I'll see you safe. Take you to him."

Desari asks, though her voice trembles, "He's not the one in charge of all this shit?" She wraps an arm around Greg, tugging him out of the cage and then nudging him up against it in a lean. "Help me get the shifters loose, Greg. Please. We can get them out of here. You can get out of here. Start fresh, away from... this nightmare."

Unfortunately for Risa, she can't see very well in the dark when she's not a ghost. However, it might be possible for her to pick the outlines of the Keepers with the lights, or perhaps from any flashlights or headlamps. Lifting up the crossbow, she aims it readied at one of the Keepers with the aim of shooting him in the chest. It's times like this that crossbows are much better than guns: less noise, no barrel flash.

"We have assholes with automatic weapons inbound." Mikhail calls over towards the group as the masked russian looks ragged, his shirt carrying a a series of holes into it and the weave underneath looking akin to swiss cheese.

And once she fires the shots, Risa slinks back up the stairs as quietly as possible.

 "Take me out of here. Now." The Keeper girl keeps her gun leveled inches from Ronnie's face. "Fuck your friends. You and me, leaving, now." 

Risa thinks; '...This is going to go so poorly for me.'

Risa gets a black, tactical crossbow from a leather back harness with a sheath.

		Stat Report:Risa
	she is very skilled with bows.

 Risa runs into the clusterfuck that has become the arena. 

private Desari A flash of darkness. A blurring, feline form running past you through the melee with a vicious snarl... and a ragged wound in its side.

Desari turns away from Greg, but not without a final plea to the man that's obviously only somewhat with it. "Greg, please!" Taking the keys, and her last few injectors, she heads over to the cages that still hold animals within. Unlocking the pit bull's cage, she jams the narcan injector into his thigh, and then quickly moves on, towards the bear. "Jordy... Jordy. God. Be okay. I can't find Lee, I can't find Jean... I don't know where Diego is. Jordy please..." Talking to herself? Perhaps. If the bear can't hear her. Her voice catches anyway, as she nears, before she pauses, twisting around. "Lee? God. Lee, come here! Let me help..."

 Automatic fire erupts in the darkness. The ape bellows in agony. The Keepers spray 

bullets in its general direction, killing even a few of their own in the process.

Veronica swallows hard, her light brown eyes narrowed upon the gun just inches from her face. She nods once to the female keeper and starts to take a couple of slow steps backwards. "Alright. But we're going to get out a lot faster if they are helping. If you help us."

 "I'd rather see them die," the younger Rogue says to Veronica. "So, take your pick." 

private Desari Lee is already gone. You follow his trajectory as he zips toward the Keepers gunning down the ape, trying to flank them...

The ape goes down. The three Keepers fire on it, emptying clips into the creature. One of them drops his empty clip, reaches into his coat pocket to reload...

 At least by the muzzle flares, Risa can see in the darkness. It doesn't really help though that it's temporarily messing with her night vision. But when the automatic fire shots, she aims another bolt at one of the Keepers. It zips through the air almost soundlessly after the release of the bowstring, aiming right at one of the Keepers' chests. 

 TWHIP. The bolt hits the nearest AK wielding Keeper, who is good enough to die quietly as Risa makes her escape back into the hallway. 

Desari cries out, "Lee!" But with the panther on the run, what can she do? Tears springing to her eyes, she twists for the last cage, keys yanking in the lock as she throws the door open, jamming the last injector into his thigh. "Jordy, Lee needs you. I need you. Wake UP!" she growls, body already twisting and reshaping itself as she keeps her eyes on that panther.

Desari thinks; 'Don't you dare fucking die on me. Damn you, Lee. Don't you dare.'

Risa thinks; 'Damn. If everything weren't going insane, I could find a target and give them some protection...'

With a roll, Mikhail dips behind his nearest point of cover as he slowly unshoulder's his rifle, as he looks over towards the the automatic fire and he shakes his head, "And my sister wanted me to come to America and get condo." he mutters as he attempts to line up a shot on one of the keepers and open fire, not with the ease he does with his blades.

Mikhail puts a Shashka in a duffel bag.

 A panther leaps onto the Keeper who is reloading ,taking him down and ripping at him. The last Keeper with an AK turns and levels the weapon, apparently ready to spray both of them with bullets. 

Mikhail gets a Dragunov sniper rifle from duffel bag.

Mikhail pulls a Dragunov sniper rifle off his back.

		Stat Report:Mikhail
	he wields rifles competently.

A group of Keepers bring one werewolf down, beating it wish fists and stabbing it with broken beer bottles...

Risa thinks; 'Too... damn... many.'

 "You kill me, you're not getting out of here alive. You'll be shot down." Veronica glances quickly around her, trying to track the progress of her friends and the shifters near

the cages before returning eyes to the gun leveled upon her. "Victoria. Come on. We don't have much time or the both of us are going to get fucking killed."

 Desari screams, but by the time it leaves her throat, she's no longer human. The feral leopard, who's probably already rather tired from all the tearing around, leaps forward closing the distance in a jump. Two? Three? Either way, she throws her slight frame at the Keeper's side, teeth intent on ripping into his arm and pulling that gun off target. 

A tousle-haired brunette with soft blue eyes turns into Desari.

Risa thinks; '...If only -I- were a shifter.'

The Rogue sister's eyes tick nervously between the exit and Veronica. Her finger rubs the trigger of her gun nervously.

Desari thinks; 'Not if I can stop it, Lee. You don't die this way, you bastard.'

Desari feels a raging fury, at both the panther, and the man trying to hurt him. More the latter, though it seems she blames it on the shifter.

 The Keeper lets off a burst of gunfire just as Desari plows into him, knocking him back and going with him. He is fumbling for something now as the two enter a vicious melee. 

Eventually seeming toget fed up with looking around through the darkness, Risa takes out a ritual dagger and draws it across her palm. Curling her fingers in around, she dashes some blood forward onto the floor, in the direction of the fallen werewolf. "Kami of luck!" she yells, suddenly, into the darkness before returning the dagger and drawing her actual sword. "Give them mine." Then she's running abruptly forward, going towards Desari as she recognizes the flash of light fur in the darkness.

BANG. Mikhail drops a Keeper who is off his guard... takes two or three rifle rounds before the insane bastard realizes he's dead.

Risa puts a black, tactical crossbow in a leather back harness with a sheath.

Risa gets a curved, steel-bladed short sword from a leather back harness with a sheath.

Risa puts a dark red, round crystal down.

Risa gets a dark red, round crystal and slips it into her a long, brown suede jacket pocket.

Mikhail exhales slowly as he shifts to rest his barrel against his cover as he looks around in the fry, "Any luck." he calls over towards Veronica as he likely takes his aim at one of the keepers hanging back to pick off the strays and he continues to open fire, the bolt action of his rifle gaining a bit of heat, "Hate these fucking weapons."

Desari grinds her teeth hard into the man's forearm, viciously trying to rend muscle from bone as her hind legs kick out at his gut, claws raking, tearing through clothing and perhaps beyond if he's not wearing the sort of armor that covers his abdomen as well as his chest. There's nothing nice about this animal, right now. In pure rage, she hasn't even had the time to check and see if that gunfire hit its target. This Keeper is going to die, right here at her... teeth, and it'll be as brutal as it has to be.

The remaining werewolf seems to have a sudden...invulnerability. It shreds through two Keepers, heedless of the blows which rain upon it. At the wall, the Kodiak bursts forth from its cage, wading into the melee.

"Sumner told me to make sure you were okay. I am Veronica Swann." Veronica makes her last attempt at convincing the female keeper. She is becoming more anxious herself, her fingers twitching at her side and obviously fighting the desire to shift and rejoin the combat. "Come on." She begs, even as she steps back, she tempting fate, starts to shift back into her cheetah form.

A mahogany skinned young woman with ecru eyes turns into Veronica.

 Sumner's sister begins moving toward the door. She fires her gun off randomly, not seeming to really aim for any target. 

Risa is now in the melee as well, charging forward and lashing out at any of the Keepers that are nearby. These are not shallow slashes or what might pass for 'love taps', but instead the small woman throws her weight behind the razor-honed blade, attempting to slam it through any enemy bodies that get into her path. It slows her on the recoil, but is probably much more deadly than the slashes.

		Stat Report:Risa
	she is fairly skilled with large bladed weapons.

Risa plunges her sword into a Keeper, who dies discharging several pistol rounds into the girl. Thankfully, her armored lamellar holds up to the bullets, though she likely feels the impact shudder through her body.

Risa feels incredibly grateful for armor, that it was only a pistol, and that she's tougher than your run of the mill human.

Desari tears the Keeper apart even as the punches her side and snout with a strength no sane human should have. Her toughness protects her for now.

As Risa wrenches her sword out of the dead keeper that just put marks on her lamellar armor, she turns and looks towards anyone that seems to be attacking another opponent on her side of the fray. Maybe someone on the bear. Her hand reaches outwards, and her fingers curl inwards like claws before she wrenches it down, hissing out, "Die."

		Ability Report:Risa
	she can speed up someone's heart, potentially leading to a panic attack or death in an already 

badly injured person.

 Veronica moves from Victoria's side, but doesn't depart too far, covering her till she reaches the door and taking on any keepers that happen to be in her path. Tearing at skin

with teeth and claws.

Desari Sanity might not be something this cat has going for her, right now, either. Ripping that Keeper to shreds, it's not until his last breath gurgles bloodily from his torn up chest that she spins around, leaping over to where the panther was last seen. Is he still there? If so, she immediately noses up to him, searching him with a frantic, wild-eyed look. If not, she turns that same look on the room, searching for him.

 The bear doesn't seem to need any help. He ignores gunfire and swats a Keeper hard enough  that bone breaking is heard above the fray. Risa does spot a wounded Keeper, however, and  graciously helps him bleed to death faster. 

The panther is on top of a dead Keeper. His shoulders rise and fall, but he isn't getting up.

Desari goes AFK. (How bad?)

Desari is no longer AFK.

private desari Severe. Severe.

Desari nudges and nuzzles the wounded animal, a whine rising in her throat. Ears slicked back and hackles raised, she twists around snarling a feral, deadly-sounding growl at anyone who comes near while she assesses just how many Keepers are still in the area.

Keepers and Hunters are down to maybe a dozen or so.

                                                                     "Nyet, nyet, nyet." Mikhail mutters, as he slowly slides his rifle back over his shoulder as he pulls his longsword free from the scabbard as he makes his gaze fall over towards the keepers in the thick of melee, trying to assess how all of the fights are going. 

Once the female keeper is more or less on her way, Veronica leaves her to the hallway, and to find her own way out. Instead of accompanying her, she puts on a short burst of speed, jumping over and over towards the fight, intending to try aid any of the struggling shifters and try launch herself at a keeper's throat.

Mikhail thinks; 'I wonder if comrade grandmaster will approve a vacation?'

Mikhail puts a Dragunov sniper rifle in a duffel bag.

Mikhail gets a Shashka from duffel bag.

It's a fight for life, and Risa knows it. Though she's winded the woman doesn't take a respite for long, yanking her sword back into position and charging forward towards her next target. As she moves, quicker than most people should be able to, her hand extends outwards and her palm flattens. That poor, unfortunate soul might suddenly feel light-headed.

		Ability Report:Risa
	she can slow down someone's heart, causing them to feel faint and lightheaded.

Wearily, but no less livid, Desari pushes herself back to her feet. She nudges again at the wounded Lee, before turning and pressing herself right back into the fray. The nearest Keeper is charged, the feline working to viciously hamstring and cripple her prey, rather than kill it outright.

 The werewolf seems to be feeling no pain, but it's facing off against several. The kodiak tears through the room, roaring and mutilating any Keeper it gets its hands on.

Desari charges through the room, clearly on the warpath. The panther is down. The other bird is down, shifting back into human form as it does. Veronica has reached the exit with a Keeper girl.

Risa feels like she's enjoying this, probably moreso than usual. Too much for her usual demeanor to truly hint at. She's aggressive, and vicious... and when it comes time for killing people like Keepers? She's a terrible example of an Order member.

Desari feels an overwhelming urge to /punish/ these men for what's been done to her friends and those like her.

Desari thinks; 'Suffer... bleed... even if you can't feel fear, you /can/ feel pain!'

Desari runs at a Keeper, getting half a clip of bullets for her trouble. So intent on murder is she that she'll kill him, but only if she doesn't bother dodging...

Risa wields her a curved, steel-bladed short sword.

Risa is still in the melee. She takes several blows from two Keepers as she hacks at one of them, making him go lightheaded in the process. The bear seems to be lumbering toward her and the remaining Keeper. Her armor holds up, but one of her shoulder pauldrons cracks.

Risa adjusts her a leather vest with hardened plates. Revealing; a supple, fitted leather vest with hardened plates

Risa feels like she's unsure how long her armor will actually hold up, she's mostly been trying it against shroud beasts lately.

Risa thinks; '...I'm going to have to get out of the middle, soon. I'm not my brother.'

Desari is actually just trying to shred the poor man and leave him wounded. The sound of close-range gunfire is hard to miss, however, and snaps her out of that blood-lust. It's probably too late to dodge every bullet, but she tries to avoid what she can, while still working to bring that Keeper down, in the process.

As Mikhail grips hisblades, his body gives a small tremble, beneath his mask his lips curl into a full smile as he brushes off his past fatigue away as he rushes over towards Risa's help, barreling down on one of the keepers engaging her with a leap but without his normal quick lethal intention as he tries to drive his blade through the kneecap.

The sound of the hardened plates in her armor splitting causes some worry to spring to Risa's face. She also glances towards the bear, apprehensively, but then is soon extremely focuses on the Keeper she's just hacked at. The blade rising up, she stabs it forward, attempting to skewer him where his throat meets clavicles. At present she'd appear to be oblivious to Mikhail's approach.

Mikhail is just about to be on the Keeper fighting Risa when, unexpectedly, the Kodiak lashes out with a paw. Catching him off guard, the blow hits him like car- supernatural strength, perhaps fueled by adrenaline and vee. His armor splinters and he feels the blow in his bones.

private Veronica Blows and the occasional stray bullet wear away at your toughness.. you're not out of this fight yet, though.

Dark eyes suddenly going wide as she notices the kodiak slam its paw into Mikhail, Risa turns and calls out towards the bear, "No! We are friends! Do not attack us!"

Veronica brings a Keeper down, suffering a rather nasty knife wound, but weathering the blow regardless.

Risa feels like she suddenly doesn't like bears so much. She doesn't want to be anywhere near this one.

Mikhail thinks; 'Ow...we are not friends.'

 Desari cries out in pain, falling from the Keeper that shot at her. Her body twists, and though she wants to dive right back in, it's Risa's cry that catches her attention. The

familiar feline calls out, a yowl above the chaos that's intended to get the Kodiak's attention. She turns, limping toward him, pushing the pain from her mind though blood drips from her fur with every step.

Blood spills from Mikhail' lips as he lands, his gaze raised towards the bear as he hits the wall, none the less he's certainly a tough fucker himself as he hoists himself back on his feet and he spits onto the ground as he readies himself to engage once again.

Desari thinks; 'Friends, Jordy. Friends!'

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Veronica hopefully manages to get back to the fight, bullet's cutting into fur, and leaving more than a few wounds that spill her own blood on the floor. And she hesitates initially as she tries to take in what is going on, her eyes tracking the movements of the Order marked folk, Desari, and the shifters in the room. In the end, she moves to aid the werewolf, and take on a keeper, bringing him down, but not without taking a knife wound herself.

Mikhail thinks; 'Imma stab dat bear.'

Mikhail feels high as shit and likely going to hate yourself in the morning.

The bear continues to lumber toward Risa, nothing but murder in its eyes.

The werewolf still has two Keepers to go and looks hurt, the protection Risa gave him now spent.

Mikhail advances on the bear, as does Desari.

Considering that she isn't a supernatural combatant, Risa probably can't outrun the kodiak... and she seems to know that. What she does know is how to get a murderous bear's attention off of her... she didn't spend that time in Canada for nothing. As the kodiak advances the Japanese woman suddenly goes completely limp, falling to the concrete floor without any attempt to cushion her own fall. Should it begin to nudge her, or otherwise do anything, she'll remain that way. She's not ghosting, just still.

Risa feels like she's too freaked out by impending bear-death to be willing to ghost, she'd probably just end up snapping herself back.

Desari ignores her wounds, pushing herself forward with a burst of adrenaline, working her way between Risa and the bear. The tiny feline looks up, eyes fiercely determined as she yowls at him again. And again. Determined to get his attention, to draw him away from the two injured humans, she holds her position there, crouching and clearly worried.

Risa goes limp. This fails to deter the bear, which seems almost rabid in its pursuit of blood. Desari interposes between the bear and the Orderite, with Mikhail coming in like a bullet. The bear sweeps out a paw-

"For Glorious MotherRussia and ever glorious order!" Mikhail cries out as he starts his charge at his full speed, as he leaps attempting to land on the animals back and drive the short sword into his thick skull his eyes behind his mask bloodshot from the pain he's feeling.

The short sword cuts deep, but deflects off the bone. The beast is supernaturally tough and seems to be feeling little pain. It's paws fly up and catch Mikhail, hurling him int o the concrete with brutal force.

Desari snarls almost rabidly herself when she sees someone attack as he does. Her cries of rage and pain fill the air, and she pushes forward, trying to stop what her injured body probably couldn't even hope to stop, at this point. Whimpers fill the air as the little cat pleads with the enraged bear once again, pushing herself in against his legs.

Mikhail's eyes go wide as he's slammed, despite the pain it caused him he rolls and recovers within the movement as quick as he can manage as his hands move to the hilt of his long blade in an attempt to drive it through the bears throat.

		Stat Report:Desari
	she is really good with animals.(2)

 This time, when Mikhail charges, Desari leaps towards him, snarling rabidly as she tries to trip not the bear, but him. 

Mikhail thinks; 'Shit, I did never get to go to that movie. '

Desari thinks; 'I won't lose them both. Fucking shit. LEAVE MY FRIEND ALONE! We came here to /SAVE/ him!'

It's not working, and Risa is aware enough about that in order to roll and get up off of the ground. Back on her feet, she looks at the bear while shaking - clearly afraid of the kodiak. She smells of it, to a shifter. Partially crouching, she speaks up while Desari tries to hold off the human-formed demonborn. "Please. Please -stop-. I know you are angry. We can see it. But we are here to help! You and your friends. Remember them?"

Desari's trip takes Mikhail's legs out. He doesn't get that throat shot, but he does spear the bear through it's body. This seems to injure it, but only mildly so.

Risa feels like she has no idea if the others are the bear's friends or not.

Ronnie leaps at another Keeper fighting the remaining werewolf.

As Mikhail falls to the ground he looks over at someone, his hidden expression one of utter horror and betrayal as Risa tries to negotiate with the vee filled bear.

Mikhail thinks; 'Meeh, Anais will be pissed. Fucking Templars.'

Risa feels like she's going to move in front of Mikhail, if at all possible, if the bear tries to strike him again.

 Veronica leaps at the keeper, there's no real finesse to her style, just raw and brutal animal brawling as she tries to catch his throat in her teeth and tear it out as quick

as she can.

The brawl continues between Veronica, the werewolf, and the remaining Keepers. Meanwhile, the bear seems completely out of its mind on Vee...

Desari yowls yetagain, her feline self trying to get through to the bear that she so clearly thinks she recognizes, even if he is too out of it to recognize her. She looks terribly betrayed herself, in the one look she slants Mikhail, lips curling up to reveal her fangs. Lunging in, she bites at the bear's ankle and then takes off, trying to lead it away from the two Orderites and, oddly enough, back towards the cages.

Desari thinks; 'Get him back in a cage. Get him where they won't hurt him. Where he won't hurt them. Jordy... Please... '

Desari feels pain, fear, and pure worry all wrapped into one big mess that's left her trembling as she runs.

The bear roars and starts chasing Desari's feline form. So bent on violence, it seems able to discern the fairly simple trick she's pulling on it. There is a flash as the panther angles in from the other side.

While her negotiation doesn't seem to be working, Risa moves in between the fallen form of Mikhail and the murderous, drug-addled bear. She holds her sword up defensively, ready to try to ward off any blows. But he's pretty obviously bigger, stronger, and faster than the nymph.

 Mikhail spits out redness as he forces himself back to his feet as he looks over at Risa, his hand moving to rest against his side, "Hey." he tells her through gritted teeth

as he eyes the exit, "We need to fall back." he tells her with a grunt.

Desari bounds onward, using a burst of speed to put her ahead of the bear. Enough that she can work her way around to the back, behind an open cage, in a tight spot where a bear his size can can only hope to reach her by going /in/.

		Ability Report:Desari
	she can oxygenate their muscles for a brief peek in performance.

Veronica lets out a loud howl, her frustration showing as she sends one of her claws into the side of one of the keepers, golden eyes watching Risa and someone just for a second. And then over to Desari. She closes her eyes, possibly leaving herself open for a second and just as Desari tries to do that, does something herself, issuing a 'bless' on the woman.

Desari slips into thecage, the bear following her as planned...the blessing apparently sealing the deal, but Ronnie takes a bat to the face for it.

 Watching the bear get drawn back towards the cages, Risa nods mutely to Mikhail and then looks over to the arena. "Yes. Go, wait for us outside," she tells the man, before darting over in the direction of where she left the badly wounded werewolf. "Miss

Swann!" she calls out over the falling din. "Help me get the girl!"

One of the Keepers, the only other girl one it seems, stumbles out of the darkness at the edge of the room, walking toward Desari. She is unarmed.

The injured but living werewolf that was fighting alongside Ronnie moves to help Risa and Ronnie as well.

And Desari twistsherself around, trying to duck right back through the bear's paws as he reaches for her, and out the door. Leaving the masive animal to struggle through a turn in such tight quarters, she throws her slight form at the door of the cage, to push the latch shut. It's not locked, yet, but maybe it'll hold for a second or two.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Coast is clear out in the hallway.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: The bat to the face has Veronica seeing stars as she is sent a good couple of feet back. She shakes herself down, sending blood from a wound to her head flying as she comes back into the fight. Even injured, she's still probably fairly beastly? But certainly starting to tire.

Des flees out of the cage. The girl Keeper locks it for her, slumping to the ground nearby.

		Stat Report:Veronica
	she fight with tooth and claw like a bestial god.

 All Keepers are now dead, save one... 


 Veronica is hopeful that one is the female one that she got to the exit. 

 It isn't. 

Desari knows this one, yes?

The younger Rogue girl seems to have vanished entirely.

Desari does recognize this girl as the Keepers' bait. She stares forlornly at the badly wounded werewolf.

 Desari shifts back to her human form, panting, bleeding, and reaches up to snap the lock on the cage.

"Vicky!" she yells over to the Keeper heading her way, hopefully alerting the others to her 'safety' at the same time. "Tranq the bear, please! I... don't know how long he'll hold in here otherwise."

Desari turns into a tousle-haired brunette with soft blue eyes.

The woman complies, her eyes glazed over.

Greg is dead, apparently from friendly fire.

Mikhail slowly trudges away as he pauses and takes an extra moment to kick the corpse of Greg before he pauses and looks over at the interaction.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena

  This appears to have once been a boiler room. The edges of the room are

cloaked in shadow, with a large ring of light beaming down to illuminate a makeshift arena made from chain link fence, about the size of a professional wrestling ring.

Bleachers have been set up here, and the spaces between them contain numerous coolers, some open and obviously filled with beer bottles.

The room stinks of blood and death. Blood splatters the floor of the arena.

 This room is filled with more than two dozen corpses. Blood, spent shell

casings, and broken weapons lie everywhere.

It is night, and about 45F(7C) degrees. There is a waning gibbous moon.

Dynamic Places: within the arena

Desari is standing here. Mikhail is using a cage for cover as he's taking potshots at the keepers. Veronica is at within the arena Risa is at within the arena

 Veronica doesn'tmourn him, instead she moves over towards Mikhail, nudging his side with the top of her brow, and then moving over to Risa to do the same. Eventually she

sinks down on the ground, as she struggles to catch her breath. Cheetah's are good for speed, but tire easily.

Coming to a stop next to the nearly-dead werewolf, Risa reaches out her hand in order to run her fingers over the she-wolf's fur. "Lay still," she murmurs to the creature, whether the wolf is conscious or not. She looks at the other were, and Veronica, before over to the Keeper girl, "We need to get her out, and to a supernatural doctor."

Desari slumps downagainst the cage, reaching through to stroke the unconscious bear's fur. "God..." she breathes out, a choked, pained little exhalation as she notes the sheer lack of success with actually getting shifters out alive. (Where is the pit bull she tried to wake earlier? Dead?). "Where are the rest of them being kept? Where are they? We can't leave them here... we can't have /failed/ this badly..."

Survivors in thisroom: Two werewolves, the bear, the mastiff. However, you haven't accounted for all the missing... and there is one hallways your group never got down.

Risa thinks; '...We did do very badly. What were we thinking?'

Mikhail's eyes shift over towards Veronica as he slips his long sword back into his scabbard before he reaches over to ruffle her ears, "There are other guards, comrade. I ran into some while trying to find the cages while you were with the being here." he calls to Desari before he makes his way out.

At this point, the players and I were all exhausted and it was late at night, so a group decision let us go into “Epilogue/Wrap-Up Mode,” with the action moving in a faster narrative time and emotes covering more general courses of action.

Veronica The nudge at everyone seems to be more to assure herself that each of them is indeed still alive and not likely to die from their injuries in the coming few minutes. Eventually she returns back to someone' side and leans in against it.

Presumably, once the werewolf Risa was looking out for is taken care of, she'll go check the rest of the building. She's still fighting-fit, though her armor is damaged, thanks to Desari and Mikhail.

Down the other hallway you find the cage room. In it, you recover the remaining missing shifters. This includes Desari's friends, Jean and Diego, and the other missing VNPC shifters.

Veronica is tired, but likely can still fight, and will take care of any issus she needs to while the others secure the safety of any shifters still caged.

Vicky (who is not he same as Victornia, named her before Sumner contacted me) explains that the bear has been vee'd to be berserk.

Mikhail puts a Shashka in a duffel bag.

Mikhail slips a Pioneer's Short Sword into a hidden sheath.

Vicky explains that seeing a seventeen year old girl forced to fight made her realize that monsters, some of them, are people. She seems suicidal and can be easily killed, left, or taken prisoner.

Desari is exhausted, but she has no intentions of leaving any shifters here in the cages. Even if it means getting hurt further. And she'll probably try to bring Vicky with her. Temple recruit, or at least someone that can be 'helped' along with a few mental nudges, into a healthier lifestyle.

So, the final decisions: What do you do with all these corpses, what do you do with a bear who has been vee'd to near insanity, what do you do with the Keeper girl?

Risa will probably-gently- put down the bear unless Desari stops her, after that, and then call in a clean-up crew of some sort.

 Clean up crew, check. Vicky taken back to Temple, check. 

A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Mikhail would likely be in favor of killing the bear, and then go cuddle his dog in his jeep.

 Veronica would probably not be killing the bear. 

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Oh, and instead of having the teenage werewolf taken to the Order, Risa might actually see that she gets medical care... and then send her to the Hand.

 Veronica would send teenage werewolf to Sumner to take care of. Definitely. 

Veronica would probably double check outside for the young Rogue girl. Presume she's long gone though?

Desari's friends offer to take the sedated bear and try to figure out what to do with it.

Desari says, with a faint purr, 'Okay. '

Victoria Rogue has vacated the area.

Risa will probably hesitantly allow the others to take the bear, with a warning not to let him out of their sight.

Burned Out Factory Basement- A Brutal Makeshift Arena: Veronica wonders if any information can be gleamed as to where Dupree is?

Vicky says Dupree was a buyer from Chicago. He was looking to buy the winning animals for his own private collection. This means that Dupree is not a Keeper…

((The party then returned to Haven and went their separate ways))

Fin