A Warning
Asinine things like assuming something I didn't know anything about, griefy things, etc, is going to have a permanent repercussion to them if I find out who did them. No, I'm not going to do a griefy thing. I'm going to avoid you. I'm not saying you should be hurt, because quite honestly I am not satisfied with my own roleplay. It's not that great and I think you are silly if you get upset over me deciding you're not fun. Just remember- I might forgive. But I will always, always remember. Do what you like to my characters, but don't be an asshole to me the player without getting to the cause and seeing if I'm actually trying to be an asshole or not. It's going to cost you, like I said earlier. Albeit in a not too harmful way.

Onto the next thing, promises. I take /my/ word as the player very seriously, even if some of my characters and you, don't. I will keep my end of the bargain forever. And ever. When you want me to... and when/if you don't. So if you think that you're going to eventually regret having me the player promise you something? Don't do it. Or put a time limit on it. I know a player in 3.0 who threw a tizzy because I kept my end of the deal all the way out through 3.0. And will continue to do it in 4.0 and beyond.

I feel very, extremely uncomfortable writing public posts. Explaining stuff(that feels very, as I put earlier, on my part, asinine, but I feel like there should be reasoning and talk about why I do things). Putting down my ideas. Etc.

I don't know if this is the right board for it, I don't know where to put it so hopefully this is the right one?
I have no idea what this thread is about, but I think we'd all be better off if we treated eachother as nicely as possible OOCly.
(07-16-2018, 01:10 AM)Sparrow Wrote: I have no idea what this thread is about, but I think we'd all be better off if we treated eachother as nicely as possible OOCly.

This is about an assumption made that I'm in the mindset of, "just because I can do it, I'll do it" that I knew about a coded benefit, and was taking advantage of it. There is a lot of things that lead up to this, to be perfectly honest. And so I thought to myself. People deserve a warning. This is just explaining how my mind works when it comes to griefy things, assumptions, etc. It's too late for some players, they already did what was mentioned above. Some wanted me to give them a promise about avoiding them. Some wanted me to make rather benign promises, and these promises are very personal so I won't be putting them up here. Just explaining to them and anyone else, if they particularly care(which they likely don't) how I work.
Hey, I haven’t RPed with you in a long time. Mostly because I’ve avoided the main grid or haven’t RPed in a year.

I can only offer some advice from the times I’ve RPed with you and to the rumors spreading around oocly. You have had a habit in the past with exposing things right off the bat. Try to keep most things secret unless a character comes to you for information. Secrecy and playing Nancy Drew Detective is a fun part of playing Haven. I think dropping subtle teeny tiny clues is okay also. It’s all about finding a balance while roleplaying.

If you struggle with finding balance, send an ooc note or tell to a player you trust for good advice and ask them for help. Smile

Subtly is key and you are not the only player that needs to work on this. Many players would do well to take this advice.